Well after the last couple of group buys that have gone through, I was at first a bit hesitant, but I think this should be pretty straight forward. Famous last words
I plan on buying a shit-ton of individual Turnigy 40C cells. I need about 600 of them for my race bike, but that can wait. Right now, I plan on building a few Hi-Powered LiPo packs, and Rodney is keen on about 90 cells for his Phasor build. I want to buy another 90 or so, but I was hoping a few other folks mght let me know if they are interested and we can get the Hong Kong-Perth shipping a bit cheaper. The cells are about $11 each on the website, which is about what they would sell for wholesale. The only difference is that the shipping will be cheaper (and the customs fee will be added). By the way, if you want anything else from HobbyKing, like the 20C cells, motors, model aeroplanes you name it, I can order them too.
Oh, that's another thing, this is an Australia only group buy. Ideally, a Perth only one, but shipping cells across Australia once they are in the country is actually pretty cheap (unless you live in Cairns). I will be buying through HobbyKing's Wholesale program. They are very particular about this program and I shall copy the details here:
Thanks for showing your interest in our products and programs.
First of all, the items which are available online in our website, you can buy them anytime to test etc...
Secondly, if you want to buy large quantity from us, than you can have the instructions below and get back to me in June when you are ready to create your orders (you can’t use this account to order smaller quantity for testing etc...and you can’t keep it for long time without placing your WS order, otherwise it will turn back to normal it self).
I would like to offer you our Wholesale program, in which you can buy only large quantity. In Wholesale program, our MOA is $2000 or above in each order, payment via T/T (bank wire transfer) only, delivery via our currier or your own pick, create orders from Hong Kong warehouse only. If you are interested, please follow these below steps, thanks.
And here are the steps which you can follow to do wholesale with us (read and follow these steps carefully):
1. Visit our website http://www.hobbyking.com, and create your new account (write correct add and phone no).
2. Once you create your account, send me account information (email address and your ID number which is 13 digit, which can be see in personal details or information) by email.
3. After sending me your username and ID no, I will than upgrade your account, you will than receive my confirmation. Than you can sign-in and select your interested items and add them in your cart.
4. Then view your cart, and click Continue, follow/read the rest of steps carefully. The system will show you everything, payment procedure, bank details, delivery method or option etc...
5. Create order from our international/Hong Kong warehouse only.
6. Choose correct Declare Value while checking out, otherwise you will get problem in your custom, we recommend to choose 100%.
7. Do not put items in cart for more than 1 day, and do not use different computers to selecting items in cart, it will go empty otherwise.
8. System will show you “Hong Kong Pickup” option only, which is correct.
9. Once order is created, than settle the full Payment on the same day by T/T (only), and send me the bank receipt and order number via email on the same day.
10. You need to inform me on the same time that the order will be collect by your self/currier from our warehouse or you will use our currier service.
11. I will than authorized the order and than items will be reserved from the stock. Payment need to be done very quickly (on same day) before the stock run out very (quickly).
12. You must need to follow the system, if it says pay by T/T then it should be that way, if any other method applied then all money will be refund exclude the charges and order will be cancel. Further more, your account will be turn back to normal. Therefore, follow the instructions very carefully.
13. After I confirmed than you will see your order in the system with some notes.
14. We use UPS for deliver the goods or our forwarder (if you want to use our currier, our UPS offer us 20% to 30% discount because we use them lot). And if you want to collect the goods from our warehouse by your self/currier than authorization letter will be require from both customer and currier for verification/security.
15. Currier freight charges will be provide once the order is packed, before packing we are unable to provide/tell the shipping charges.
16. Basic procedure of packing....Once the order is in system, payment confirmed, than system will print the order out, than it will go in packing queue where thousands of other orders are, when your order turn comes up than we will start packing, once the packing complete then we will check size and weight and ask our currier company to offer best prices, and then I will inform you the total freight charges which you need to settle before we dispatch the goods.
17. For wholesale account each order has to be US$2000 or above, if it is below then we will not proceed the order as wholesale.
18. There is no size or weight limit in WS account.
Discount in wholesale account: Our prices are already very low, because we keep very low margin for our self to survive (we try to keep prices as low as possible), but of course still we offer slightly/bit more discount for our wholesale customers after we open up their accounts, the prices can be seen automatically once the account is created/upgrade. Further discount will be bonus points which you will get in your account after creating the order (1 point = $1), you can use these points in your next order.
If you have any questions, please do let me know, thanks.
Have a nice day,
Hextronik Franchise & Wholesale Acc. Manager
Tel: +852 3125 1900
Mob: +852 9314 4280
So basically a telegraphic transfer of >$2000 worth of cells is needed, and the goods arrive some weeks later.
If you're interested and keen, let me know here in this thread and we can make arrangements. I plan on making an order pretty soon, so once I surpass $2000 worth of committed cells I will place an order.
Oh, needless to say I won't be profiting from this at all, but if you would like me to build you a pack using my awesome PCBs and soldering technique I can do that in a jiffy.