GOPED ESR750 Battery Question

pattyballs

10 mW
Hello,
I have been browsing the forum recently after aqcuiring a Goped ESR750. It is currently 100% stock when it comes to the electronics and i would like to change that. I have view multiple "builds" and setups here but most are several years old at this point. I wanted to see what people are currently running in ESR's and find the best "User Friendly" setup to install. I have very little experience with electronics and would like to learn a little but find a very easy to use, build and maintain. Thank you in advance!

I am curious if these batteries would be a good fit? Maybe get 4 of the 24v 10Ah? Thoughts?

https://www.uumotor.com/webstore/accessories/24v36v48v60v-li-ion-battery

That battery is a little weak for the ESR750. Ad states 15A continuous. You should look for something that can do 50A.

By replacing the lead bricks with lithium batteries, you could probably triple the range and reduce the weight quite a bit.

What are the dimensions of the battery compartment? Or measure the stock batteries.

Hey,
Thanks for the response! I have 4 SLA batteries currently. They are 5.95 L X 2.56 W X 3.7 H. I do have the deck spacer too which gives me some extra room to work with. What 50AH batteries are a more or less "Plug and Play" option?

Is there anyone that can work with me in making some custom 18650 Packs with the needed monitors and PCM/BMS?

check my youtube channel: portable electric vehicles. I did conversion of Goped esr 750H to brushless 6374 with 170kv and 10S li-ion 18650 plus the focbox. 25 mph geared and 16 miles in range with 22 amp pack.

A custom 18650 pack would be fairly easy for someone with the right tools.

I think you want your pack to be able to supply 50A maximum current, not 50Ahr capacity (two different things).

Does anyone know of a quality battery builder? I have been doing a lot of research and think i would like to have some custom packs made to be plug and play.

Back