I missed out on sharing most of the build process / thoughts / obstacles on my last build (GNG middrive)
and thought I'd try to get it right this time
The idea is in my head for a while now. If the motor arrives this year ... which it won't ... it could be done soon. (or later)
Bought this for 37€ on ebay
Put bigger rubber tires on it:
and was amazed finding out you could stil buy all spare parts for cheap here
I will probabl even get air tires if I can find 110mm ones - because that's the size of the rubber ones (initally there were 80mm PU on it) - and I already had
to slightly modify the break for the wheel to fit.
I also got some busted Makita 2.5Ah, 18 V LiPo packs on ebay (paid more than I'd like to admit) ... ~50€ for 6 packs.
Those sat around for half a year having tried to revive them - and cutting the dead cells out.
Now I made this Frankenstein pack to get them balanced.
I will use my unliked bmsbattery smart bms with the pack later.
Because I'm too lazy atm to program an Attiny I just bought a servo tester for 50 cents and added a horribly expensive 20€
push potentiometer to it.
Motor will be the el cheapo Aeolian-C6374-10-KV170
ESC quite possibly from Alien Power.
That's it for now.