Custom Lipo Series Parallel Harnesses & More!

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

Re: Custom Lipo Series Parallel Harnesses & More!

Postby nonlineartom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 am

Good to see you are back in business Chris, keep up the good work
Commuter bike: 10T MAC Schwinn Panther Beach Cruiser on 12S LiPo, super stealth hill eater
Forest trail eater: Crystalyte 5306 KMX Viper with 24" wheel. 100A controller 18S LiPo
Pocket rocket: 8T MAC e-BMX 18s LiPo. Missile for testing to destruction
Summer ride: 8T MAC Kona Joe MTB / chopper / beach cruiser hybrid bike. 24" wheels and a lot lot of style.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Respect and fear the ancient god LiPo and pray he is merciful.
nonlineartom
1 kW
1 kW

Postby icecube57 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Last edited by icecube57 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icecube57
1 GW
1 GW

Postby kudos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Looks great ice, can't wait to get my hands on it!

cheers,
Kudos
Build 1A Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 49V : 31mph
Build 1B Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Mac 10T 30A 49V : 27mph
Build 1C Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 82V :
Build 2 Mountain Cycle Fury FS : Mac 8T 40A 57V : in progress
Build 3 GT LTS FS : Mac 8T 40A 49V
kudos
10 kW
10 kW

Postby icecube57 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Last edited by icecube57 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icecube57
1 GW
1 GW

Postby icecube57 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Last edited by icecube57 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icecube57
1 GW
1 GW

Postby Trackman417 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

PERFECTION!
You are the best!
When I need some more harnesses hook me up! :D
K2 Sidewinder
H4065 36 mph
20s2p 10aH lipo battery pack
If it didn't kill you, it just built your character.
You know your bike is powerful when even you, the builder, can't control it.
Customer 00001 at our very own Bigmooses online store http://mtg-technologies.com/zencart/ Great guy, great products.
Trackman417
10 kW
10 kW

Postby icecube57 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Last edited by icecube57 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icecube57
1 GW
1 GW

Postby floppy2floppy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:37 pm

I just received my harness from Icecube. This is my second harness from him and all I can say is perfection. He makes the apple product of harnesses, they are clean and simple to use. I have the know how to put a harness together but not as clean and of high quality like he does. He also makes the harness for super cheap, I think if I did it myself I would spend more on just materials because of waste. He can offer low prices because he orders in bulk and pass the saving onto the consumer. Thanks again Icecube
floppy2floppy
10 mW
10 mW

Postby Hobbit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Icecube, are you still doing custom harnesses? I noticed a bunch of blank posts where your comments/photos previously were. Hope everything's ok, buddy.
"The Precious"
Rans Fusion, Crystalyte H4080, Crystalyte 75V 50A stock controller,
66.6V 18s3p 24Ah zippy lipo.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37934

Love.
Hobbit
100 W
100 W

Postby RallySTX » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I just checked page one, and it looks like all his postings have been wiped. I was wondering what was keeping him so busy, now it looks like his account has been hacked, or he's no longer in business. Hopefully he's just working too much somewhere else. Best of luck and thanks again from me.
Brian L.
Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
Janesville WI.
2005 Schwinn Stingray Spoiler
2004 Schwinn Stingray OCC. The Stripper.
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22134&p=322312
Web. http://www.wix.com/brian_larson/rallystx128hhj

RallySTX
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Alan B » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Anyone know the rest of the story? Hope things are well with him.
-- Alan W6AKB eESP, GreyBorg, eBikeE BMC, myEbikes, ezPCBs and Thanks to ebikes.ca for rescuing this forum!
Alan B
10 GW
10 GW

Postby wojtek » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Nearly all his posts are wiped off from the whole thread..

good wishes!
WIRES AND CONNECTORS
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... 31&t=30176
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=32244
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=32152
KMX Cobra with Xlyte 5403
Go-One Evo with Cromotor
BATMOBILE - Astro 3220 / Nuvinci in progress
Velokraft e-VK3 SOLD
Steintrike Mungo Sport HS3540-SOLD
Scorpion FS HS3540-SOLD
Kona Dawg BMC v2-SOLD
wojtek
100 kW
100 kW

