Here come the clones..

dirkdiggler

10 kW
Saw this on Aliexpress. Interesting board and a decent price shipped to the U.S. for $530. Looks like a 50mm motor? 8ah battery LifePO4
HTB1tsnAFVXXXXXWaXXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg

HTB15VbNFVXXXXX2XXXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg

HTB1g8v9GFXXXXaBXpXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg

HTB1yl63GFXXXXbHXFXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

HTB1vVTHFVXXXXX.XFXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

HTB1rVPBFVXXXXbiXFXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg

HTB1SWyeFVXXXXaeaXXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg

HTB1eaTNFVXXXXcwXXXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

Backfire_longboard_electric_skateboard_remote_800w.jpg

HTB19mv7GFXXXXb3XXXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

HTB13Bz5GFXXXXcfXpXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

You have to love this one :p :
Backfire_longboard_wireless_remote_control_electric_skateboard.jpg

More pictures on the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Back...onal-Leading-Manufacturer/2052369993.html?s=p

Couldn't grab a pic of the remote, but looks nice and small.

That's an awesome deal! I'm imagining the costs to build something like that.
Battery 200 (lifepo is about that I think but then it says li-ion so maybe just 100)
Motor 40
Pulleys n motor mount minimum 60
Normal board 100
Transmitter receiver 30
Bms 50

So maybe you might just make it under their price. No remote pic. That pic at the end is so typical on alibaba. And then shipping will be a lot. I'm guessing as reduce loud as 100. I've gotten bike frames shipped from China for 100 and this will be a lot heavier

Is the search function here not the best? I'll search for something like movpak and get nothing...post it up and a genie has moved my post to the discussion from months ago.

Nice board ! with a price in line with what it ought to be once the early time irrational frenzy settle down...

In you cost/price guess, you should differentiate consumer prices and industrial prices as there is ratio of at least 3 to 4 (for instance a longskate costs less than 20 usd, a 24v8Ah battery less than 80... and the small parts like motor mount or pulley account just for dollar once you invest in tooling/qtt)... and I imagine that Asian factories have much better costs than me.

Now that we have reached acceptable price level , the Eskate market will hopefully begins develop volume (in few years, such Eboard will probably cost around 250/300 usd)

very nice board.. little skeptical on the specs but it could easily be hacked into one of ours...
nice

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Don't know what remote you will actually get, but both look decent.
Found these pics off ebay. Someone in San Diego. Billy Ruff. Labeled as Street Devil. He has them listed for $800.
Here are the specs:
If you haven't tried an Electric Skateboard lately, you're missing out.

The days where Electric Skateboards weigh 40 pounds, cost $2000USD, have a range of 5 miles and break down frequently are over. We have partnered with the only factory that has advanced e-board technology to the point of affordability and performance. The Street Devil is the most advanced electric skateboard on the market today.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Motor Power 1200W
Working Voltage 24V
8 Ah Lithium-ion battery
20 MPH Top Speed
17 mile range
Recharge Time 2 hours
Radio Remote Control 2.4GHz
Grade Ability 30°
Net Weight 11 lb.
Weight Limit 230 lbs/207 kg
36"/92cm 9-ply Canadian Maple
7"/180mm Aluminum Alloy Gravity Casting Trucks 70*51mm
80% Rebound Wheels
ABEC-9 Speed Bearings
1" Carbon Steel Hardware
OS780 Grip tape
Compatible with all hardware in skateboard industry
Remote Controller Charging Cable
USB charging cable for the remote control
T Tool
Instructions

And vid:
[youtube]aWVq3B1QbwM[/youtube]

Saw some other interesting stuff on EBay. Someone selling a DIY dual emt for $1100 and again someone selling plans to build an eboard for $10(pic below). He should post some pics of something a bit nicer, c'mon step up your game! The internet is a crazy place.
8130428_orig.jpg

EMT
$_57.JPG

dirkdiggler said:
Saw this on Aliexpress. Interesting board and a decent price shipped to the U.S. for $530. Looks like a 50mm motor? 8ah battery LifePO4

More pictures on the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Back...onal-Leading-Manufacturer/2052369993.html?s=p

Couldn't grab a pic of the remote, but looks nice and small.
I lack interest in eskates but I have ridden one at a EV show and it was a lot of fun.
Excuse me if I am fat and clueless but on that aliexpress URL if I do ctrl+f I cant find the words "LifePO4" or even "Ah" anywhere on that page, as you sure you get a battery?

the ebay dude only has 1 rating.
and there's no warranty mentioned anywhere. i would be careful.

tung256 said:
the ebay dude only has 1 rating.
and there's no warranty mentioned anywhere. i would be careful.

He most proberly bought the boards from the aliexpress website and is just re-selling them.

But dude 17mile range on a 8ah battery? Makes sense?

how the hell are you supposed to know how much battery is left?

after buying many cheap chinese clones on ebay... i would not risk the $530 on it. No warranty and usually zero QA for most chinese clone products.

mccloed said:
I took the leap and bought one. Probably wont have it for at least another week. I'm willing to be a guinea pig. :D

You mentioned US retailers...Who'd you buy it from? Definitely looking forward to your review "Guinea Pig Mccloed"!

I actually bought it from the eBay guy. He accepted a cheaper offer, which I did not expect. I also noticed his zero rating after I sent the offer. Oh well. I'm used to being a guinea pig.

mccloed said:
I actually bought it from the eBay guy. He accepted a cheaper offer, which I did not expect. I also noticed his zero rating after I sent the offer. Oh well. I'm used to being a guinea pig.

I'm crossing a couple of fingers for you!

psychotiller said:
mccloed said:

I'm crossing a couple of fingers for you!

Toes crossed!!! It definitely looks very appealing!

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10629535_10153031492508646_5980665095925753374_o.jpg

im pretty sure it comes with a battery... what kind?.... i have no idea

Back