how to check controller with multimeter

kermeifw

1 mW
I purchased a new controller. The motor isn't working with the new controller. I've reconnected old controller and it works. Tried 3 times, each time the new one didn't work but the old one does. The new one is suppose to give me more torque. I have a gio pb710. I've tried to get help from the person I purchased it from but he keeps telling me to check the wiring. Which again I've done several times, even sending him photos to prove what I've done.

I own a multimeter but honestly have no idea how to use it (bought it two years ago to test a lawn tractor starter, followed a youtube video to do this, have no idea how use it otherwise). Before I send the controller back I'd like to test it to make sure it isn't working properly.

Is it possible that I did something when hooking it up to blow the new controller? From what I can see, there is no way to hook up the wires incorrectly, each wire set has a different type of connector.

Please if someone can help me and show me how to test it. I'd be very grateful.

kermeifw said:
I purchased a new controller. The motor isn't working with the new controller. I've reconnected old controller and it works. Tried 3 times, each time the new one didn't work but the old one does.
Next time, buy the Kunteng KT controllers / BMSBAttery S series controllers, as we draw the schematic and we have OpenSource firmware for it... so there is a lot of tecnhical documentation for this controllers and so are easier to repair/understand how they work.

Back