BOMA 2000 watt speed and torque

SilverLine

100 W
Hello

And thanks for having me on this forum..... :)

I`m planning to build an electric motor on a kettcar pedal go kart, just for the fun of it, and for keeping the weight low.

I´m looking at the BOMA 2000 watt 60v brushless motor.

How fast would people think i will run with this motor ? And would the torque be okay ?
On pictures, it looks like the motor is coming with a 11 tooth sprocket. How manny tooth do people think i need on the wheel-aksel side. And any good places to buy ? And whats the right name of it.

What motor controller / ESC do people recommend for this motor ? I like to have the option to config the controller on my computer.

Thanks in advance

I think that motor will be way too fast unless you can use a larger sprocket on the rear axle. You need to match the power band of the motor to the gearing/weight of the vehicle.

What is the wheel diameter? How many teeth are on the rear sprocket? Do you want to still be able to pedal?

If you get a 2000W motor properly geared to that thing, it should do 35-40mph. The tires might melt at that speed. It would probably be more fun to gear for a slower top speed so you can get more acceleration.

fechter said:
I think that motor will be way too fast unless you can use a larger sprocket on the rear axle. You need to match the power band of the motor to the gearing/weight of the vehicle.

What is the wheel diameter? How many teeth are on the rear sprocket? Do you want to still be able to pedal?

If you get a 2000W motor properly geared to that thing, it should do 35-40mph. The tires might melt at that speed. It would probably be more fun to gear for a slower top speed so you can get more acceleration.

Hallo and thanks.

Yes i remove the pedals / chain / rear sprocket section. So i need to find a new sprocket for the rear aksel. What gear ratio do you think i need. Like 1:3 or 1:4 or ?
The weight of the go cart is arround 15kg, and the wheel size 9 1/2 inch. pneumatic.

Back