Replacement motor axles

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Andje
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Replacement motor axles

Post by Andje » Jul 18, 2014 7:13 am

Hey,

Did you ever figure out the clyte x5400 series axles? I need one badly...
Norco 125 Dirt Jumper
100v 15ah Lipo Backpack
lyens 18 fet, 100v 100 amps, R12 Regen
x5304- 95km/h
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=24594
Norco A-Line Park 2009
144v Kelly 300amp
5403/ future HS60
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=35652

knighty
10 kW
10 kW

Post by knighty » Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am

hi

I'm need to fit 2 x HT3525 motors (front wheel) into down hill type forks

that I really need are 4 x bolts with a 20mm shaft hollowed out and threaded to 14mm 1.5pitch

would you be able to do something like that ?

I'm in Newcastle, so postage/payment isn't a problem

I'd try myself, but I think my lathe is a bit small for the job

here's a very rough diagram to show you what I mean...
http://i.imgur.com/HingfDQ.png

I need at least 4 of them... but I'll order more if they're easy to do in a batch ?

I 'think' the shaft needs to be about 40mm long, but I can get back to you with the exact size

macribs
1 GW
1 GW

Post by macribs » Aug 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Tench wrote:There are many grades of Ti, I blagged some off an engineering company a few years ago that machined like En1a, it was creamy smooth and really nice to use. This material was destined to become valve stems for F1 wheels! I then bought some for another job and it was a biatch! so looked into the grades etc. Grade 6 is very tough but difficult to machine, not in a hardened steel way, it just deflects to tool. Grade one is the other extreme, lovely to work with just as light but not as tough.
All titanium gauls quite badly so it cannot replace other materials in every application.

Thanks for the Cro Link Madin88, I will get around to that in the coming weeks.

A plan is forming for the Cro! :twisted:

All titanium gauls quite badly so it cannot replace other materials in every application.

What does that mean? I've tried different dictionaries but I can still not understand the word gauls. What I've been told about Titanium is that while it is lighter then cromolly it is prone to "splinter" almost like glass if material fatigue occur after hard use. Don't know if that is what you mean by gauls?

stevc
100 W
100 W

Post by stevc » Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Chalo
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Chalo » Aug 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Titanium is lighter than steel, stronger than aluminum, but also less stiff than steel and heavier than aluminum such that the stiffness-to-weight ratio of the three metals is about the same. Among high strength alloys, their strengths are also approximately in proportion to their densities.

For axles, there is little doubt that some sort of steel is the best choice of the three materials, because you can pack the most strength and stiffness into the limited space available. If you want to reduce weight, you get better results by thinning the wall of a steel axle than by making the axle out of something weaker and more flexible. A steel alloy will be much better at holding a thread than a titanium or aluminum alloy, too, which is a factor with axles.

Ti has some bad habits compared to steel and aluminum. It's gummy and tough when you try to machine it, right up to the point where it gets hot in the cut zone and phase changes to a hard, brittle form. It galvanically corrodes when placed in contact with other metals, and its threads seize more quickly and dramatically than any other common structural metal.

Every metal has its own idiosyncrasies that much be learned and accommodated before a machinist can get the best from it. Titanium tends to be frustrating to even seasoned professional machinists who have mastered other metals.

It's also so expensive as to deter casual experimentation.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER
10 kW
10 kW

Post by MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER » Oct 05, 2014 11:48 am

cal3thousand wrote:Just pressed my axle in and I'm about to put the motor back together. It should take 10 minutes to press in and out if you have the right jig. You'll need some tubes that will allows the old axle and key to pass when pressing out. Should not take much force from a press.

The new axles's wire channel is perfect for my 11 AWG phases in a double shrink jacket along with the 5 hall wires and 3 thermistor wires. Can't wait to finish this thing and tear up a local park.
Any pictutres how looks with wires fitted?

Thank you! 8)
Nothing is perfect until I touch it...

leffex
100 W
100 W

Post by leffex » Oct 06, 2014 1:35 am

I am going to try an new thing of repairing my axle

Weld it stuck with old or new m12 thread
Then add a coupling nut m12 with glue the strongest addhesive on the inside thread and also weld it on both sides after fastening.

Problems
Will the weld hold, will the best glue work and at last will the thread be correct right hand or left hand... Should be left but harder to find...
5kw, dh, 85v/65a system.

pendragon8000
1 MW
1 MW

Post by pendragon8000 » Oct 06, 2014 4:54 am

pendragon8000 wrote:Quick reply from Tench. Thanks.

I'm wondering how you guys get the disc side cover off? Glue the bearing to the axle and press the cover on with lube so the cover comes off but the bearing stays. Once its wired up it would be impossible to remove the bearing.

