Crow Cycle Co. double leg Kickstand 570-001

stanz

100 W
I got tired of my bike tipping over so I ordered a double leg kickstand from Crow Cycle Company http://www.crowcycle.com based on a recommendation by auraslip. I purchased it from their ebay listing because the shipping was $1 less for some reason.

Shipping: FAST, same day order was placed, Priority Mail Flat Rate Box.

Packing: Fine, bubble pouches, it didn't shake rattle, or roll.

Product: I ordered the model 570-001 all steel unit, the strongest kickstand they have. Steel uppers and steel threaded rod shipped cost was $29.94.

This is a nice hefty piece, it looks more like a motorcycle kickstand than a unit for a bike ... just what I need.

I haven't installed it yet, my bike is in the shop getting the crank bearings looked at. I'll update the review when I get it on the bike.

Edit: ebay id for Crow Cycles is http://myworld.ebay.com/darcro775

I also have this kick stand i think i had for almost two yeras now and its pretty good kick stand but beware the lttle feet tend to fall off so i would get some epoxy and glue that sucker on so you wont have to worry but overall its a good investment for light and heavy e-bikes !

Very good kickstand. I just put one on my 100+ pound longtail and it's working excellently! Good price, came fast, I'm very happy.

They have some very nice saddles too at crowcycles, if you like the leather kind.

I agree, excellent kickstand. Two lessons learned from a noob:
1) Tighten the lock nuts for the adjustable legs tight. One of mine fell off during my commute. Crow was able to send me a replacement leg for $5.
2) The leg of the kickstand touches my chain. Crow suggested installing steel or aluminum plate under the bike frame to create some space. I ended up using stacked layers of cut up bicycle tube and duct tape. There is some movement and I need to adjust the kickstand and retighten the bolt every so often but it is worth it.

Any chance of a long term update for this stand? I keep looking back at it, shipping to the UK more than doubles the price but my current stand lifts the wheel way high off the ground when used (and can't be shortened because of the leg shape). There's not too much choice of heavy duty stands with adjustable legs, a couple of others I've considered but this has dogmans approval along with other peoples- it has to be taken seriously and could be worth the very high shipping cost to the UK.

Anyone using their double folding side kick stand?

http://www.crowcycleco.com/bicycle-kickstand-double-leg-side-folding-black.html

I've just been through the process of getting a 2 legged main stand and would recommend the Ursus- I'd looked at the the one you've linked to but the Ursus is more substantial, and the leg are further apart making it very steady. It costs more than the one you've mentioned but is sturdier.
link

The all steel is realy good

has anyone tried the alloy version of the double leg kickstand ?

Alloy versions suck compared to this stand. I've had 4. This is by far the strongest and most reliable. Ordering a 3rd one today.

The aluminium one has shed lumps of its plastic coating, and it has 'settled'- both wheels touch the ground at the same time as both legs of the stand. I'll try a steel one next time.

Back