Postby Alan B » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Sad to see.
-- Alan W6AKB eESP, GreyBorg, eBikeE BMC, myEbikes, ezPCBs and Thanks to ebikes.ca for rescuing this forum!
Alan B
10 GW
10 GW

Postby moonshine » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Thought i'd verify ice is still making badass harnesses. I went on his website (i forgot the link...it's somewhere in this thread) and gave him a call (his number is on there). He was ready to roll. Just tell him what you want and he'll order the stuff and charge accordingly. He made a 30s2p harness for me so that i would have a wicked simple plug and charge setup. He also used 75 amp andersons on every every connector...SO BADASS. I'll have to post pics later, although, I'm sure ice will have plenty of pics too. Hope this helps.
Torque Raptor, Cromo V3 in 19" prowheel, Kelly KBL96251, 24s4p FOR SALE NOW!!! viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56342
moonshine
100 W
100 W

Postby RallySTX » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Sure does Moonshine, thanks!
Brian L.
Janesville WI.
Build thread

RallySTX
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Hobbit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 pm

moonshine wrote:Thought i'd verify ice is still making badass harnesses. I went on his website (i forgot the link...it's somewhere in this thread) and gave him a call (his number is on there). He was ready to roll. Just tell him what you want and he'll order the stuff and charge accordingly. He made a 30s2p harness for me so that i would have a wicked simple plug and charge setup. He also used 75 amp andersons on every every connector...SO BADASS. I'll have to post pics later, although, I'm sure ice will have plenty of pics too. Hope this helps.

Ooh, That rocks!
"The Precious"

Love.
Hobbit
100 W
100 W

Postby icecube57 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 am

I haven't been hacked. I went through my thread and clear 98% of it because there are some people that troll through and really waste my time either probing for information to the point where its like I tell them what to do and linked to my videos they do whatever the hell they want to anyway to be cheap. You have cheap people that troll through thinking they are going to score a deal in comparison to a price that they see online somewhere at an online vendor and I give them a quote and they think I'm smoking crack. I really wanted out and to reduce the attention. I still responded to those that came to me correctly. I still make harnesses no matter how big or small.

Last year I was making harnesses near or at cost. Sometimes I undercharged and lost money. I reviewed everything and I adjusted my prices so they are now anywhere from 20-50 higher than they were. THIS IS TO COMPENSATE FOR MATERIAL SHIPPING COST AND MY LABOR TO WHERE I FEEL LIKE I'M GETTING A GOOD DEAL. When I quote someone a harness price its solely A LA CARTE. People suggest I make stock configurations but that goes against what CUSTOM is all about. I also can tie up money on materials on stuff I may or may not sale. I order materials for every harness. Shipping has to be paid for those materials sometimes they come from 2-3 separate vendors. I try to get these items shipped to me cheaply and efficiently as possible. Last year I was absorbing these cost thinking its the right thing to do. A real business has all the parts and tools on hand and makes items on demand. Materials cost a lot of money. When I was giving quotes I was giving people the total run down on how much their harness cost and applying the shipping fees and the labor. People either chumped me off like I was crazy and probably bought some inferior and way pre-made cable from some online vendor with undersized wire and short wires you cant do shit with or they probably tried to copy me and badgered me with questions which were already answered on the thread or youtube videos and it was getting annoying. I even tell these trolls I gave you a complete run down on what it costs to make a harness. I even tell them if you think this price is to high please consider all the other tools needed to complete the job. A sorry RADIO SHACK soldering iron isn't going to cut it. You need flux you need solder you need a pen torch you need Butane the crimp sleeves. The crimper. Good strippers and snips I have a source for 4mm Bullets that can accept 6-8G wire which allows me to use thicker wire to reduce losses. There is heat shrink. Pre-charge resistors. Fuse holders. and most of all there is the labor anywhere between 2-4 hours. I cut all the wires out for your harness and solder all the parallel connections and then I gotta put bullets on all these damn connections. There is the cost of Andersons and the way Powerwerx does their shipping it forces you to split up the damn order to get your shit in a reasonable time frame for 2-3 day priority with a $20-$25 limit per order or I have to sit and way for 5 day UPS Ground. People don't see the big picture or realize all the behind the scenes stuff it takes to complete a harness.

