Vector e-bike and Parts / WORLDWIDE

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Re: Vector e-bike Frame 625$ /MAX-E/FORK/SHOCK/MOTOR/BATTERY

Post by DasDouble » Sep 11 2015 3:25am

circuit wrote:For offroad riding, you definitelly need a middrive motor, no matter what shock you use.
Well I think for me the hub motor is enough. Moste of the "fast driving" time Im on the street (for driving to school for Example). But for driving on a forest trail, the hub is good enough in my oppinion. Never drived with a hub before, now these days I have a Bosch Pedelec, the mid drive is nice, yes. But for awesome torque the hub will be better, I think.
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Sep 11 2015 4:06am

circuit wrote:For offroad riding, you definitelly need a middrive motor, no matter what shock you use.

DasDouble wrote:But for driving on a forest trail, the hub is good enough in my oppinion.
Yes, the beefiest hub motor you can afford and a RCP2 with a light weight spring for your weight (as Rix said) will be fine and far outperform a low powered middrive in almost every situation. 45km/hr is not that fast so if you're happy with that get a slow wind hub motor and you'll have no heat or torque worries.
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 11 2015 4:25am

What about a Crystalyte 4080? Maybe sometimes I will go faster.. But just on empty roads ;)

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 11 2015 4:36am

Apparently you have seen my vids. I was going to post them here on the Vector thread, then thought better of it as I don't want to disrespect the Vector guys with Stealth Fighter and Bomber vids. If you search "you tube Rix Babs" you will see several vids. One of them, my dad and climbed a steep trail. 1100 feet in 1.5 miles. No problems.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 11 2015 6:36am

Guys what Brakes do you recomment? Many people are saying that the Magura everything from 2 to 7 is good. But Artur has some "Tektro E-Twin" and also the "Tektro e-twin double" on his web side. What do you guys think is better? Never heared about the Tektro brakes. And there is also no review about it. ?

-Cheers, Elias

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 11 2015 8:47pm

DasDouble wrote:Guys what Brakes do you recomment? Many people are saying that the Magura everything from 2 to 7 is good. But Artur has some "Tektro E-Twin" and also the "Tektro e-twin double" on his web side. What do you guys think is better? Never heared about the Tektro brakes. And there is also no review about it. ?

-Cheers, Elias
I heard the Magura MT5s are really good. I have the MT2 and they work really well with a 228mm rotor. But running dual disk brakes on the front, that will out perform any single set up given same components/rotor dimensions. No getting around that.

richdeloup   100 W

100 W

Post by richdeloup » Sep 12 2015 3:57am

For offroad riding, you definitelly need a middrive motor, no matter what shock you use.
I suppose it depends on what is meant by offroad riding.

Greenlane type, forest track, country lane riding, fine with a hub motor.

MX, D/H or anything involving big jumps, then mid drive. IMO
9 ebikes, one pair of legs, small apartment, no wife

circuit   100 kW

100 kW

Post by circuit » Sep 12 2015 5:41am

richdeloup wrote:
For offroad riding, you definitelly need a middrive motor, no matter what shock you use.

Not just jumps. Practically anything that involves uneven roads and turns. Hubs bounce around and handling is difficult, not just uncomfortable, with a wobbly feeling in rear wheel.
For example, when leaning in to a turn on uneven asphalt road, rear wheel bounces and looses some traction. The feeling is like you would go on flat tire - back wheel "slides" sideways. I first noticed it with crystalyte X5303 and standard 2.5" bicycle tire, first thought was "damn, flat again!".
Just to make it clear, any king of shock absorber will not fix a huge unsprung mass in your wheel.
Don't get me wrong, Vector is a nice frame and I have a bike with this frame. But I will be modding it for mid drive.
smart and Tiny BMS solution
Visit my blog. Personal projects: Clean Peugeot conversion | Ultralight enduro
Any and all information, such as texts, specifications, drawings or other material that I post are to be used only as a reference for personal, non-commercial projects ONLY. Any republication for personal or commercial needs must be agreed on individually. Use of any information, that I post, for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 12 2015 7:00am

Edit ///Vids removed///

Circuit check out my vids, above shows some high speed offroad, a little air time, hill climbing.

Or how about the beginning of this one below? I hit 50mph slight downhill on lava rock and shale. Suspension is working good, I am tracking well on my line. Not saying mid drives are better or worse, that a matter of opinion. Am saying that hub motor ebikes can be set up very well for offroad use, and the Vector with the right component selection will rip offroad with a hub motor. Vector guys, sorry for posting non Vector vids, just need to prove the point that hub motors work and work very well for offroad applications.
Last edited by Rix on Sep 12 2015 7:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

circuit   100 kW

100 kW

Post by circuit » Sep 12 2015 7:11am

I see a very nice bike, nice place and nice riding. I would like to do that one day as well.
However that does not show how the bike feels or how it handles.

