Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Adaptto E-Drives Lab
100 W
100 W

Re: The most advanced Adaptto Mini-E Controller + BMS

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Apr 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Merlin wrote: i feel really missunderstand....
i dont want ONLY a PAS.....i need a PAS for the legal commute.
I understand what you are trying to tell, when we designed the controller, we thought 3 power profiles would be enough for most of e-bikes,
and there are not so many people who really use PAS sensors. Just because pas sensor in any chinese controller including infineon does not work as you would like to.
Because it only enables the full throttle when you push the pedal.
To make really nice PAS control you need at least torque sensor and make it work accordingly to your power input.
If we decide to built in PAS option, we would try to make it right, not chinese style.
For now there are many other tasks besides PAS that still have to be done, but one day, who knows, it could be implemented.
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

zener
1 kW
1 kW

Post by zener » Apr 01, 2014 4:47 pm

madin88 wrote: do what you want. the cops will tell you cool guy what is illegal and what not :wink:
i would say a ebike set to 250W and 25kmh with the OPTION to unlimited speed / 10kW power is illegal in germany.
Its not the cops who are the problem they mostly dont know the law and when you dont drive dangerouse in public than they think you are a lycra :D
The biggest problem is in a case of a accident even if its not your fault it can get very very expensive without insurance if they see you have driven something >4kw
Its currently not illegal in EU and i would say [ they should better make sportcars >250ps and supermoto bikes >25ps (on public streets illegal)]. <--- just some fantasy numbers :lol:

andreym
100 W
100 W

Post by andreym » Apr 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Merlin wrote: i dont care if there comes a 150v version.
I like the 98v version allready. i had no Problem driving only 20s. I Just want to drive 65mph minimum. Shame on me....
Give me a Hub that runs with 60v 100kph....will buy it. i would be happy with 60v....i had alot more charging options.
You video in signature clearly shows that your e-bike can run 108kph on 93volts under load. That is using regular controller.
Moreover you cannot sustain that speed for more than 1-2km because your motor will overheat in no time. And there is no real point in running that speed other than youtube.

Have you seen my video with 68 volts under load battery? I was using max-e and regular cromotor at that time, the one that has kV lower than yours(should have lower top speed at the same voltage). So what makes you think your motor will not run the same speed on MAX-E?

Avanti D8 CroMo frame, CroMotor :) + MAX-E controller. 18s10p zippy compact in Pelican 1300 case. 1.8kwhrs total usable capacity. - Deseased.
New bike will be posted soon here.
fast 1.2kw charger old GT iDrive e-bike

zombiess
1 GW
1 GW

Post by zombiess » Apr 01, 2014 5:12 pm

madin88 wrote:
zombiess wrote: Saying a controller is OK at 92v because of voltage sag is very poor spec writing I have a 100v pack with good batteries that only sags 3v at 175a discharge and I know I am not alone. I don't know why they are so reluctant to change parts when it should be easily within their ability, the cost difference is virtually nothing and the amperage handling will stay the same. With 100v rated MOSFETs this is safe at 80v max which is good for the majority.
im not very good in electrical engineering, but isn't there already a safeness in these electrical components? I mean if the FETs and CAP's are rated for 100V and the safeness is about 10% (only a guess) than they will survive 110V without damage. Or i am wrong?
You are incorrect. Most electronics components are spec'd at their absolute maximum ratings are very close to them. A 100V capacitor is rate for 100V MAX by the manufacturer. It is up to the engineer to derate it properly for their desired application.

I'm just trying to help these guys see how they are missing the mark and the market. I know for a fact there is a large demand for controllers based on 150V MOSFETs because I have people contacting me every week to buy a Xie Chang based controller because I figured out how to make them live at high current with 150V IRFB4115 MOSFETs. There is demand because a lot of the DIY market is running 24S LiPo. I no longer sell them an don't have any intentions of building them again, too much work.

This is my last post in this thread about this topic.

