Stand up scooter motor

Ramsart

10 µW
Does anyone know how to trouble shoot or test a motor if its faulty. Below are specs of the motor.

- 350 watts
- 36 volts
- sensor type 5 pins

Initially the scooter was working good untill i lost throttle response then i tried to replace the speed controller with a known working one it did work for a while then speed read outs disappeared and now it shows no throttle response again althought the ebrake still works.

If it still works to ebrake, then the motor and the controller are both working correctly, as far as motor control is concerned.

It sounds like the problem is in the throttle, if that is what is not working. What voltage do you read at each wire from the throttle, with the black voltmeter lead connected to the negative wire of the battery? Test first with the throttle at zero, then test it at a few different positions up to full throttle.

You can test it at the connector between throttle and controller first, at hte back of the connector. If you can't reach that, you can poke the red voltmeter wire into the actual wire itself, so it pokes thru the insulation and into the conductor.

Hi thanks for the reply initially i though it the throttle but i teste with a know working throttle and still no response. I also tested continuity of the cable leads all seams to be ok.

What i find weird is although ebrake is responsive And i can wake the system up with pushing the scooter or providing motion to the motor i dont see any speedometer activity. Previously if i crank or push the scooter around speedo will come up with readings now it doesnt

Ok just an update on this I was checking the motor originals spec given to me was 36 volts 350 watts.

Upon closer inspection of the motor i saw that its 36 volts 500 watts would this make a difference am I frying my 350 watts controller?

label on the motor say FLD36V350W16080595 im kinda new to this and knowledge is close Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Back