I'm a real cool dude. I provided tutorials to the community when I thought it was something that needed to be shared. There was even a thread I started when I started doing this asking about different ways to crimp harnesses seems to have picked back up not to long ago. I'm willing to give up the info but some just really approach you the wrong way about. I'm not high and mighty and got my head stuck up my ass. Its either you coming to me for a service and realize that its a premium price or use the info provided and try to wing it yourself. There are faults in my process or improvements than need to be made to the design. I totally understand. You can tear someone down and critique them but you cant do it yourself. You're obviously coming at me for a reason. Im not a Chinese vendor that has their whole family in the garage making this stuff for 50 cents an hour. I do have a life I do have real bills and I have needs that need to be met.

Other things may fuel my bitterness. I filed bankruptcy a few months ago. I'm about to lose my car which I'm like 8-10 payments away from paying off... My wife's car is an 05 in good shape so we do have transportation but still its a kick in the balls for my pride and ego. My income is totally in the crapper. I make 1/3 of what my wife makes. Wonder who wears the pants in this house. I cant find a good first job to match her income like when we first met 5 years ago. I cant find a second part time job for the hours that I want and Im willing to take anything at this point. I haven't rode an ebike in 9 months since my ebike accident. I watch my old videos just to get that rush that pisses me off by the end of the video. Even if I rebuilt i gotta inconvenience my wife and borrow her car just to go out and ride to a local trail or far away trail or to do any urban war driving anywhere and due to health conditions Id rather leave the car with her. Georgia isnt flat and it isn't bike or ebike friendly. Long steep roller coaster type hills I would have to build an insane cromotor rig or 5400 which i don't have the money for and the battery pack needed to navigate through all these hills and be a decent form of transportation would have to be a pretty sic one. I prob need about 3-4 grand to make an entry level pimpin road legal ride that would ultimately have a limited 40m range or take my chances with a cheap Chinese 2k 250cc ride that will give me the distance to have my independence to somehow redeem my manhood. We've scaled back on our budget in the house so much. Internet only Netflix and Hulu and streaming media boxes. Box fan in the windows. Budget billing for electricity. Rice based meals to fill you up like Im a feed the hungry child. My wife is trying to quit smoking using Chantix at like 125 a box plus the cost of cigarettes so we can free the cigarette money up for cash for the household Catch 22 huh. Don't know what a date is like. Cant remember the last movie Ive seen legally in the theater. I feel like I'm on a giant soap box in painted face. At least when last year I would hop on the bike take a nice 40-60 mile long ride and it gave me the will to go on for another few days or a week.

There used to be a time when I was happy to do this.Bumping my thread and twirling my sign like I'm a cash for gold salesman.Ive even thought about selling off my kit and supplies to pass the torch on to someone else. You people a great.You came through so awesomely when I broke my arm. Im still very appreciative of that. But this new crowd that's flocking through here is naive and cheap and we all know the group the repetitive posters the people who beat the dead horse and ask already answered questions.The I'm going to twist these wires that look like lamp cord together and put a wing nut on it crowd so I don't have to pay Icecube his retarded but not so retarded prices prices. I will guide people when I see they are making an honest effort but for those of you I told what to do and you still did your own thing that I am sure will fail all I can do is SMDH We were once all newbs and when we finally got out of that stage we became some of the best contributors. I do appreciate the people that know the value of a dollar.. I give a thumbs up to the DIY that have common sense to follow pictures and directions and build an awesome mock of my harness. I love the pics. Im sorry if offended some of you then again you were probably an offender. Middle Fingers to the people that strung me along asking questions and probing for answers that I gladly answered and I thought it was a sure sale so I ordered your parts just so you could go MIA or back out after I gave you a running parts lists and total just to be left with some wire to make a hangmans noose to get some autoerotic asphyxiation time in. You rock.

