Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protection?

Electric Motors and Controllers
Post Reply
vex_zg
100 W
100 W
Posts: 175
Joined: Mar 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protection?

Post by vex_zg » Aug 27, 2017 9:45 am

I'm looking at this Kunteng 72V 40A BMS from BMSbattery

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/736-s1 ... e-kit.html

I have a 16s (50-67V) battery, so I don't want low voltage protection to kick in at 60V (which would be a case with 72V controller).

Can this be somehow disabled or programmed or changed in hardware?

casainho
100 kW
100 kW
Posts: 1120
Joined: Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protectio

Post by casainho » Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

vex_zg wrote:I'm looking at this Kunteng 72V 40A BMS from BMSbattery

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/736-s1 ... e-kit.html

I have a 16s (50-67V) battery, so I don't want low voltage protection to kick in at 60V (which would be a case with 72V controller).

Can this be somehow disabled or programmed or changed in hardware?
The only possible configurations are the ones available from the LCD -- see the manual: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbuck ... panel.html

I would say that change in hardware is not possible as the firmware measures the battery voltage but uses that value as input of different functionalities -- so if you try cheat the firmware by hacking the hardware, some features will fail and the controller in general will not work.

BUT, with OSEC (OpenSource EBike controller firmware) will be possible for developers that adjust that values, just like stancoke is developing:

Image
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/

vex_zg
100 W
100 W
Posts: 175
Joined: Mar 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protectio

Post by vex_zg » Aug 27, 2017 12:55 pm

thanks.

So if it's not configurable via LCD I can't configure it currently. Edit: But if I have a 72V controller (undervoltage protection 60V) and get a corresponding LCD3 screen with 60V - will then the screen superimpose the undervoltage cutoff level?

What about those XPD tools or similar, I thought kunteng controllers are configurable via some tool.

I wish I had time to contribute your opensource efforts, that's like the #1 development project I'd pick. If I had few months to spare :-/

casainho
100 kW
100 kW
Posts: 1120
Joined: Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protectio

Post by casainho » Aug 27, 2017 2:14 pm

vex_zg wrote:So if it's not configurable via LCD I can't configure it currently. Edit: But if I have a 72V controller (undervoltage protection 60V) and get a corresponding LCD3 screen with 60V - will then the screen superimpose the undervoltage cutoff level?
Sorry, I can't help you more. Maybe you can ask BMSBattery.
vex_zg wrote:I wish I had time to contribute your opensource efforts, that's like the #1 development project I'd pick. If I had few months to spare :-/
Thanks. Maybe you can check the project later :-)
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/

honya96
10 W
10 W
Posts: 87
Joined: Mar 05, 2015 9:38 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Kunteng 72V Controller - configure low voltage protection?

Post by honya96 » Dec 13, 2017 7:19 pm

It can be set by changing resistor on board,really easy, but 50v is minimum for 72v display to work. If you still need it, post a close up photo of board near the 2 big resistors and voltage regulators and contact me, I will show you where it is.

Post Reply