DENZEL electric dirt bike on Indiegogo. Just launched

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
classified
1 mW
1 mW

DENZEL electric dirt bike on Indiegogo. Just launched

Post by classified » Dec 03, 2017 5:37 am

G'day folks,
Finally!DENZEL new project that many eagerly craved for, just launched on Indiegogo :
We proudly introduce DENZEL RUSH - World's most versatile, durable and affordable electric motorcycles ever offered on the market. RUSH is designed as the first bike of its kind for off-road, motocross and trail riders. Equipped with a mind-blowing array of features, it comes complete with cruise control, on-board fast charger, built-in Bluetooth speakers , safety lights and fully adjustable suspension. RUSH is a serious performer driven by a powerful 7.5Kw mid-drive motor,reaches its top speed 100kph/62mph and keeps top range up to 150km/92mi on a single charge.

Our campaign has begun. We made some very affordable perks for RUSH, especially our LIMITED EARLY BIRD offer- for as little as $1800 you will get complete electric dirt motorbike but without battery. Battery can be locally sourced almost in every country, hence local warranty for battery. We will supply RUSH without battery to reduce the final price for enthusiasts who love to modify their bikes. Besides, there are some attractive perks for RUSH full of options equipped with batteries from standard 72V 30Ah to huge high density 72V 52Ah!!!!

Here is the link of our crowdfunding campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... x/17536794#/

For supporting us please subscribe and spread the word.

If you are interested in RUSH please support our campaign to help us bring it to mass production and delivered by April 2018

DENZEL is well-known name amongst enthusiasts, creating and developing electric bikes and parts since 2013. Our mission is to bring to the world eco-friendly truly affordable all rounder electric bike with impressive specs. We spent weeks and months in our workshop created a number of prototypes and tested them heavily. Eventually we managed to build the world's most affordable, all purpose electric motorbike which performs equally good for daily commuting or countryside off-road players.

Thank you for attention and all your suggestions during campaign will be much appreciated! :)
Cheers,
from Downunder
Igor Tarkh
CEO at Classified Pty Ltd
Last edited by classified on Dec 07, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Re: Finally!World's coolest and most affordable electric dirt bike.On Indiegogo in a few days!

Post by classified » Dec 03, 2017 3:49 pm

RUSH-07.jpg
RUSH-07.jpg (50.67 KiB) Viewed 597 times

DanGT86
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Finally!World's coolest and most affordable electric dirt bike.On Indiegogo in a few days!

Post by DanGT86 » Dec 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Looks like a fun bike to have but possibly a bit on the small side for mass appeal. $1800 without battery is pretty nice but I have a feeling many around here will say its too expensive and that they want pedals.

Best of luck though. Its always nice to have more options on the market.
Last edited by DanGT86 on Dec 03, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Dec 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Interesting bike Igor. Your profile say you're in Sydney, do you have a demo/prototype bike here I could take a look at ?
I'd be happy to do a video review, which would help with promotion.

What will really set this bike apart from other offerings currently available is your plans to have to road registerable.
Is that definitely going to happen or is it just on your wish list ? Is your goal figure to include these certification fees ?
This is something I've looked at myself multiple times over the years but it never eventuated because it's expensive and would require a campaign like you're doing, which I could never find time for! So good work :)
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Dec 03, 2017 9:57 pm

his campaign timeline said yes about homologation...
the "stretch goals" are also funny....1 million funding "this" bike?

Ok, so i will throw the first stone Igor. This is honest critism, not a piss of contest.

- Out of nowhere..."A Rush"....
- enthusiasts....no company...(warranty? VAT?)
- no details on all used parts....sounds like alibaba bikes. fully adjustable suspension, hi power advanced power pack battery, no matter if you ever
rode a bike, you are a pro in seconds...
- no infos about shipping costs...
- Battery description 72v30ah (it means amphours...you can tell me picky but if you want to reach ppl with a very small
knowledge this looks and reads also like alibaba crap.

if you buy complete batterys from china maybe its right and the Battery is only capable for real 30 amps.
But you are talking about tesla batterys. Maybe you want to say 18650 "format"?