Even with the new prices people have come through with many blessing and others I blessed and helped them out by tweaking my prices. I'm still not making a lot from this venture. Its more a volume thing which 1-4 harnesses month isnt saying alot What maybe 60-80 bucks profit. I thought about doing more services like motor hall replacement or phase wire upgrades. Or maybe controller power wire upgrades. Im open to doing new things within my skill set. I thought about the meanwells before the old supply dried up and when I actually did try for a customer I ended up making a fool of myself because I got supplies that were DOA and the vendor was being an ass with the refund and like i said before i don't have the money/capital like some of you to buy a lot of 10 or 20 and do the mods and resell. I may consider doing battery pack bundle and put them in mini ammo cans that can mount to the top tube in a triangle or front forks or something. Everything i think of requires so much up front. I may sub contract under bike shops and try to get repair work or consult on the side for extra income. Id rather do something i like than be a mindless drone worker bee for corporate America.
icecube57
1 GW
1 GW

Postby Hobbit » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 am

Oh Icecube! You've made about 12 points in your awesome post there but I'd like to say just two things. 1) SO glad you're still here, I got real scared that you had gone away permanently and that would be a massive loss for this community. 2) SO glad that you've switched from "doing it for free" to making a little something out of it. If you're providing some of the best harness's available then damn straight you should be getting money for them.
"The Precious"

Love.
Hobbit
100 W
100 W

Postby staft » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 am

Icecube,
You are a legend. This is one noob who fully intends to commission you to make a harness once I have figured out my first build. Perhaps you can charge a design/consultation fee at the beginning of a project, or accept deposits before you buy materials. You can always credit them towards the job once it is actually paid for, and keep the deposit if they bail on you or are just using your expertise to further their own production. Maybe there is even a market for consultation on the whole build/concept?

I hope life eases up on you. I know too many people in your boat right now, and sometimes its hard to keep smiling. In truth, we are all in that same boat, and the sooner we realize that the better. Hang tough, keep doing what you do best, and please post your site again here.
Steven Taft
staft
100 mW
100 mW

Postby voicecoils » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:35 am

Keep your head up Ice! You're 2 days away from having spent exactly 4 years registered on the 'sphere & your contributions have really been appreciated.

Charge whatever you need to and let the tire kickers weed themselves out. Whenever you sell something, you've gotta battle with people wasting your time every step of the way.
voicecoils
10 MW
10 MW

Postby kudos » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:32 am

I'll be making my second order with you Ice in the next few weeks as my new build comes together.

Perhaps if everyone who has been thinking about getting something, all pulls the trigger now, Ice can get some action going.

Cheers,
Kudos
Build 1A Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 49V : 31mph
Build 1B Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Mac 10T 30A 49V : 27mph
Build 1C Gary Fisher Wahoo Hardtail : Crystalyte HS3540 40A 82V :
Build 2 Mountain Cycle Fury FS : Mac 8T 40A 57V : in progress
Build 3 GT LTS FS : Mac 8T 40A 49V
kudos
10 kW
10 kW

Postby RallySTX » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 am

I'm relieved to see that you're still kicking ICE. I hope things get better for you soon. The harnesses you built for me are awesome. I can't wait to use them. Best of luck.
Brian L.
Janesville WI.
Build thread

RallySTX
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Alan B » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Sorry to hear the problems, glad to hear you are still in there. Set your prices as you need to and do quality work as you have been and it will work out in the long run. You've helped a lot of folks here.

Thanks,
Alan B
10 GW
10 GW

Postby Trackman417 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 pm

icecube57 wrote:I'm a real cool dude

+1 :D
I can attest to that! When I get more money together, I am going to need you to set up a 20s2P harness for me.
Get your soldering iron warmed up and ready to roll. :mrgreen:
K2 Sidewinder
H4065 36 mph
20s2p 10aH lipo battery pack
If it didn't kill you, it just built your character.
You know your bike is powerful when even you, the builder, can't control it.
Customer 00001 at our very own Bigmooses online store http://mtg-technologies.com/zencart/ Great guy, great products.
Trackman417
10 kW
10 kW

Postby chroot » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Heya icecube57-

I glad you are still kicking alive, Sorry hear about your situation problem struggle with the budget and One of my friend might will need your service for his 4s4p x 4 soon once he gets his parts in shipping.

Just ignore the trolls and dont let them get you. We will always here for you. Remember that! :lol:

Thanks for the update. 8)
Thank you Justin Lemire-Elmore - You are a HERO!

Tidalforce, Yuba Mundo V4 Cargo bike, Juiced Riders ODK V1 Cargo bike
English is my secondary language - ASL (American Sign Language) is my primary.
chroot
1 MW
1 MW

PreviousNext

Return to Items for Sale - New