ebike frame

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Re: E-bike frame! MUST BE SEEN! FULL FRAME UPDATE 8

Postby Willow » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:02 am

thanx dude.
Willow
10 kW
10 kW

Re: E-bike frame! MUST BE SEEN! Latest UPDATE

Postby maxwell65 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

carv'n marv'n wrote:
maxwell65 wrote:
I want this frame to go into production so i need to see weather or not there is a true need or interest in this,,,so this is what im prepared to do, i will manufacture this frame in 2 weeks even if i have no takers that are willing to take the chance at prepaying the 350.00$,,,,so that means i will make the complete investment,,but before i do this i need to see if there is a market for this frame so here is the chicken clause,,,

...where is it??

fair question,considering the time that has passed,,as the other guy mentioned look to page one,,,but to answer more or less directly...we have gone through major design changes and it looks like we have a winner now,,,so as things stand i am waiting to receive the final drawings to submit for a quote,,,so this will take another 15days or so,,,,then i will post all new info and place finalized dates for payments as all other dates have gone out the window because of all the changes,,,but rest assured this frame will come to life sooner than later.

of course there are a few people who have left full payments and their patience has been great,to them i thank you! :mrgreen: of course if for any reason anyone has to drop out u will be refunded in full promptly,and u will be informed as to the final specs of the bike and at that time should something not be to your liking u will be refunded as well.
maxwell65
100 W
100 W

Postby darkshirikens » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:03 pm

i Thought i would bump this thread up since i'm interested to see how it was developing . SO whats going on Max ?
Schwinn Sidewinder Crystalyte 7240 controller, X5305 motor, Headway 72v 12ah 50/100 bms done !!!
Next project on way: Crystalyte Ht rear 3525
darkshirikens
100 W
100 W

Postby gensem » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Max, would you mind to upload pictures again? they are all gone.
A decent 25mph bike will cost around $1000.
A decent 35mph bike will cost around $2000.
A $1000 35mph bike will get you killed.
Justin we really appreciate what you did!
gensem
1 MW
1 MW

Postby maxwell65 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 pm

gensem wrote:Max, would you mind to upload pictures again? they are all gone.

pics uploaded,and new details posted on first page,,,this frame will go to production 100%,,,so be prepared to have a great bike for beginning of 2012!

NO MORE HAVING TO HAVE BATTERIES HANGING FROM THE SIDE OFF A CHEAP BIKE RACK!

HALLLALUUUUYAAA,PRAISE THE LORD! :mrgreen:
maxwell65
100 W
100 W

Postby o00scorpion00o » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 am

Hi Max,

Have you reconsiderd the suspension? I would really need suspension, however I would imagine it would have to be tough for this bike, and have a lot of travel similar to a downhill suspension. The cheap springs on cheaper bikes are useless, they only cause you to bounce up and down with no control.

I would also like to suggest making a frame that takes 20" wheels, making it lower would really help with aerodynamics and stability at higher speeds.

Norml mountain bikes are just too high for electric above 20 mph! well that's my views anyway. :D

Looking forward to seeing the frame in the flesh though!

Mark
Haibike EQ Trekking, powered by Bosch.
o00scorpion00o
1 MW
1 MW

Postby TylerDurden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:50 am

Gonna be classed as a moped in most areas. "Looks like a duck... etc."

You might as well put dual shocks on the rear, it's never gonna look like a bicycle with those sidecovers.
Have a Nice Day,

TD

FYI: Adding pictures?

Bored?... take a crack at the unanswered posts

Please post your Watts-at-speed in the survey.

TylerDurden
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Ypedal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

imo ditch the rear shocks !!.. keep it as it looks now ! :o
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com
Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Postby grindz145 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:35 am

I dig the side-covers. If I were concerned with legality, I would not be riding an ebike:)

Proof is in the pudding though man, I still want to see one.
grindz145
1 GW
1 GW

Postby o00scorpion00o » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 am

Ypedal wrote:imo ditch the rear shocks !!.. keep it as it looks now ! :o

Seriously the roads here are so bad suspension is a must!