If you are using really "Hipower" cells tell the crowd what you will use.
72v30Ah means on your 7,5KW/10KW Peak you need something like Samsungs,LG or Sony 15A cells.
(And in 10p configuration they are working near their limits allready)

mhhh....to be honest, a poor "presentation" for other EV-enthusiasts.
With "this" maybe you can catch newbies.

Worldwide Certification
Certification is a very complex and expensive process. With your support we will start global certification for the RUSH bike to get it street legal in EU, USA, Australia. The RUSH however can be used on off-road trails, indoor and outdoor for fun ride, etc

i will immediately eat my shorts when you pass the EU laws.

at least, it will have a mirror, horn and speakers =)

i think several weeks ago lmx started also on indiego....
wait......
yep, here:

https://igg.me/at/LMX161-H/x

- lmx was allready well known
- lots of videos, lots of pics, lots of users
- everything in detail
- Street legal (!)

... they raised "only" 125.000AUD

so it looks like your future customers have to enable Cruise Control (free if 250.000AUD funding reached) by themselfs in your Kelly Controller.

The best you could do now for your campaign is:
rework it + take the OFFER from Jay (Hyena) to make a review Video.

Aebrennan
10 W
10 W

Post by Aebrennan » Dec 04, 2017 6:40 am

A side by side test, against the also new and cheap Sur-ron can be arranged in the next 2 weeks in Sydney.
I would be interested in assisting with this.

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I've read through all your comments, there are good questions, suggestions, corrections and even the criticism is essential :) . Thanks for that as we are going to rework our page and add more information. Also I will answer all the questions asked tomorrow when I get back from a business trip.
Cheers

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm

DanGT86 wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 4:29 pm
Looks like a fun bike to have but possibly a bit on the small side for mass appeal. $1800 without battery is pretty nice but I have a feeling many around here will say its too expensive and that they want pedals.

Best of luck though. Its always nice to have more options on the market.
thanks for the words of support :)

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Hyena wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 6:47 pm
Interesting bike Igor. Your profile say you're in Sydney, do you have a demo/prototype bike here I could take a look at ?
I'd be happy to do a video review, which would help with promotion.

What will really set this bike apart from other offerings currently available is your plans to have to road registerable.
Is that definitely going to happen or is it just on your wish list ? Is your goal figure to include these certification fees ?
This is something I've looked at myself multiple times over the years but it never eventuated because it's expensive and would require a campaign like you're doing, which I could never find time for! So good work :)
Hi Hyena,
thanks for your offer.....sure it would be very cool :) but there are some difficulties.
Since 2013 our factory and all the production models located in Weihai, China. Currently we are testing the Rush there. If by chance you are going to China we will be happy to see you. And we promise the first Rush goes to Australia will be definitely tested by you!
Rush was designed as off-road dirt bike, it`s pretty fast and powerful that's why registration will be a nightmare, and we understand that. Many said it is way too expensive...and it`s true, we can`t say if we raise enough money for certification. We even started to think of removing this option out of the campaign, sorry mate. We don`t want to fail our backers expectations who will rely on promised certification and couldn`t get it.
So we will be promoting the RUSH as a dirt fun bike.
With RUSH we're testing the dirt bikes market, it`s always important to evaluate our attractiveness to the backers as well as the reason of this attractiveness before entering a mass production. We really want an open communication and honest feedback.
We just want letting people know that alternative exist and why not Rush :)

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Merlin wrote:
Dec 03, 2017 9:57 pm
his campaign timeline said yes about homologation...
the "stretch goals" are also funny....1 million funding "this" bike?

Ok, so i will throw the first stone Igor. This is honest critism, not a piss of contest.