I have sent another email to them about purchasing I need to get a unit to evaluate for a client regardless of what MOSFET it's running.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Apr 01, 2014 6:12 pm

andreym wrote: You video in signature clearly shows that your e-bike can run 108kph on 93volts under load. That is using regular controller.
yes and it is on 120% Throttle...not really for daily use. Just a "personal record"

Moreover you cannot sustain that speed for more than 1-2km because your motor will overheat in no time.
in this video it is my actual 4080...sure he cant handle 8KW+ for a long time.
Illegal in anyway....for sure in GERMANY....but i dont have the balls to drive on a highway to commute to work with 100kph
(and i dont think you will find a german guy who is crazy enough)
beside that, my new build is waiting for a delivery from croatia. so i think a 100kph run can be much longer ;)

And there is no real point in running that speed other than youtube.
no. the point is that i can cruise around 60-70kph and when i want i had the Power to make a quick sprint to 100kph.
I dont know maybe you drive a fast car or a 200ps Motorcycle that can reach easy real >300kph.
I dont have the car, but the Motorcycle and i dont drive all the time 300kph....more around 140/180 and sometimes quick 250 runs.
you know what i want to say?

Have you seen my video with 68 volts under load battery? I was using max-e and regular cromotor at that time, the one that has kV lower than yours(should have lower top speed at the same voltage). So what makes you think your motor will not run the same speed on MAX-E?
Yes i saw your video. and it was nice to see. I dont know what a 4080 can run on a Max-E.
i dont think that because i dont have one and havent found someone who has.
The 4080 is fast then a cromotor with same voltage. It would be a nice speedmachine. unfortunaly the 4080 cant handle 10kw+ for that time that it where worth. Everything i wanted to say (all the time) Illegal or not, i had 3 Police stops with the bike you see in my signature.
I had no Problem. Because it looks stealthy enough for 99,9% of the cops.
When i switch my system off/on it starts in Modus 1 (legal) so when i stopped bei police, i just switched on/off and they can drive my bike.
There was no any question about the size of the motor. i had no Problem to explain """that is a big hub for hills. not fast, but very strong and can handle more heat then others. But iam not happy with this old fat ugly hub and iam going to replace it for a smaller one that is more efficient""" (blablabla :wink: )...you can tune your car the ass out, all that illegal stuff to get 1000hp. Drive normal, not like an idiot and it is ok...even stopped by police....
change your wheels to crazy dimensions that "every officer" can see that is illegal....no nice words, no smile, nothing can explain that your rims are for sure 2 much.....
and thats the PAS problem. forget a 10KW Monster.....take a 500$ Walmart ebike with legal 500w and a throttle......no PAS?....your done!

everyting i found and read (here) is that with the sinewave controller (or MAxE) the motor runs a bit quicker and there are some preset settings for the cromotor i can get from you ;)

I would be the happiest guy on earth driving 20S Lipo with a cromotor in 26" rim and getting sinewave silent 100kph on flat/no winds.
...but its ...no it was a dream since Adaptto E-Drives Lab told "me" that theres no way that i can buy a MAXE with PAS in acceptable time.

Last edited by Merlin on Apr 01, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Apr 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote: I understand what you are trying to tell, when we designed the controller, we thought 3 power profiles would be enough for most of e-bikes,
and there are not so many people who really use PAS sensors. Just because pas sensor in any chinese controller including infineon does not work as you would like to.
To make really nice PAS control you need at least torque sensor and make it work accordingly to your power input.
If we decide to built in PAS option, we would try to make it right, not chinese style.
For now there are many other tasks besides PAS that still have to be done, but one day, who knows, it could be implemented.
so it is...pure PAS on a China Controller with much Power is not useable
Trq and PAS is possible....I think you know the cycle analyst....using a PAS (with CA) cruising the city is a nice feature.
and alot of people use a PAS (no need in law but they like it)
I have spend ALOT time to make the PAS using near perfect. I would like to show you how nice you can drive it. but in the next years i have no journey to russia :P

anyway. thx for that info that in near future theres no PAS option. so my answer(s) are clear now.

ridethelightning
1 MW
1 MW

Post by ridethelightning » Apr 01, 2014 6:55 pm

just want to say thanks to andreym and adaptto e-drives.

they have done sooo much work to get their awesome product to this stage.

it is still currently unique in the market.

there is nothing wrong with suggesting and asking for other features, but in the end we are just so lucky to be able to get this thing as it is, at all!

im sure anyone who takes the jump and gets one will be more than happy.

