Controller mod, what can I do with it?

Hi guys,

I have a few controllers that I don't use, since they are not powerful enough regarding my needs.
I think I have 5 controllers of 80A and one other of 100A, just classic random chinese square wave controllers. Most of them Yuyang King.

Anyway, I would like to use them to experiment and learn about controllers.

I've searched on the forum but didn't really find what I was looking for, so I thought I should start my own thread and hopefully get some answers from the experts.

So, what I would like to try is to replace the original mosfets with better, more powerful ones. I'm wondering about the following things:
-How do I know what kind of mosfets should fit instead of the original ones?
-How crazy could I go on the power? Would it be possible to go from 80A to, lets say 300, 500, 10 000 000? What would be the actual limit, and why?
-Other than the mosfets, what would likely need to be changed? I suppose I would need to modify the current sensors and beef up the bus bars, but is there anything else?

I have no problem with soldering and I understand the basics of electronics, I'm just not an expert. I'm pretty sure many people here already tried this, so anyone who could give me tips, useful links or valuable advice would be really appreciated!
I don't care about cost of mosfets or the fact that it would be cheaper/easier/safer/whatever to directly purchase a good controller, I already know that, I already have some great controllers that I use, what I'm looking for is to learn and experiment.

Thanks a lot for those who could help, if I get enough information about how to do it, I'll give it a try and document the experience here,
Cheers

Back