Exclusive unboxing of the VESC-X by Enertion

Got one question for you Michael. As you seem to be ultra involved into this, don't see it as offense, just a friendly question based on what I have read on many discussions around the CC license. I don't know a lot about this and a few members around me ask the following, so I will just ask it "the noob way". I cannot reply as I am not in the same position than you do.

- How can you advertise a product based on a initial design that does not provide the full gerber files to the community?
- Do you enjoy being part of company forum which is advertised as a "esk8 forum" but truly part of a business model to develop a company (i.e and make money out of that) ?

I am a bit biased on this, cause I always strive for the separation of duties, and also because I'm a bit pissed that so many moderators here (which is by essence the birth of ESK8) didn't follow Jason's idea to provide a better structure to an electric vehicle which has grown as expected. So he did the good thing in building his own forum. So the real shame would be ... a shared one.

thanks!

no worries ! on my side, if someone offers me a free product which is against my core values... I would not take it. It's always important to know your core value. Integrity is key... and money or free products should never buy this integrity factor.

Happy riding and thanks for your honesty, I was not trying to mess with you or anything like that. The fight attitude is too common on forum... but people forget their core values.

I would just disagree on one point : this is not about vendors ruling the work, this is about a community. Without the community (or people can also call that a "vendor forum"), there is no business. This is not about politics, this is about ethics and I suggested everyone to have their word on it. If the VESC-X is a better product and it's made on a VESC product which is under a CC license; why aren't the gerber file posted. That's the only thing I never got feedback on, and I see lots of people asking.

Affiliated people don't care about the community, they care about there own business and the benefits they can get from it. That's how the model is build.

you're right, so do I. But question is not why they asked it; people can ask many things. It's up to you to decide based on your knowledge of the VESC. I'm quite sure you know VESC as you build many boards... not sure you've been part of the very beginning of it as many people here on ES.

My initials questions still remains:
- How can you advertise a product based on an initial design which is under CC and a VESCX that does not provide the full gerber files to the community?
- Do you enjoy being part of company forum which is advertised as a "esk8 forum" but truly part of a business model to develop a company (i.e and make money out of that) ?

on the vendors quote, you're wrong. Benjamin Vedder is not a vendor and you can get his gerber file and get a VESC assembled. Did I miss something?

well, to be honest when I saw the video, I thought it was great content, but then I saw the affiliation code on the content.

I wanted to ask you these two simple questions on which I still have no answer. This is nothing to do with being elegant, just getting a simple feedback. My core values are about discussion and learning from each other, that's why I ask these.

okp, Enertion is just a chinese clone company, funded by onloop. Classic $ vs. ethics scenario.

It is customary however for a reviewer to clearly state upfront who the review is funded by, in this case Enertion. This stops people being falsely accused of sneaky back door advertising, fake reviews, etc.

hey Michael,

This is not my statement, it's bandaro's one.

Regarding our discussion, no problems mate. I really wanted to understand your mindset around this, as many people around me are questioning the ethics side of thing; but on the other side and it may surprise you, but I really like watching reviews from people on the ground. I have watched your video when you went outside to test the hub motors without helmet! that was a great one. I did it also in the early days.. and I felt hard with the nunchuck, was not wearing any protection... looked around me, no-one have seen... went home quickly! my girlfriend kicked my ass...! awesome moments.

Keep it going and congrats for your hard work. Making such videos, even if they are affiliated or whatsoever takes a lot of time and engagement.

Back