Willow
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Willow » Apr 01, 2014 7:32 pm

...stoked even.

xenodius
10 kW
10 kW

Post by xenodius » Apr 02, 2014 12:43 am

Merlin wrote:
Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote: I understand what you are trying to tell, when we designed the controller, we thought 3 power profiles would be enough for most of e-bikes,
so it is...pure PAS on a China Controller with much Power is not useable
Trq and PAS is possible....I think you know the cycle analyst....using a PAS (with CA) cruising the city is a nice feature.
and alot of people use a PAS (no need in law but they like it)
I have spend ALOT time to make the PAS using near perfect. I would like to show you how nice you can drive it. but in the next years i have no journey to russia :P

anyway. thx for that info that in near future theres no PAS option. so my answer(s) are clear now.

I'm getting 58mph with a 24s A123 pack and cromotor in a 20" wheel, so that's not an issue. And that's 20" OD, not 21". With a 26" or 29" wheel that would be unreasonably high. The only reason to get a 150v unit is to use existing hardware, but it is still a compromise in performance. Which, by the way, is incredible.

If you want PAS, get a standalone CycleAnalyst and run your throttle and THUN BB through it to give the Adaptto controller a single throttle input. Done.

ALLVLTS
10 mW
10 mW

Post by ALLVLTS » Apr 02, 2014 10:57 am

xenodius wrote:<snip> The only reason to get a 150v unit is to use existing hardware...<snip>
I think this is worth emphasizing. Existing hardware appears to be a legitimate concern to many or all of the people here asking for a 150V rated controller. Perhaps only a small run of 150V rated controllers is justified, but I would hope for at least that (though I am biased). It looks like there are several potential sales of said controllers just from this thread alone. If it isn't a huge deal to swap out some board components (if that's actually all it takes), then why not?

zombiess
1 GW
1 GW

Post by zombiess » Apr 02, 2014 11:14 am

ALLVLTS wrote:
xenodius wrote:<snip> The only reason to get a 150v unit is to use existing hardware...<snip>
I think this is worth emphasizing. Existing hardware appears to be a legitimate concern to many or all of the people here asking for a 150V rated controller. Perhaps only a small run of 150V rated controllers is justified, but I would hope for at least that (though I am biased). It looks like there are several potential sales of said controllers just from this thread alone. If it isn't a huge deal to swap out some board components (if that's actually all it takes), then why not?
Just so people don't mix up terminology people are asking for controller built with 150v rated parts. The controller itself might be rated at a max voltage of 100v even though it uses 150v parts as there could be some other limiting factor. Electronic parts are usually rated at maximum specs unless the datasheet says different. There is often an abs max rating in a datasheet saying above this value the device will fail. Things such as temperature play a large role. At 0c irfb4110 mosfets have failed at less than 100v because their spec changed with temperature. a100v part will withstand 100.000 volts, but it might fail at 100.001 volts for disclaimers, read the spec sheets.

izeman
10 GW
10 GW

The most advanced Adaptto Mini-E Controller + BMS

Post by izeman » Apr 02, 2014 12:10 pm

just a little thought from my side regarding the pas request: sure pas is nice to ride on some bikes. it won't work for others. but even if you have pas it won't make your bike legal. i don't have pas and don't need it in austria. but even the voltage of your battery of 100v+ makes the bike illegal and having a way to switch to illegal power mode on the road (without tools) is illegal as well. so pas alone would not help you. it may make cheating police easier, but won't make the bike legal :(

madin88
10 MW
10 MW

Post by madin88 » Apr 02, 2014 12:28 pm

zener wrote: Its not the cops who are the problem they mostly dont know the law and when you dont drive dangerouse in public than they think you are a lycra :D
The biggest problem is in a case of a accident even if its not your fault it can get very very expensive without insurance if they see you have driven something >4kw
Its currently not illegal in EU and i would say [ they should better make sportcars >250ps and supermoto bikes >25ps (on public streets illegal)]. <--- just some fantasy numbers :lol:
yes you are right. the problem is the vehicle is not registrated and not covered by any insurance in case of an accident. you will hurt yourself much if you have a crash with other road users or pedestrians caused by you:
1) you have to pay for the (personal) damage
2) you will serve a sentence because you break the law
everyone can decide if its worth the risk for him or not.

