Wiring diagram for 6pin hall sensors

zeroonea

10 mW
my FVT sleeping lion 120A has a 6pin port for hall sensors. Usually 3 hall sensors wiring will have 5 pin

I searched for a while but could not find a diagram for the connector. You are right, only 5 wires are needed.
The seller should provide documentation for the connector. I checked several places selling these but did not see any instructions.

Pretty lame if they don't supply the pinout for the connector.

If you have a voltmeter, you could power it up and measure the voltage on the pins coming out of the ESC. One of the pins should be connected to the battery negative and read zero. One of the pins should show about 5v and probably comes off the BEC. The 3 signal lines will be around 5v with nothing connected to them but will drop if you place a resistor to ground (like 1k - 10k resistor).

I have voltmeter. It has black and red wires. Where I should point red and black needle?

You can possibly blow it up if you short two pins with the meter probe. Best if you have a mating connector and a safe way to probe the wires. Put the black meter probe on the main battery black wire. That's ground on most systems and the reference for the other voltages.

First I would leave the controller disconnected from the battery (no risk of blowing up anything) and put the meter in ohms to see if one of the pins is connected to the battery negative wire. One of them should be near zero ohms.

With power on, measure each pin and look at the voltage readings. Once we have that, we can go from there.

I have never worked on this model of ESC, so a lot of testing has to substitute for experience.

this is what i have for a diagram that might help...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,049
Back