- Out of nowhere..."A Rush"....
- enthusiasts....no company...(warranty? VAT?)
- no details on all used parts....sounds like alibaba bikes. fully adjustable suspension, hi power advanced power pack battery, no matter if you ever
rode a bike, you are a pro in seconds...
- no infos about shipping costs...
- Battery description 72v30ah (it means amphours...you can tell me picky but if you want to reach ppl with a very small
knowledge this looks and reads also like alibaba crap.

if you buy complete batterys from china maybe its right and the Battery is only capable for real 30 amps.
But you are talking about tesla batterys. Maybe you want to say 18650 "format"?

72v30Ah means on your 7,5KW/10KW Peak you need something like Samsungs,LG or Sony 15A cells.
(And in 10p configuration they are working near their limits allready)

With "this" maybe you can catch newbies.

Worldwide Certification
Certification is a very complex and expensive process. With your support we will start global certification for the RUSH bike to get it street legal in EU, USA, Australia. The RUSH however can be used on off-road trails, indoor and outdoor for fun ride, etc

i will immediately eat my shorts when you pass the EU laws.

at least, it will have a mirror, horn and speakers =)

i think several weeks ago lmx started also on indiego....
wait......
yep, here:

https://igg.me/at/LMX161-H/x

- lmx was allready well known
- lots of videos, lots of pics, lots of users
- everything in detail
- Street legal (!)

... they raised "only" 125.000AUD

so it looks like your future customers have to enable Cruise Control (free if 250.000AUD funding reached) by themselfs in your Kelly Controller.

The best you could do now for your campaign is:
rework it + take the OFFER from Jay (Hyena) to make a review Video.
- Out of nowhere..."A Rush"...We build bikes over 3 years, our fb page has nearly 10000 followers https://www.facebook.com/denzelbike/
We've sold 112 bikes this year...
Rush is a new project for us, as our main business-carbon fiber electric bicycles.
- enthusiasts....no company...(warranty? VAT?) Classified Pty Ltd, 1 year warranty on battery, motor and frame . VAT is on backers
rode a bike, you are a pro in seconds...Sorry our bad,will remove it soon :)
- no infos about shipping costs...: from the FAQ Q:How much does shipping cost?
A: Shipping is set to $250 to $580 USD (depending on your destination) due to the fact that we ship worldwide directly from our assembly facility in China. It is also one of the reasons RUSH price is so low, as there are no intermediary between you and the factory. Another thing is China has well developed transportation system.

knowledge this looks and reads also like alibaba crap. We will fix A to Ah,thanks for pointing. :wink:

But you are talking about tesla batterys. Maybe you want to say 18650 "format"? yes, 18650 cells

(And in 10p configuration they are working near their limits allready) 72V 52Ah (working voltage 60v-84v) Made with LG 3500mAh cells.20Series 15Parallels.BMS 80A continuos/140A peak current

With "this" maybe you can catch newbies. "this" could be a good start for them.Lucky newbies then :)

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Aebrennan wrote:
Dec 04, 2017 6:40 am
A side by side test, against the also new and cheap Sur-ron can be arranged in the next 2 weeks in Sydney.
I would be interested in assisting with this.
G'day mate,
It would be great, but all our prototypes at our factory in Weihai, China

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Dec 05, 2017 10:53 pm

First of all, best of luck on the campaign. I hope you do well.

When I first viewed the indigogo page I was certain this was a hoax, because I noticed I've seen various parts on other sites. I recognized first the motor. Then there was a pick of a car/atv and knew I've seen before but i couldn't remember where. When I read this thread I understood it was from Denzelbike and it all made sense.

Merlin caught the bulk of it, but I would like to point out a few things I noticed as well. I am trying to be of assistance not talking you down. I hope you understand this.

Denzel already made a name for itself in e-bike world at least the last year. Maybe you should get that point highlighted? Tell everyone that this the Denzel bikes behind the new RUSH. Nobody knows RUSH but some know Denzel. And Denzel googles easily. It will make it easier for people to know who is behind the RUSH dirt bike.