The halls are on the gear side though so if they blow they could be replaced without moving the disc brake side plate... So I guess its sort of a non issue.
Unfortunately I am reporting a Tench custom axle breaking after about 3hrs of riding. Please read why...
My ca v3 is setup with bad pulsing on wot take off from stationary. I was attempting to fix the issue but broke the axle trying.
The axle was good quality but this varifies its still breakable.
No need for further discussion here re my incodent. Posts on my monster thread are welcome.
8)HYENA high power ebike kits
My builds
scott 29er + Hyena kit, mon-goose to MON-STER 6KW, Free Agent RC Mid Drive, videos

my bike goes so fast 'cos it charges the battery while I pedal

NeilP
100 GW
100 GW

Post by NeilP » Oct 06, 2014 7:00 am

When my axle on my 5304 snapped I redesigned the wire out side.

Rather than use the standard 10mm wide bearing, I used a narrower one with same Outside diameter. Narrower also means bigger bor for the same OD. This allowed a thicker axle on the wire side and also more room for the wire to exit.. No slot in the axle, just a flat all the way in, with an external collar for the bearing to run on.

Also allowed for heavy clamping units externally. Not pretty or sleek, but it works.

the smaller bearing is just fine. no issues after another 5000 or more miles

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... d&start=75

:) Only Irish coffee provides in a glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat :)

leffex
100 W
100 W

Post by leffex » Oct 06, 2014 7:59 am

pendragon8000 wrote: Unfortunately I am reporting a Tench custom axle breaking after about 3hrs of riding. Please read why...
My ca v3 is setup with bad pulsing on wot take off from stationary. I was attempting to fix the issue but broke the axle.
Yeah

How much power have you got?

From standstill. I think the motor flow alot of torque at that point. Max axle torque before braking i suspect at 100nm or 180lbs thrust also using two wrenshes with manpower and leverage in both directions kills the axle. Burnouts can be = broken axle but why I dont know just that it happened to me :/

What I would like is to pay some1 to remove and change my axle. The guy doing so can get new axle from here or elsewere. Can the axle be repaired(i will try) and also change of the hub to become a mid mount engine instead is a possibility but need some alterations to work in that way.
5kw, dh, 85v/65a system.

Doctorbass
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Doctorbass » Oct 13, 2014 11:28 am

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER wrote:
cal3thousand wrote:Just pressed my axle in and I'm about to put the motor back together. It should take 10 minutes to press in and out if you have the right jig. You'll need some tubes that will allows the old axle and key to pass when pressing out. Should not take much force from a press.

The new axles's wire channel is perfect for my 11 AWG phases in a double shrink jacket along with the 5 hall wires and 3 thermistor wires. Can't wait to finish this thing and tear up a local park.
Any pictutres how looks with wires fitted?

Thank you! 8)
MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER You sent me a request for some Torque arm but your PM are disabled :lol: so i can not reply to you

Please activate your PM and i'll be able to reply to your T-A request :wink:

Doc
CURRENT PROJECT: 2WD duo MXUS/Max-E ebike 32kW
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =3&t=65764
-Fastest speed record 117 km/h on flat
-Fastest 1/4 mile@ 114km/h on flat and 16.316 sec
-Succeded to haul a 19200 pounds schoolbus!
113kmh Gianthttp://www.evalbum.com/3406
Mongoosehttp://www.evalbum.com/1947
YOUTUBE---https://m.youtube.com/user/Doctorbasss
http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
I speak FRENCH and english

friendly1uk
10 MW
10 MW

Post by friendly1uk » Oct 14, 2014 1:46 pm

I have been shaping up drop-outs with axles used as files. Just them last few brushes to see that it's all shaped nicely. Could you make a file, or cut one down? I was going to ask for something a bit more on topic, but using a thread as a file is far to rough to ask you to get involved :)

1/2" files are common enough to be found cheaply. Slightly large radius for my typical bafang motor, but I think it could work in my favour. All 0.3mm of it. Shrinking a file might be a grinding job though really.
This kind of thing http://www.amazon.com/Grobet-American-P ... B002P55WDS
bmsbattery sent me broken and incorrect stuff, and won't even talk to me about it.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Oct 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Anybody here knows what's up with tench?
Was not online since 3 weeks and I am waiting for an axle.....

Tench
100 kW
100 kW

Post by Tench » Oct 16, 2014 5:24 am

Sorry guys, been working away with no tinternet, I am back in my work shop as of Monday (20th oct) so will get back on top of things :-) and read up on what I have missed..
Project one https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... ilit=tench
Project Two https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=37489
The uk's first Stealth Bomber

There is a box inside your head, inside amongst others are the words "Wont fit" stop looking for answers in the box, there are no answers only excuses.

