Dillenger 250 watt

Got a voltmeter? Charged voltage should be ~42V. Although I think you've already proven there's a problem with yours. Did you tell them about your test? You can put together a 10ah 12s rc lipo pack from HK AU for about $150
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=19499

I would get a voltmeter as wesnewell recommends.

I have fixed problem battery packs as you described. The way i fixed them was to open up the pack. With a voltmeter probe between cell 1 and 2 then between 2 and 3 then 3 and 4 etc. etc and check each voltage reading. You will see which cell is weak and then you need to charge just that cell up to the same voltage as the rest of the pack.
I used an iCharger and a balance buddy from http://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/

This is the dilemma, when buying battery packs. Sometimes they sit for months and years in a warehouse before they ship out and when they ship out one or more of the cells may be low due to the BMS drawing a small amount of current on one cell and create this problem.

If you can open it up and take pictures where the BMS connects to the pack and we can guide you from there.

Good luck

Thanks Tats, I have sent you a PM but it doesnt seem to work, the message stays in the out box and doesnt send??

Anyway, woul be great to check my battery with your controller, I am available for the next 3 weeks till I go back to work.

Cheers Graeme

I think it stays in the outbox until the other party checks their inbox - sent u a PM with contact details.

Thinking Wednesday meet on the bike path starting from freeway to goollelal so we can go up the steep hill a few times and watch the behaviour. I'm free between 8 and 11:30 wed. Let me know if that suits and if u pick up my pm from earlier today. Rich

you don't need a reply if you just measure the cell voltages yourself. that will tell you everything you need to know. measure them on the BMS sense wire plug while charging. post up here.

Dillenger tells me their customer support is now 24/7 "So we’ve changed our entire customer service model to provide 24/7 care!" I know I am getting on abit but I can't find the number, searched their web site and the only number I can find is from 9 - 4.
I have sent an email but no reply.
Getting a little bit annoyed as they have had my battery for 3 weeks and my controller for another week before that.
It would be nice if they kept in touch to let their valued customers know whats going on.
The weather has been perfect riding weather and I am in the car. :(
Hopefully they might read this and let me know whats up.

Thanks guys, Tom contacted me yesterday morning and my goods are on return to sunny Perth.
Dillenger are sending me a new battery so thats a good thing.
Hopefully I am in for many trouble free kms on my ebike.
Cheers

I high sided hard on my bike with the same kit today. I was running the high setting on the PAS and giving it some good pedal, came to a corner on the bike path and thought to myself too late that there was sand on that corner. Slid out, flew off the bike and copped some major gravel rash. Hopped back on, and no worries. I have a small buckle in the drive wheel (high side will do that), which I will true up tonight.

leg.jpg

Gloves. Always wear them when you ride.

Ooohhh that's got to sting a bit. Hope you're on the mend.

+1 on the gloves comment. After hitting the deck hard about a yr ago I never ride w/o them.

Yeah I'm all good, but I broke the battery carrier, it will be a simple repair. Pretty sore today.

G'day Sam, thanks for that offer. I logged a call and was told I could buy a replacement or see if I could put it back together, which I don't mind since it was a crash and I didn't want to waste an almost new unit. I got some larger thread screws ($1 at specialty fasteners, slightly long but ok on my bike) and re threaded the mount and put it all back together, was going to use some silicone glue but didn't need it. It's solid (even though it has a slight bend) so that's cool for now and I'll hit you up for a discount on one if it doesn't hold together. It did 22km today and was fine. Also re did the wires with the connectors in an old tube so they were a bit tidier.

Before:
broken-battery-carrier.jpg

After:
fixed-battery-carrier.jpg

Hope to be back on next week.

With regard to contacting Dillenger, (in my experience) the Queensland phone number takes you to " Sales" and the technical people seem never to come to the phone. I have been dealing with this team for two months overan issue, and pleading with one of the team to phone me. I have had over 20 emails and still not one person will actually speak with me!

Falling off is the downside to riding bikes I guess.
Recieved my battery and controller back from dillenger and all is good once again.
Dillenger replaced my battery with a new one so that was very nice.
Only problem with the service i recieved was that it was a bit slow but i guess I am not the customer:)
As I explained to Dillenger in their customer service survey, these products are becoming so efficient and generally reliable that they have become a main mode of commuting to work (for me anyhow) and when they are not working commuting becomes a pain.
Anyway, life is good again and my commute is once again an enjoyable activity to be looked forward to and not one to be loathed, and i am recieving an hour of moderate exercise daily and saving money on fuel.
Only small problem I have now is the speedo does not work, will look at that on the weekend.
cheers all and thanks Tats for the use of the controller and thanks Dillenger for the repairs.

Thanks for the reply Sam, the speedo and the odometer are not working, the battery indicator is working.
I have taken the small battery in the speedo unit out and replaced it, it now flashes with a LU i think it is and returns to the normal screen but still no speedo.
Cheers

Back