Yamaha Wave jammer electric conversion

dirkdiggler

10 kW
I wanted to start on an electric surfboard, but got carried away building electric mt. boards and longboards. I found an old wavejammer that was a deal. I have pulled the motor and other ICE crap and am ready to mount the c80-100 motor and batteries. Total project to see what kind of power I can generate with just the one motor at 48v. I need the jet drive, but thought I'd wire it up and use the hull of the ski first before I get a board designed and made. The hull is however much heavier than I would have thought/hoped. Probably still weighs two hundred pounds without the ICE stuff. Not like the foam surfboard or carbon fiber hull of 30lbs. The motor should run at 8000rpm which is equivalant to the original motor.

$T2eC16RHJHUFFisSw87qBR8!lVqD2w~~48_35.JPG

Here's my goal without the global warming engine:
[youtube]ued-lMSNkow[/youtube]

They use an 80cc engine which should be close to what an 80-100 motor is. Just doesn't include the $15k price tag. Crossing my fingers that I can get something worked out before the snow season.

Cool. Little jet ski looks like fun, and a perfect start, good luck. Cooling that motor is going to be your #1 challenge. Like you said, that thing is heavy, even to cruise you are going to be pulling a lot of power. I would think you would be better off with a motor with alot more mass + water cooling.

Back