the Mongoose Blackcomb to ebike

Doctorbass

100 GW
I'm interested to put 300$ to move my electric kit to another bike with full suspensions.

The reason is that the road here are not bery secure and a 5305 without rear suspension become difficult to drive.

I reed alot of good comments about the Mongoose Blackcomb mountain bike.

I know it is from Walmart.. but the 43lbs it weight and the heavy alluminium is just enough for me and the dropout of my hub motor.

The room availlable under the center frame seems interesting to put at least 1kWh of lithium battery.

What do you think about upgrading to this bike?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxW5Rj_53f8&feature=related[/youtube]

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4698935

blackcomb090606_4.jpg

Doc

Its a Nice bike for bang for buck ...

Where will you put your batteries thou.. you will have to find places like my bike lol .. seat post rack... underneath the frame .. hmm custom box???

-steveo

Can't help ya as I don't have one. But keep an eye on eBay...ebay 26" Men's Mongoose Blackcomb Mountain Bike 190 bucks (in the US shipped) ebay 26" - at least so far in this auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-MONGOOSE-26-INCH-BLACKCOMB-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-R4696WM_W0QQitemZ280213918406QQihZ018QQcategoryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been looking at the blackcomb too:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=mongoose+blackcomb+site%3Acraigslist.org

:mrgreen:

My black comb:

FAM_COMB_5_BLACK-2606.jpg

(No, srsly. This is actually the exact same kind of comb I use XD.)

Nice and solid bike there. That water bottle area is the perfect place for the controller. Given you have mudguard of course to keep the spray from going in the controller. You have plenty of lithium so you could easily set up a pack to fit on a seat post rack and some in that dip in the frame. If you keep everything built vertically you don't think you would have problem peddling at all.

I GOT IT ON EBAY !!!! 156$ 23 bids!!!

I got great pics of the bike profile and here what i plan to do with for the controller, the battery pack and the cycleanalyst.
I want the lowest center of gravity as possible to keep a good control on it. I'll also protect the battery case from the front wheel spray.

Cool, cool.

So, what happens with the Trek once you get the stuff off it?

Mathurin said:
Cool, cool.

So, what happens with the Trek once you get the stuff off it?

:wink:

I will probably re-install all the stuff on the new bike... The main idea is to have an ebike WITH REAR suspensions!! :mrgreen:

All the large putholes in our street pavement in Quebec are very dangerous... and i would'nt like that one day you hear news from me from Mathurin saying that he seen me on the newspaper nechrology page!!!

Stability is very improtant with powerfull ebike like we have.. The lowest gravity center for the battery placement .. and a good suspension system are a must!

Doc

EMF said:
Doctorbass said:
I GOT IT ON EBAY !!!! 156$ 23 bids!!!

HAHAHHAHAHA! You Da Man! Dude, you are kicking major ass on ebay with several different ebike items. LOL

thanks EMF :wink:

I learned about ebay trick very fast i think :lol:

Doc

Where's the E-Blackcomb Doc Bass? Did it fizzle or end up being a piece of junk?

D-Man said:
Where's the E-Blackcomb Doc Bass? Did it fizzle or end up being a piece of junk?

I got it.. and i'm working on it.

I have several problems, like the rear disk brake that just dont fit with my X5 motor.. but i'll solve that soon.

The main problem now is to finish the new 24" rim and spokes install... and to finish the new 2.21kWh battery pack :mrgreen:

pics soon!

Doctorbass said:
... and i would'nt like that one day you hear news from me from Mathurin saying that he seen me on the newspaper nechrology page!!![/quote="Mathurin"][/quote="Doctorbass"]

PRICELESS

Back