I also have noticed that riding with my ebike here in the city is more dangerous than riding a gas powered moped. the ebike is silent and no one hears you coming, so you have to watch out more.
- Votec V-FR frame / MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R -> approved as L1e moped and fully road legal in EU :)
- Vector white / MXUS 4T / 24" Hookworms / Adaptto Max-E / 22s11p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Apr 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Www. Pedelec-forum. De

Thats the right place for you....

Talking about crashes and insurance while driving a cro is really nice...

We Allllllllllll driving illegal ebikes.....
Even justin or the russians....

Where are the spooky crashes your talking about.?
Thats the biggest international ev forum....
Burning houses, lipo fires everything you want...

10000 bikers, and one bad accident?
Saying what?... These Kind of risk is okay for me....
For you mr law Not?... Fine sell your bike and go legal...
Link above you will find alot of new friends ;-)

:roll:

madin88
10 MW
10 MW

Post by madin88 » Apr 03, 2014 12:13 am

Merlin, you do not know much about ebikes law, right?
In russia it is NOT illegal, because there is no electric bicycle regulation by this time :wink:
I do not have to sell my cromotor bike, i will have soon registration and insurance. from then on i can joke the cars and the vespa riders LEGAL in the city with it :lol:
you cannot because the cops will take you out :P

@ Andreym
sorry for the OT in your sales topic
- Votec V-FR frame / MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R -> approved as L1e moped and fully road legal in EU :)
- Vector white / MXUS 4T / 24" Hookworms / Adaptto Max-E / 22s11p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Apr 03, 2014 2:42 am

dont forget to post your licence...
I will make a deadline in my outlook for 31.12.14 and will ask you about your licence.
then we come back and show if your words are worth to post about that shit again.
and in the meantime drive your illegal bike :roll:
but be carefull...when you have a crash *blablabla

Ohbse
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Ohbse » Apr 07, 2014 9:05 pm

What's going on here? I would like to purchase ASAP, have money, no reply to PM's...

K-ray
10 W
10 W

Post by K-ray » Apr 08, 2014 3:33 am

I've given up on them... been trying for weeks... all the contact avenues... no reply. :?
Maybe cuz I'm A Merican?

knighty
10 kW
10 kW

Post by knighty » Apr 08, 2014 5:05 am

if you want to buy one... you can go to the shop website (it's linked here somewhere) and just but one

chances are they're getting a lot of emails, and English is a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) language to them so it will take them a while to work through them

working through orders / looking after people who have already ordered comes before answering emails from anyone else tbh.

Adaptto E-Drives Lab
100 W
100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am

K-ray wrote:no reply. :?
I have replied you via PM just now.

Adaptto E-Drives Lab
100 W
100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Apr 08, 2014 6:18 am

knighty wrote:if you want to buy one...
Please contact us at sales@adaptto.ru
email is monitored and all e-mails are answered.

Adaptto E-Drives Lab
100 W
100 W

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Apr 08, 2014 6:18 am

Ohbse wrote:no reply to PM's...
I have replied you via PM, please check.

K-ray
10 W
10 W

Post by K-ray » Apr 08, 2014 10:06 am

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote:I have replied you via PM just now.
OK... 8)
Thanks for that Andrey. I Just re-submitted my request.

Kevin

upek
10 W
10 W

Post by upek » Apr 08, 2014 11:11 am

@Andrey

Can you reply on my last PM?

Thanks1

andreym
100 W
100 W

Post by andreym » Apr 09, 2014 4:21 am

upek wrote:@Andrey
Can you reply on my last PM?
Thanks1
Just sent you all information via PM.
Andrey.
Avanti D8 CroMo frame, CroMotor :) + MAX-E controller. 18s10p zippy compact in Pelican 1300 case. 1.8kwhrs total usable capacity. - Deseased.
New bike will be posted soon here.
fast 1.2kw charger old GT iDrive e-bike