They must be good where you are Ypedal ? :(

Mark
o00scorpion00o
1 MW
1 MW

Postby Ypedal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 am

the original Mono-shock = good

the dorky 60's looking dual side shocks = no.. i'd rather deal with rough roads than look like a disco reject. :lol:
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com
Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Postby grindz145 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:21 am

Ypedal wrote:the original Mono-shock = good

the dorky 60's looking dual side shocks = no.. i'd rather deal with rough roads than look like a disco reject. :lol:

agreed dual shocks are outdated.
grindz145
1 GW
1 GW

Postby maxwell65 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:38 pm

i have been riding my bike with 28lbs of batts on either-side of my rack,since 2006 on 28" wheels and im only 5'6 and a half inches(must include the 1/2 inch!) and to top it off on skinny little racing tires inflated to 90lbs PSI,NO REAR SHOCKS! ive hit some holes on the road and some bumps with no problems,,,,this new frame will accommodate 23" rims with huge fat ass tires inflated to well below 60lbs PSI,,,this bike will be designed to safely max out at 50kmph not 75 or 100kmph,(u want that go buy a ZERO motorbike at 9000$ plus),,,

the goal here is to:
TO TAKE NICE LONG RIDES AND ARRIVE TO WORK WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A SHOWER,
to have a very cheap form of transport without breaking the bank,
to attach a rear trailer and do the groceries without having to spend 5$ in gas,,,

with all the drawbacks my 28" tires and overall very high frame is right now, i effortlessly zip around at 45 to 48kmph with my new HS on 48v20ah,NO REAR SHOCKS,,,so this new frame will do very easily 60kmph im sure,,,but be safe and keep it down to 50 i say.

u want more performance ,,,BUY A ZERO!OR BUY A MOTORBIKE! DONT GO AROUND RIDING ON A REGULAR BIKE at 80kmph,,it is simply not the right thing to do.
maxwell65
100 W
100 W

Postby o00scorpion00o » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:50 pm

maxwell65 wrote:this bike will be designed to safely max out at 50kmph not 75 or 100kmph,(u want that go buy a ZERO motorbike at 9000$ plus),,,

u want more performance ,,,BUY A ZERO!OR BUY A MOTORBIKE! DONT GO AROUND RIDING ON A REGULAR BIKE at 80kmph,,it is simply not the right thing to do.

Well that's telling ME now isn't it! Image

o00scorpion00o
1 MW
1 MW

Postby p scott » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Max: Can you give a price estimate for an average build? Have you secured a supply of components?

P_Scott
p scott
100 µW
100 µW

Postby slayer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:56 pm

maxwell65 wrote:i have been riding my bike with 28lbs of batts on either-side of my rack,since 2006 on 28" wheels and im only 5'6 and a half inches(must include the 1/2 inch!) and to top it off on skinny little racing tires inflated to 90lbs PSI,NO REAR SHOCKS! ive hit some holes on the road and some bumps with no problems.

Max i m shocked the way you speak you sound like 6'5 250 lbs black bodybuilder :D

mouhahaha it s a joke ...you can put me on the email list please
slayer
1 kW
1 kW

Postby chroot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:38 am

Are you serious? I have Tidalforce frame with 26" hookworm tires and I weight 180lbs. It almost threw me off the ebike when i hit pothole at 42mph (mostly commuter to work + home). I rather have full suspension like Stealth Bomber looks super sweet setup.

Please create full suspension bike design similar stealth bomber, I guaranteed you that everyone in ES would buy it no time. :lol:

maxwell65 wrote:i have been riding my bike with 28lbs of batts on either-side of my rack,since 2006 on 28" wheels and im only 5'6 and a half inches(must include the 1/2 inch!) and to top it off on skinny little racing tires inflated to 90lbs PSI,NO REAR SHOCKS! ive hit some holes on the road and some bumps with no problems.
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.
chroot
1 MW
1 MW

Postby Microbatman » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:18 am

Agree about having a full suspension frame similar to the stealth bomber.

I would like to see one that is 20 inch wheel compatable. Without being as heavy as a tank.
MotorCrystalyte X5304 20 Inch Rear Wheel DISC Brake Controller Crystalyte 48A72V4110MOSFETS
Batteries A123 24s2p
Charger Mastech 5020
Frame Azonic Steelhead
Grateful/fortunate/blessed to have the resources and family support to enjoy my ebike hobby
Microbatman
1 kW
1 kW

Postby maxwell65 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:25 am

ok i have to say i always avoided any real potholes,,,but have been on some bumpy roads, that being said why not just buy the stealth bomber if its such a great bike?

the ebike we are producing is for paved roads,not off road.the big ass tires should absorb regular bumps in the road,as for potholes,with or without the shocks there will still be damage im sure,i have been caught on a few big potholes with my car and sure the shocks lessen the blow but there will be some damage alignment wise IMHO.
maxwell65
100 W
100 W

Postby maxwell65 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:00 am

p scott wrote:Max: Can you give a price estimate for an average build? Have you secured a supply of components?

