10" hub motor rubs after new bearings

flippy

1 MW
I have "rebuilt" my 10"hub motor (scooter, not a bike) with new SKF bearings to replace the chinesium ones that were completly shot.
had to resort to using propane to heat it up to get them out. i just froze the new bearings and tapped them in.
removed all the rust (a bit from water that got in) from inside the housing to make it pretty again.
also put on new tire to complete the job.

but now the stator is rubbing against the magnets at once place. i already tried rotating the covers in the hope it might be crooked or something but to no avail.

any bright ideas on how to fix the rubbing without taking a angle grinder to the stator to get rid of the rubbing?

found the problem and solution:

due to heating of the side covers that hold the bearings it warped slighty. removed everything and bolted the covers (without stator and bearings) to the hub and reheated the covers to straighten them again.
removed one cover after cooling, heated the other one still on the hub again slighty, it put in bearing and let it cool again while bolted to the hub and reversed it to do the other side after cooling.

this solved the problem.

Back