Large display Drain Brain, first test.

Lowell

100 kW
Now there will be no problem seeing the numbers on my videos. :D

kW readout is a welcome addition for folks with higher powered setups, and a quick test of the internal current limiting shows that it works very nicely even down at 10 amps.

http://ebikes.ca/drainbrain.shtml

Under 'large format LCD'

I believe this will be an option on the next production run, but not sure on cost.

The guy's a genius with a vision - just what every good revolution deserves :!:

I understand that these larger displays were the result of a mix-up with Justins' supplier.. but might well be a boon for Lowells' videos. It only needs a larger housing to protect it from the wet.

Maybe a custom carbon/kevlar enclosure?

Rawk-on!

-S

Stevil_Knevil said:
I understand that these larger displays were the result of a mix-up with Justins' supplier.. but might well be a boon for Lowells' videos. It only needs a larger housing to protect it from the wet.

Maybe a custom carbon/kevlar enclosure?

-S

The mix-up with the display manufacturer was actually on the standard size modules, as I wanted one that would have a header style which would allow the same DB circuit to be compatible with both the regular and large format displays, but the first batch of regular sized displays they made had the wrong header orientation by mistake.

Anyways I'm excited about the possibilty of the more legible LCD screens. I only got a small sample of these displays to allow me to source and figure out a suitable enclosure, and once that's all sorted out then I'll be able to offer both a regular and large version of the meter. All the functionality will be the same. The large one isn't for everyone's handlebar, but for vehicles that approach motor bike and electric car status I think the big screen will be appreciated.

-Justin

Justin_Le,
Take a look at this
dispdemo_549.jpg

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1095
Topic = Too much information? by Maxwell
This is how I think a battery gauge should look. I like bars. My simple mind don't like numbers. MPH can be numbers.
You build it.... I buy it :)

Way cool. Great for us old guys that can't see good anymore.

Any progress on the new name for this thing?

Back