P_Scott

hard to say for sure but here is a rough estimate,,,

frame 400$
front fork 100$ to infinity
motor 300$
controller 160$
pedals with crank arms,gears etc,,,50$ (just a guess)
chain 20$ (just a guess)
rear 7 speed cassette 20$
rims 50$ for pair,moped type
tires 75$ for good quality moped type(just a guess)
disk brakes 80$ complete kit
speed shifter kit apx 70$
charger 100$ apx
BMS 100$ apx

total $1525.00 ,,,add batteries to this price
batteries 48v30ah 736$,,,, or 60v30ah 920$
plus shipping to your home apx 200$ to canada/USA (just a guess) i will speak to a rep from fedex to try and secure good pricing

also i will have full turnkey kits available for sure,so yes all supply of components will be secured 100%
maxwell65
100 W
100 W

Postby o00scorpion00o » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:09 am

That's not a bad price at all Max, a good decent mountain bike will cost around that and more, and you still have the pain in the ass of mounting all the batteries.

The batteries are reasonably priced too, what LiFeP04 batteries will you be using ?

Will there be a place to mount the controller ?

Mark
o00scorpion00o
1 MW
1 MW

Postby etard » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 am

WOW!! :shock: What a great improvement you have made to this bike Maxwell, very wise of you to take the advice of the guys here, you have made 100% better bike frame, if I had the cash I would definately snap one up. Are you including the cover, or at least supplying that at extra cost? Two thumbs up bro! :D
Four wheels moves the body, Two wheels moves the soul
Thanks to Justin @ http://www.ebike.ca He brings the soul to ES
etard
10 MW
10 MW

Postby Kin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I really like the improvements to the bike. It's moved to a much more sleek "Skinny bike" style. If I had the money, I would be potentially be interested in this (I've considered using that style of motorcycle bike for an ebike but that is still too expensive for me, and not quite as svelte as this. This looks like a great halfway between the bike and the skinny style of 2 stroke motorcycle.). But it'll be a while before I'm in the place to be considering something like this.
New to endless-sphere? Notice a lot of signatures recommending Ebike.ca? That's because it's the best place for a quality and manageable, (but still 'real'), first build. Justin is a solid supporter of electric bike development, and a good source of equipment.

My hat off a thousand times to the green people that effectively run this forum. The ES Mods are superb.
Kin
100 kW
100 kW

Postby chroot » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:22 pm

I understand, I think you don't get it and I commuter 2.45AM in the morning. How can you expect when riding in 42mph on the paved street sudden there is a pothole incoming. It's kinda hard avoidable in high speed. Again, I work at UPS preload shift meaning 3AM to 8AM. I wish invite you come down here in California and see yourself how bad roads are. :lol:

I would love buy a Stealth bomber however their price tag probhit and I am not rich guy.

Thanks anyways! :)

maxwell65 wrote:ok i have to say i always avoided any real potholes,,,but have been on some bumpy roads, that being said why not just buy the stealth bomber if its such a great bike?

the ebike we are producing is for paved roads,not off road.the big ass tires should absorb regular bumps in the road,as for potholes,with or without the shocks there will still be damage im sure,i have been caught on a few big potholes with my car and sure the shocks lessen the blow but there will be some damage alignment wise IMHO.
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.
chroot
1 MW
1 MW

Postby shinyballs » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 pm

How is the battery pack "inserted" in the center frame? As it looks like its fully enclosed all around.
Are those horizontal braces removable on one side using screws?
Nice side covers, the old-fashioned thinking of making an ebike to still look like a bicycle is passé, with this design, people will start realizing that ebikes are not just bicycles.
Full suspension is a must and if you use chromoly steel instead of aluminimun - will surely make your frame a top seller.
Sale section etiquette, pls be courteous to other members, if you know of a better deal or do not agree with the sale price, do not shove links to similar products being sold by someone else in another member's post.. it's just not nice. If you suspect a scam pls FLAG the thread for moderation and it will be checked out... i know this is a tough one to call but put yourself in the seller's shoes and imagine how you would like it.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=25446
shinyballs
1 kW
1 kW

PreviousNext

Return to Items for Sale - New