Hub is OK for many riders, but I don't like the wobbly feeling. If you like how it is, it's fine, continue what you are doing and don't be bothered by my nagging. Let's conclude it's just me and end the discussion. It has been discussed many times all over the forums anyway.
Same story as with low induction motors. I as telling people don't do it for several years, and while many acknowledged there is a problem, some still claim it runs fine.
Any and all information, such as texts, specifications, drawings or other material that I post are to be used only as a reference for personal, non-commercial projects ONLY. Any republication for personal or commercial needs must be agreed on individually. Use of any information, that I post, for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 12 2015 7:34pm

circuit wrote:I see a very nice bike, nice place and nice riding. I would like to do that one day as well.
However that does not show how the bike feels or how it handles.

Hub is OK for many riders, but I don't like the wobbly feeling. If you like how it is, it's fine, continue what you are doing and don't be bothered by my nagging. Let's conclude it's just me and end the discussion. It has been discussed many times all over the forums anyway.
Same story as with low induction motors. I as telling people don't do it for several years, and while many acknowledged there is a problem, some still claim it runs fine.
It has been discussed many times all over the forums anyway.
That's the truth, and no matter how many times I see some one chime in on how hub motors suck and mid drives rule, I can't let it go without calling it.
continue what you are doing and don't be bothered by my nagging. Let's conclude it's just me and end the discussion
The problem in the US is people in general, can't disagree and still get along, that said, its okay that you and I disagree on hub motors. Doesn't change the fact that If we ran in to each other in a bar, we would drink lots of adult beverages and talk ebikes like long lost friends. That what I like about the Ebike community in general. That said, you saw my point of view, still don't agree, and that's okay by me. BTW, I hope you share your mid drive Vector, that will be on sick build. Now I am going to remove my videos from above so I am not thread jacking the Vector.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 16 2015 11:11am

Which hub motor is the best? Someone told me the MXUS 3000w 2v is better than the crystalyte HS4080.
What do you guys think?

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 16 2015 12:20pm

@Artur:

I would like to buy some things from you:

-Frame: Everything in white.
  • -Two wind openings on every side (left and ride).
    -With the normal carbon-black in the middle
    -also a whole for a keyswitch, for charging and so one like your web side shows
    -with the little display which shows the temperature etc. etc. also from your web side. (How much is this display? Do you sell it?)
-The moto seat. If possible send/show me some pictures. (Price?)

-Your Battery L: 84v 20Ah 22s 1.6 kWH like on your web side.

-One Kickstand

-How can I pay?

Please pm me.

Thank you for your great service and I wish you all the best,

Elias

ElectricFunk   1 mW

1 mW

Post by ElectricFunk » Sep 16 2015 4:53pm

circuit wrote:
richdeloup wrote:

Not just jumps. Practically anything that involves uneven roads and turns. Hubs bounce around and handling is difficult, not just uncomfortable, with a wobbly feeling in rear wheel.
For example, when leaning in to a turn on uneven asphalt road, rear wheel bounces and looses some traction. The feeling is like you would go on flat tire - back wheel "slides" sideways. I first noticed it with crystalyte X5303 and standard 2.5" bicycle tire, first thought was "damn, flat again!".
Just to make it clear, any king of shock absorber will not fix a huge unsprung mass in your wheel.
Don't get me wrong, Vector is a nice frame and I have a bike with this frame. But I will be modding it for mid drive.

Hey Circuit, are you planning on starting a thread for your mid drive mod?

circuit   100 kW

100 kW

Post by circuit » Sep 17 2015 12:06am

ElectricFunk wrote:Hey Circuit, are you planning on starting a thread for your mid drive mod?
Probably I will, but at rate it is moving, will take several months. Still looking for a suitable motor and controller, for suitable price.
What I have so far: http://tinyurl.com/ncv2fm8

CAP3r5   1 µW

1 µW

Post by CAP3r5 » Sep 17 2015 10:02am

I ordered items from Artur under the impression that he had the items in stock all the way back on 8/24. I asked if he had a tracking number for me earlier this week and they told me I just have to wait 2 weeks longer. I pressed for more information and just now found out that they won't even have the frame in stock until October 1st at the earliest.

They told me that I have to wait 2 weeks longer for the items earlier today as if I can expect to have the items then. Reality is I will have to wait over 2 weeks for THEM to have the items. THEN they will paint it, THEN wait for it to dry, THEN package the items and THEN they will ship it.. THEN I will wait for delivery and finally THEN I will have it and I can guarantee it will be over 2 weeks as I was told earlier today. :evil:

I find that hard to believe they are well regarded when they withhold information from customers like this. I sent him over $2,300 and they think it is perfectly fine not mentioning a thing about how long it is going to take to ship the items out. I wonder what the limit on time is before they start being honest about the expected timeframe. If it would've been 3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc would they have mentioned how long it is going to take then? I can understand a long wait but at least they can be upfront about it and if not at least honest about it when questioned.

