Made a board

Svenska

100 mW
Hiho,

after some messing around I decided to jump the gun and throw a board together with stuff I had floating around and bits borrowed from mates.

I had this NTM 5060 380Kv that a friend burned out. Rewound it 5 turns, 0.5mm wire and AacCBbaACcbB.
Sadly I didn't take any pictures during the winding :roll:

Motorholder is 3D printed in ABS, 100% infill. I put the files up on Thingiverse if there is interest.

My apologies for the shitty print quality... The hotend decided to give me a heap of grief :evil:

Other wise everything is pretty thrown together. Ductape and 27Mhz :shock: remote :mrgreen:

Here is my first try from yesterday. Turns out that printing a motor mount with 25% infill is to weak, who would have thought :mrgreen:

I keep you guys updated with further progress.

- Svenska

Well, the motor dies on me in the end. Bearing gave in...

I did a few successful rides with it non the less. Here the data I got from the best one.

Top speed: 38.5km/h
Average speed 18.3km/h
Distance: 3.3Km

I wonder how that stacks up against more advanced setups? The gearing is 40 teeth on the wheel and 13 on the motor. That is 1:3.1ish.
From what I read so far that is similar to what people achieve with double motor setups.
Regarding the top speed, there was still way to go. I think I could have hit 50ish. Sadly my trucks where way to loose for more. As I tightened them up and went to see what I can get out of it the bearing died...
Now about fixing the motor up again and casting me some better motor holders from aluminum. The printed one seems to be alright but it starts already to get soft...

- Svenska

Back