For the hardware I think you could be much more specific. Let people know what brand shock, fork brakes and batteries are on this dirt bike. Tell em about the Denzel 7.5 kw motor. Be specific about important details like cell manufacturer, and model name of cells. That will show customer they can trust you. No name strategy can make it look like you got something to hide. The electric DIY crowd and early adapters are often well traversed in the BEV market. They know good cells from bad, they already know your motor etc. Use that to your advantage and let people know you are using quality parts.

Look at your campaign goal one more time. Set realistic goals and goals that will not be called out on various website. If you won't unlock a controller feature that already exist in a controller before certain monetary goals are reached people might think you are acting shady.

Put a little more effort into the campaign page, just honing and polishing things will go a long way. Best of luck.

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 06, 2017 2:51 am

Macribs,Thanks for the suggestions, will fix it soon :)
BTW it's good to know that our DENZEL name has reputation here on ES

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm

classified wrote:
Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm
Currently we are testing the Rush there. If by chance you are going to China we will be happy to see you. And we promise the first Rush goes to Australia will be definitely tested by you!
Sadly I won't be in China any time soon! But when you can land one in Sydney I'd be happy to do a full review. I'm sure I can get Bruno involved too, which should give you lots of coverage. Also as aebrennan said we also have the surron bikes landed this week so can compare against them too. On paper it sounds like the rush will be much faster.
Are you actually based in Australia ? Or is that just for marketing purposes ?
I know these are made and shipped out from China but if the campaign is listed as being Australian there will be some expectation there'd be some sort of local representation, and obviously it'd make sense and be cheaper to have a container shipped from China with multiple bikes that are then locally delivered rather than individually sea shipping to each buyer.
We can`t say if we raise enough money for certification. We even started to think of removing this option out of the campaign, sorry mate. We don`t want to fail our backers expectations who will rely on promised certification and couldn`t get it.
Fair enough. You might like to add it as an official stretch goal, or even reconsider the campaign. If you could guarantee registration that will completely change your demographic and will dramatically increase your numbers. If you're pitching them purely as offroad bikes I think you'll struggle a little to get sales. What you're offering is basically an electric big wheel pit bike, which are readily available for $1000 AUD or less.
Yes, electric bikes are cool but trying to sell these to the general public will be hard. As it is anyone with a half decent ebike is used to hearing "why don't you just buy a motorbike/dirt bike" And if these can't be ridden on the road, dont have pedals and are basically dirt bikes for private property, they're probably right (I have a 160cc pit bike for exactly these purposes because it wasn't worth paying alot extra to convert it to electric to ride in these conditions)

BUT, if you go down the registration route, you'll get alot more interest. Personally I wouldn't buy another electric dirt bike, but I definitely would buy it if I could legitimately ride it on the road. I'd look at fitting more "normal" road wheels though - 17" or atleast 16" it looks slightly wacky with the small wheel and fat tyres. Also design wise I'd recommend enclosing the top of the battery box so there's no big air gap above the battery. On an ebike hollow space can add to the subtlety but on a moto it looks better not to have the battery box stop just short of the bottom of the fairing, IMO.

Also thanks for clarifying that you ARE Denzel, not reselling these bikes under a different name.
So Denzel is the brand and Rush is the model ?
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

