Wiki is down

Things related to the E-S Wiki
wesnewell
100 GW
100 GW

Wiki is down

Post by wesnewell » Feb 28, 2015 10:48 am

Don't know how long, but this is what I get.

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 8 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 739

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 8 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 739

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 717

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 718

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 722

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 717

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 718

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /home/sphere/public_html/w/includes/MagicWord.php on line 722

Need Advice? https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=66302
Mongoose 26" Ledge 2.1 mtb bike $99, yescomusa.com 48V 1000W rear hub kit $200, Hua Tong 72V 40A controller $35, 10ah 24s lipo $217=~43mph, range=45 miles @ 20mph. 25K miles and still going strong.
Huffy Fortress 3.0 with MXUS 3000 4T motor, 24s lipo, 96V 60A controller. Total cost with extras <$700. Top speed ~50mph
My videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0KW4U ... _G2wQhptMg

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Wiki is down

Post by amberwolf » Feb 28, 2015 1:59 pm

I know there is some sort of problem with the SQL server, which is intermittent on ES itself but may be causing the wiki issues?

Progress on fixing is presently unknown last I heard several hours ago.

JamStrong
1 mW
1 mW

Post by JamStrong » Mar 04, 2015 4:54 am

Yah... I'm seeing the same exact error.

neptronix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by neptronix » Mar 05, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm getting in touch with the people up top to see what can be done. Will update this thread with the results.
My first major build: 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The wheelie machine: 20" Rear Magic Pie II on a Trek 4300 MTB

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."- Chinese Proverb

neptronix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by neptronix » Mar 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi guys, i took initiative and fixed the wiki myself. I notice that a lot of articles are blank. Since i do not have a lot of experience with the wiki, i don't know if this is normal or not.

We did experience some issues with our database recently due to performance issues, which should be resolved at this point.

Can one of you folks who uses/reads the wiki do me a favor, and see if everything is still in one piece? if not, i can look into the issue further.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."- Chinese Proverb

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Post by amberwolf » Mar 07, 2015 1:57 am

On the blank articles I checked out, they have a "history" that does contain an actual article.

I dunno if you can just restore a previous version, or how it works there (havnet played with it before and am too tired to safely mess with thngs).

AFAICT some like Li-ion batteries "blank" article says in the History tab that it actually has something in the present article but it just isn't showing up on the rendered page?

neptronix
100 GW
100 GW

Post by neptronix » Mar 07, 2015 2:01 am

Are you talking about this page? it does have data in it.
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/L ... 28LiIon%29

Can you give me some links to pages that you know show blank, yet have a history that i can uncover?

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW

Post by amberwolf » Mar 07, 2015 2:19 am

Sorry, I misnamed the one I'd looked at--it was the LiPo article
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/L ... mer_(LiPo)
but that one now has data in it. Weird...it didn't have that when I viewed it earlier.

What I did was middle-click on every article link in the index down to Battery Safety (the last one visible on the page for me without scrolling down). Then switched to each tab and looked at the results, and the first of the Lithium battery articles was blank.

Here are some that are blank but have history data.
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Acronyms
if you look at it's "view source" tab
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php?t ... ction=edit
it does have the data there in the edit window (I didn't look at that tab for any article previously)

https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/L ... _(LiFePO4)
blank but this
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php?t ... ction=edit
shows what it should display

https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/N ... ide_(NiMH)

https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/B ... erioration

Etc.

DrkAngel
10 GW
10 GW

Post by DrkAngel » Aug 14, 2015 10:47 am

ES Wiki problems since "server change".

1. Unable to upload pictures.
2. Logged out in attempt to correct = unable to log in!

" Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "Exception"
exception 'Exception' with message 'There was a problem when connecting to the phpBB database.<br />Check your Host, Username, and Password settings.<br /><br />MySQL Error Number: 0<br />MySQL Error Message: <br /><br />' in /var/www/html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:703
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(431): Auth_phpBB->mySQLError('There was a pro...')
#1 /var/www/html/w/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(494): Auth_phpBB->connect()
#2 /var/www/html/w/includes/User.php(726): Auth_phpBB->getCanonicalName('Drkangel')
#3 /var/www/html/w/includes/User.php(318): User::getCanonicalName('Drkangel', 'valid')
#4 /var/www/html/w/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(493): User::newFromName('Drkangel')
#5 /var/www/html/w/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(629): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#6 /var/www/html/w/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(138): LoginForm->processLogin()
#7 /var/www/html/w/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(34): LoginForm->execute()
#8 [internal function]: wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#9 /var/www/html/w/includes/SpecialPage.php(851): call_user_func('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#10 /var/www/html/w/includes/SpecialPage.php(578): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#11 /var/www/html/w/includes/Wiki.php(251): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#12 /var/www/html/w/includes/Wiki.php(63): MediaWiki->handleSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#13 /var/www/html/w/index.php(114): MediaWiki->performRequestForTitle(Object(Title), NULL, Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#14 {main} "
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There, shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely, sobers us again.

I enjoy enlightening ... and enlivening the spirit of the innovators.

New & Improved - Acronym Definitions

Index - Homemade Battery Packs - Updated - November 2015

EBike Toolbox - Bargains! $

Endless Sphere Wiki

gammaray
10 W
10 W

Post by gammaray » Aug 16, 2015 5:11 pm

DrkAngel wrote:ES Wiki problems since "server change".

1. Unable to upload pictures.
2. Logged out in attempt to correct = unable to log in!

#14 {main} "
Could you give it a shot again? I changed some configuration files around.
SysAdmin Joke: A man with one clock knows what time it is – a man with two is never sure.

DrkAngel
10 GW
10 GW

Post by DrkAngel » Aug 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Able to Log In. ... Thanks

Tried uploading picture and got ...
"Upload warning

The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver. "

?
UPDATE:
Picture uploads = working properly
A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There, shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely, sobers us again.

I enjoy enlightening ... and enlivening the spirit of the innovators.

New & Improved - Acronym Definitions

Index - Homemade Battery Packs - Updated - November 2015

EBike Toolbox - Bargains! $

Endless Sphere Wiki