If you guys are waiting for items from them, expect to wait much much longer than you expected and likely much longer than you were told if you were told about the timeframe at all..

macribs   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by macribs » Sep 17 2015 5:00pm

Well you are not shopping over-the-counter regular stocked sporting items. E-biking as of today is a marginal business with small orders made, it is hard for vendors to keep large stocks because this is not a game for big powerful players. Most of them are enthusiasts like you and me, and works long hours to keep their customers happy. Most of them don't have a large number of employees so expect things to be different then if you order from wallmart. What I am trying to point out is that you are ordering custom parts made in small series. If manufacturer suddenly runs out of frames it is out of Artur's hands.

I think you will find that people are very happy with Vector bikes, and how Artur has handled his shop. Usually he is very clear about delivery dates and also giving information along the way. But Artur does not make the frame himself. He get them from Ukraine. I am sure he will chime in or pm you with more information.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 17 2015 9:01pm

CAP3r5 wrote:I ordered items from Artur under the impression that he had the items in stock all the way back on 8/24. I asked if he had a tracking number for me earlier this week and they told me I just have to wait 2 weeks longer. I pressed for more information and just now found out that they won't even have the frame in stock until October 1st at the earliest.

They told me that I have to wait 2 weeks longer for the items earlier today as if I can expect to have the items then. Reality is I will have to wait over 2 weeks for THEM to have the items. THEN they will paint it, THEN wait for it to dry, THEN package the items and THEN they will ship it.. THEN I will wait for delivery and finally THEN I will have it and I can guarantee it will be over 2 weeks as I was told earlier today. :evil:

I find that hard to believe they are well regarded when they withhold information from customers like this. I sent him over $2,300 and they think it is perfectly fine not mentioning a thing about how long it is going to take to ship the items out. I wonder what the limit on time is before they start being honest about the expected timeframe. If it would've been 3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc would they have mentioned how long it is going to take then? I can understand a long wait but at least they can be upfront about it and if not at least honest about it when questioned.

If you guys are waiting for items from them, expect to wait much much longer than you expected and likely much longer than you were told if you were told about the timeframe at all..
Yah, you may have to wait a few months, but Artur has always delivered on his orders, you are not going to be burned and out your money. Supply and demand has slowed Vector down. People like the frames and the price point is currently among the lowest in the DIY industry, provided you don't buy some clones made in China.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Sep 18 2015 8:31am

Hey guys could someone tell me what for example "22s" means? In germany we just have volts, watts, amps, ohms. But nothing with s as far as I know. 22s = ???

-Elias

gensem   100 kW

100 kW

Post by gensem » Sep 18 2015 8:48am

DasDouble wrote:Hey guys could someone tell me what for example "22s" means? In germany we just have volts, watts, amps, ohms. But nothing with s as far as I know. 22s = ???

-Elias
The S means connection in Series.
22s is 22 times a given cell voltage.

Ex:

Lipo
22x3.7v=81.4v
Lifepo4
22x3.2v=70.4v
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 18 2015 7:50pm

DasDouble wrote:Hey guys could someone tell me what for example "22s" means? In germany we just have volts, watts, amps, ohms. But nothing with s as far as I know. 22s = ???

-Elias
Das Dopio, pinging on what Gens said, with the exception of LifePo4 all other Lithium Io chemistry cells has a peak charge voltage of 4.2 volts per cell. LiCo, LiPo, Li aluminum desiccated goat ball powder, or what ever. Only Lifepo4 is 3.6 or 3.65 depending on which manufacture making them specifies. That said, Lifepo4 energy storage density per kg and C rate per AH suck compared to all other chemistries. So when you see 22s or 16s whatever, you can safely assume that folks are talking about cell with a peak charge voltage of 4.2 volts per cell. So 22s is technically a 92.4 volt hot of the charger battery. Hopes this helps clarify.

ozman   100 W

100 W

Post by ozman » Sep 18 2015 10:52pm

-Elias
Elias read this thread https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 14&t=26621

chunder123   1 W

1 W

Post by chunder123 » Sep 19 2015 9:25pm

if using 18650 cells and a cell failed on a battery pack with hundreds of cells taking the battery apart and repairing it would be alot of hassle with spot welded cells. screw terminal 18650 cells would be good. downside to using lots of cells in parallel makes maintenance more alkward. if i could find prismatic soldered cells that would fit id use them

i saw this company in the link below offers 18650 cell joiners that dont require spot welding.
http://www.akbattery.com/Advantage.htm

circuit   100 kW

100 kW

Post by circuit » Sep 20 2015 2:02am

Did you ever see a failed 18650? They are incredibly robust, quality products. Due to high quality, never fail on their own.

By the way, I have a solution for robus screw-on solution:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 31&t=71951

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Sep 20 2015 3:43am

circuit wrote:Did you ever see a failed 18650? They are incredibly robust, quality products. Due to high quality, never fail on their own.

By the way, I have a solution for robus screw-on solution:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 31&t=71951
Don't tell Alex that, he had to dive into his pack and replace a bad cell.