sabvoton 72200 short circuit

bionicon

1 kW
Hello , i have a problem with my new 72200 sabvoton. Its short circuit afther 5 seconds of working.
Did hall test what was fine, then i tried run position the wheel spin for 5 seconds and it was over :(
What could be the reason or did somebody had the same problem ?
Opened the controller for visual inspection but everything seems ok.

just measured one fase is also shorted? Dont understand what gone wrong,and what can cause this short....bad controller or something else? everything looks brandnew inside no burnsmell at all :?

Which phase is shorted to positive?

And positive is shorted to what?

The more specific exact details you give, the more likely people can give exact advice.

For now, I can only recommend going to the http://ebikes.ca site for the Learn - Troubleshooting section, and see if any of that is helpful.

If youve already done those tests, and the FETs all test bad (shorted), then youll probably have to replace them all.

As to why they failed, could be a bad controller, bad FETS (counterfeit, etc), wrong phase/hall combination causing too high a current and heating in the FETs, making them fail, bad setting somewhere in the programming, problem with motor phase wires/etc causing a FET failure, etc.

bionicon said:
Thx will check it. Negative an positive are in short and also fase U.

I would be surprised if there really is a short between negative and positive. It is normal that your DMM will beep, because there are caps between those supply lines. Mine beeps just for a second or so and than no more.

measure all phases to negative (low side FETs) and all phases to positive (high side FETs) and you will find out which of the 6 banks has one or more faulty FETs.

What motor you were using?

bionicon said:
I was testing on my hacker motor q150.
Thats what i was thinking :)

Have you checked if the controller is compatible with the Q150 in terms of:
1) inductance (should be not too low)
2) if the hall sensor signals are compatible (120° for instance)
3) ERPM limitation

I wonder why you switched to the sabvoton. Was the hacker controller not working good enough?

I did not checked the inductance(dont know how :oops: )just did adjust the loop current to the right diameter of motor.
The halls are fine.... it worked for 5seconds little trottle with no load(there also 120 degree)
About the eprm limitation dont think thats a problem the q150 has a kv of 71 rpm/volt.max 4000 rpm.
The hacker controller works fine but has like many controllers it has a delay by start-up, thats the only reason.
If you go to electric drive one of the benefits is instant torque so its a bit pitty the hacker controller dont give that instant torque.

Those RC motors often have very low inductance which could make it hard for the controller to control the phase currents.
The lower the inductance, the more the winding acts like a short circuit.
You can find such measuring devices on ebay for cheap. Thats mine:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/ZkU6Xi.jpg

About the ERPM limitation this can be definitive a problem!
Q150 has 28magnets or 14pole pairs as far as i could see. So at 4000RPM the controller must swith the field by factor 14 times higher, so 56000ERPM.
I think this exceeds the capability of sabvoton, but you better ask them directly.

It has even 21 polepairs so q150 and sabvoton is no match.....ordered the qs middrive 3000w wil try it with that motor . :D

Hello all,

I think I have a similar problem.
I have a outrunner Motor Mp12090 with 14 polepairs an KV80.
The Controller is a sabvoton scc 48150.
The Motor works only up to 30A and up to 2000rpm. Over this values the fault over current comes. I want to Control the motor up to 100A and 4000rpm.
Can I set the inductance in the sabvoton? Which value so i need?
The Motor ist used in a little tractor.
Thank you very much.

Back