classified
1 mW
1 mW

Post by classified » Dec 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Hyena wrote:
Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm
classified wrote:
Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm
Currently we are testing the Rush there. If by chance you are going to China we will be happy to see you. And we promise the first Rush goes to Australia will be definitely tested by you!
Sadly I won't be in China any time soon! But when you can land one in Sydney I'd be happy to do a full review. I'm sure I can get Bruno involved too, which should give you lots of coverage. Also as aebrennan said we also have the surron bikes landed this week so can compare against them too. On paper it sounds like the rush will be much faster.
Are you actually based in Australia ? Or is that just for marketing purposes ?
I know these are made and shipped out from China but if the campaign is listed as being Australian there will be some expectation there'd be some sort of local representation, and obviously it'd make sense and be cheaper to have a container shipped from China with multiple bikes that are then locally delivered rather than individually sea shipping to each buyer.
We can`t say if we raise enough money for certification. We even started to think of removing this option out of the campaign, sorry mate. We don`t want to fail our backers expectations who will rely on promised certification and couldn`t get it.
Fair enough. You might like to add it as an official stretch goal, or even reconsider the campaign. If you could guarantee registration that will completely change your demographic and will dramatically increase your numbers. If you're pitching them purely as offroad bikes I think you'll struggle a little to get sales. What you're offering is basically an electric big wheel pit bike, which are readily available for $1000 AUD or less.
Yes, electric bikes are cool but trying to sell these to the general public will be hard. As it is anyone with a half decent ebike is used to hearing "why don't you just buy a motorbike/dirt bike" And if these can't be ridden on the road, dont have pedals and are basically dirt bikes for private property, they're probably right (I have a 160cc pit bike for exactly these purposes because it wasn't worth paying alot extra to convert it to electric to ride in these conditions)

BUT, if you go down the registration route, you'll get alot more interest. Personally I wouldn't buy another electric dirt bike, but I definitely would buy it if I could legitimately ride it on the road. I'd look at fitting more "normal" road wheels though - 17" or atleast 16" it looks slightly wacky with the small wheel and fat tyres. Also design wise I'd recommend enclosing the top of the battery box so there's no big air gap above the battery. On an ebike hollow space can add to the subtlety but on a moto it looks better not to have the battery box stop just short of the bottom of the fairing, IMO.

Also thanks for clarifying that you ARE Denzel, not reselling these bikes under a different name.
So Denzel is the brand and Rush is the model ?
Sadly I won't be in China any time soon! But when you can land one in Sydney I'd be happy to do a full review. I'm sure I can get Bruno involved too, which should give you lots of coverage. Also as aebrennan said we also have the surron bikes landed this week so can compare against them too. On paper it sounds like the rush will be much faster. Mate, we want to ship one DENZEL RUSH to Australia as soon as possible, and you guys will be the first in line who will get RUSH for testing.I will keep you updated.
Are you actually based in Australia ? Or is that just for marketing purposes ? Classified Pty Ltd is australian owned company. We have established our assembly facility in China along with my russian business partner Alex. We owe trade brand DENZEL and just recently started another trade brand TRIDENT for luxury carbon electric bikes. We've moved our resources to China due to easy and faster access to the parts suppliers and better logistics. Currently all our team are in China where we're finishing tests and design tweaks.
I know these are made and shipped out from China but if the campaign is listed as being Australian there will be some expectation there'd be some sort of local representation, and obviously it'd make sense and be cheaper to have a container shipped from China with multiple bikes that are then locally delivered rather than individually sea shipping to each buyer. For Australia we will charge $250 for shipping, which is relatively affordable if consider the packaging weight over 70kg!
BUT, if you go down the registration route, you'll get alot more interest. Personally I wouldn't buy another electric dirt bike, but I definitely would buy it if I could legitimately ride it on the road. We decided to go with registration if we unlock our stretch goal of 250K then RUSH will go through a certification nightmare and will be street legal. Will bring it firstly to Australia and US. It's very unlikely that we can pass EU certification , as Merlin was right, in Europe we will stuck with RUSH certification. So for EU we can't guarantee RUSH's homologation
I'd look at fitting more "normal" road wheels though - 17" or atleast 16" it looks slightly wacky with the small wheel and fat tyres. Also design wise I'd recommend enclosing the top of the battery box so there's no big air gap above the battery. On an ebike hollow space can add to the subtlety but on a moto it looks better not to have the battery box stop just short of the bottom of the fairing, IMO. Thanks for the suggestions, we will work out on this.
Guys if you can spread the word, it will defenetely help us
:)