Smartphone EV trip dashboard - Android/iOS - $99

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Talon
100 µW
100 µW

Re: Smartphone EV trip dashboard - Android/iOS - $99

Post by Talon » Feb 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Powervelocity.com wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm
Yes, why not. Just set the correct number of pole pairs and the wheel circumference.

poles_n_circum.png
Talon wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm
I have your 6 Fet with Bluetooth controller. I only have a 10" diameter wheels on my URB-E. Can I use your new App?
Do I delete the older software? How do I know what to put the "pole pairs # " adjustment at?

zro-1
100 W
100 W

Post by zro-1 » Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm

That dashboard app is very nice!

When I was reading through the thread, it sounded like in addition to the controllers, you also make an external module that just plugs into the CA plug on an existing controller?

If that's correct, could you share an image of the external module, or some dimensional measurements, and confirm that this external module is $99?

Thanks, and great work!
~01~

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Yes, plug and play with CA connector. Will post some pics soon.
Dimensions are 50mm x 23mm x 10mm. It's small.
zro-1 wrote:
Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm
That dashboard app is very nice!

When I was reading through the thread, it sounded like in addition to the controllers, you also make an external module that just plugs into the CA plug on an existing controller?

If that's correct, could you share an image of the external module, or some dimensional measurements, and confirm that this external module is $99?

Thanks, and great work!

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 01, 2018 11:05 am

Since you are pulling the software from the Apple Store or Google Play, no need to delete it, you can just update it but there is no harm in uninstalling your existing app and reinstalling the latest version. Either way works.

For pole pairs, you need to enter the number specified by you motor manufacturer, or you can open the motor, count the number of magnets and divide that number by 2. That would be your pole pairs. Common numbers are 23 (MXUS, 9C), 16 (QS), 8, etc.
Talon wrote:
Feb 25, 2018 2:42 pm
Powervelocity.com wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm
Yes, why not. Just set the correct number of pole pairs and the wheel circumference.

poles_n_circum.png
Talon wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 7:04 pm
I have your 6 Fet with Bluetooth controller. I only have a 10" diameter wheels on my URB-E. Can I use your new App?
Do I delete the older software? How do I know what to put the "pole pairs # " adjustment at?

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 01, 2018 5:00 pm

You got it now: MIN/Sag for the voltage and MAX/Peak for the the current.

min_max.png
min_max.png (56.07 KiB) Viewed 224 times
Merlin wrote:
Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm
what i missed on the adaptto stuff and here also....

min voltage.

i like to see the real voltage sag of my battery. Only CAv3 has this "feature". :mrgreen:

sailah
100 mW
100 mW

Post by sailah » Mar 18, 2018 4:51 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has issues pairing with Android? I can find 2 options when trying to pair, directly from phone PowerVeloCity-i and PowerVeloCity-A. Assume -A is android and -i is iOS. I can "pair" thru my Samsung S5 and it prompts me for 1234 code.

But when I open PowerVeloCity app, it only finds the PowerVelocity-i. If I try to pair to it, it freezes up app and I have to reinstall.

I tried with my iPad, and it worked perfectly. Was reading correct pack voltage can change settings etc.

Wondering if this is something to do with my S5 or not. I might have another Android device to try just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thx

Powervelocity.com
10 kW
10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Mar 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Can be a phone issue. Just tested it on a Galaxy s7 - no problem. Please try another phone and report back.
sailah wrote:
Mar 18, 2018 4:51 pm
I was wondering if anyone else has issues pairing with Android? I can find 2 options when trying to pair, directly from phone PowerVeloCity-i and PowerVeloCity-A. Assume -A is android and -i is iOS. I can "pair" thru my Samsung S5 and it prompts me for 1234 code.

But when I open PowerVeloCity app, it only finds the PowerVelocity-i. If I try to pair to it, it freezes up app and I have to reinstall.

I tried with my iPad, and it worked perfectly. Was reading correct pack voltage can change settings etc.

Wondering if this is something to do with my S5 or not. I might have another Android device to try just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thx

sailah
100 mW
100 mW

Post by sailah » Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks Vad,

Somehow my S5 doesn't like it, guessing it's me. I tried with an older iPhone a friend gave me and it works perfectly along with iPad

I have another Android phone coming at me free so I'll check with that.

BTW I love the dashboard, very clean. Can't wait to try it on the bike. Bike building time has been hard to come by these days so it's going slower than I like.