Brake
1 kW
1 kW

Post by Brake » Oct 17, 2014 12:25 am

Hope you are ok. Good to hear from you and that you are back in the shop.

Best
Brake.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Nov 03, 2014 7:10 am

looks like he isnt back :roll:
i dont want to piss around, but he promised to ship my axle 2 weeks ago.
last online 10 days ago.
no answer, no info, no axle.

thats not satisfied business. :|

Samd
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Nov 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Great thread. Nice work!
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Nov 10, 2014 4:43 am

anybody here who buyed allready axles from him und can give me his telephon number plz?
(pm)

its not funny anymore :(

cal3thousand
10 GW
10 GW

Post by cal3thousand » Nov 10, 2014 11:53 am

When I ordered my axle he was very responsive via PM and he supplied me with his gmail address for payment, but I never needed it. PMs were responded within 1 day at the most.

I bet he's had some personal issues and will get back with you soon.
Get a Cycle Analyst and a Multimeter, you're still a noob if you don't have at least one of each.

Planning on posting questions or buying anything on this site? Put up your country (at minimum) on your profile. This is a worldwide forum and we haven't reached clairvoyance.

pendragon8000
1 MW
1 MW

Post by pendragon8000 » Nov 11, 2014 5:34 am

I pmed him a week or so ago and no reply. He's periodically not contactable. Give it time.
My builds
scott 29er + Hyena kit, mon-goose to MON-STER 6KW, Free Agent RC Mid Drive, videos

Merlin
1 MW
1 MW

Post by Merlin » Nov 11, 2014 5:39 am

i mailed him also to his gmail paypal address. no answer.
when someone have problems it is ok. but we are talking about AUGUST this year.
Yes i paid in AUGUST.

Sometimes or some Days (weeks?) maybe you have no internet.
But whatever happens. I dont see any Problem to Answer ONCE to clear things.
We dont talk in the Normal way of a Favor. I paid 125 GBP for Services.

When you Google his Name you find similar topics were "buddies" try to contact him because he's "away".

beside that, some Postings above he told me/us he is back.
i get also a pm with that info:
I will get the Axle pressed in early next week and get it on its way back to you.
Sorry again for my absence, I can see how it would annoy a person.
Cheers Simon.

that was on 16.10.2014

pendragon8000
1 MW
1 MW

Post by pendragon8000 » Nov 11, 2014 5:48 am

Merlin wrote:i mailed him also to his gmail paypal address. no answer.
when someone have problems it is ok. but we are talking about AUGUST this year.
Yes i paid in AUGUST.

Sometimes or some Days (weeks?) maybe you have no internet.
But whatever happens. I dont see any Problem to Answer ONCE to clear things.
We dont talk in the Normal way of a Favor. I paid 125 GBP for Services.

When you Google his Name you find similar topics were "buddies" try to contact him because he's "away".

beside that, some Postings above he told me/us he is back.
i get also a pm with that info:
I will get the Axle pressed in early next week and get it on its way back to you.
Sorry again for my absence, I can see how it would annoy a person.
Cheers Simon.

that was on 16.10.2014
I see. Yeah that sux. Good luck. Sorry I can't help you more.
My builds

bigsi
100 W
100 W

Post by bigsi » Nov 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Tench is a busy guy but true to his word. Never let me down. If anyone's having problems pm me and I'll call him. I got the first axle and still perfect with loads of abuse. I highly recommend docs torque arms with them to.
specialized s-works enduro carbon running 18FET Lyen. crystalyte 5304v3 running 105v 15ah....
I build quick release custom batteries to any size and shape. Including custom installs.

liamcaff
10 kW
10 kW

Post by liamcaff » Nov 13, 2014 1:09 pm

bigsi wrote:Tench is a busy guy but true to his word. Never let me down. If anyone's having problems pm me and I'll call him. I got the first axle and still perfect with loads of abuse. I highly recommend docs torque arms with them to.
I second that.

oldhaq
100 W
100 W

Post by oldhaq » Aug 28, 2015 9:59 pm

So, assuming these are no longer a goer, I took my H4060 axle and a Tench for reference to a local machine shop to be re-crafted and beefed up in 4340 http://www.interlloy.com.au/our-product ... ile-steel/

I'm just waiting on them to give me a quote.

Anyone else interested?
My bikes:
WCC Chopper longtail - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 60#p170594
Choppermeister and JJWCC - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 50#p246270
Huffy MTB https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 50#p252774
BMC Super Trail https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 61#p619089
www.youtube.com/user/OLDHAQ

I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
on the Theory of Relativity.