ITSBEENAWHILE BUILD - 12S - BUSTIN MISSION 36 DUAL REAR

okp

100 kW
Hey folks,

It's been a while since I have not posted anything related to a DIY skateboard build. I've been busy designing my brand but also riding a lot of different things, publishing video content. If you remember well, I was a good fan of the Evolve Carbon (first gen), that was my girlfriend's board. This board was pretty good except. I sold the Evolve last year. I am now building my girlfriend a deck so we can ride together as in the past.

Board is a Bustin Mission 38. The deck is really comfy for a girl and pretty agile. Wheels/Trucks is a pretty standard rock solid setup. Calibers 184mm with Kegels. I took some Bones Ceramic for the fun of it.

Regarding the mounts, well... I went for the one I designed from scratch. Don't want to use epoxy again or get the alignement problems. Dual transmission on 6355 motors. 32T/15T in 15mm.

Remote is GT2B with a mad munkey enclosure.

I plan to 3D print the enclosures but we're not here yet.

That's gonna be a new little rocket on 12S !

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7544.jpg

Happy to be back for a DIY build.

Enjoy !

I moved a bit forward since the last post. I am now looking for a 12S BMS 40A, as I will shunt the discharge.

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

Here goes the beast.

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7553.jpg

Mount are really straightforward, it's like lego.

IMG_7555.jpg

I attach the first mount

IMG_7556.jpg

then the second one on the hanger

IMG_7557.jpg

I don't screw them, just in place as the bar will make the whole stuff rock solid and perfectly aligned.

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

That's it ! Tomorrow, I will place the drivers on the wheels and start designing the 3D box for the battery and VESC

:D

I'm actually thinking of the battery enclosure. Usually I would go with two enclosure because of the flex... but Evolve didn't go this way.

BustinMissionEvolve1-560x373.jpg

I was about to 3D print the enclosure and do exactly the same than they did... so maybe there's as possibility to get one single slim box over the whole deck like they did. The enclosure is plastic (I assume ABS) and it flex fine without breaking.

any thoughts ?!

[youtube]WjYXPsjwKFc[/youtube]

evolve1.jpg

BustinMissionEvolve1-560x373.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hey, I'm continuing to build. Here's an update. I am now going for a 10S build. Will weld the 18650 Sony VTC5A. Did the enclosure design and started to print it while improving it.

IMG_7567.jpg

impressionbustin.png

boitB.png

boitA.png

boitC.png

bustinthread1.png

bustinthread2.png

bustimp1.png

bustimp2.png

bustingoprint.png

IMG_7573.jpg

middlesec.png

Enjoy !

Hey Silvia,

It's a ZYYX+ 3D Printer, the printing area is quite good but not 42cm to print it in one go. I am also printing it as blocks so I can modify the enclosure progressively.

The enclosure I went for is like 15cmx41cmx2,4cm as I am going for dual vesc, bms, antispark... so I may refine the end of the enclosure to fit this.

On the other side, I'm really happy to see how easy and straightforward/reliable the mounts I designed work. It's like a lego!

Keep riding!

I should be getting the 18650 cells today; so I will weld the pack and see how this goes. Regarding the finish, my plans are either to leave the box as it is... or apply 2K epoxy primer... Just don't know yet, as the epoxy primer may remove some details (especially the logo)... well I'll figure this out later !

the ZYYX+ printer is really doing well, especially from a 3D printer newbie like me. It's plug and play, no maintenance.

I ordered the BMS and the two VESCs, will continue the print when I have all these in my hands to ensure a good fit in the remaining part of the box, as the first sections were for the battery (which is straightforward)

remainingbox1.png

remainingbox2.png

2k-aerosol-primer-epoxy.jpg

okp said:
Hey Silvia,

It's a ZYYX+ 3D Printer, the printing area is quite good but not 42cm to print it in one go. I am also printing it as blocks so I can modify the enclosure progressively.

The enclosure I went for is like 15cmx41cmx2,4cm as I am going for dual vesc, bms, antispark... so I may refine the end of the enclosure to fit this.

On the other side, I'm really happy to see how easy and straightforward/reliable the mounts I designed work. It's like a lego!

Keep riding!

Well I am trying to make my own battery pan for my scooter. Could I pay you for one? I could probably do the cad file to save you the time of making it.

Back