1001 Hours On A DPV

EastWest

1 µW
Thanks all of you for membership to this forum . It has been a long journey with these diver propulsion vehicles and must say the light at the end of this tunnel is nice . I have just completed and now testing a very serious machine . With no formal education but creativity and moderate attention deficit + 1001 hours now having some spectacular results . Being dumb and doing things backward helps , research none and designing with no paper . I was embarrassed to show it 20 years ago because of using a trolling motor until seeing that the Navy had a 80 pound thrust Motorguide on their DPV . I was scared to tackle the electrical but did a good job . Sorry about boasting but paid a ton of time and sweat . Built the battery module from a 2010 Ford Hybrid which have 204 D cells . With a copper plate, hack saw and drill made all buss bar connections and the total weight near 70 pounds . The motor is 36 volt so I built a 40 volt module . I made the mistake by not charging the cells assuming the published specifications were accurate . It has 45 volts now which may be the limit but do not no for sure . Post a few pictures soon , Thanks EastWest .

Back