Online orders - what to consider?

gabryeludrea

100 µW
Hello!

As I decided to build myself an electric bike I started looking online, for places where I can order what I need.

I chose a Bafang 48V/500W (18A controller) together with a Samsung frame battery pack 46.8V/11Ah containing 13S 4P 29E cells. After I have seen some good reviews I have decided to give em3ev.com a try. The seller is known as Paul, and he has a good reputation.

Now, I am not very familiarised with that kind of orders, so I am quite confused about some points.

1. Where should I expect to receive the package, at my home or to the local post office?
2. I have heard about courier shipping options, for example, my shipping option of choice will be Battery DHL, which if I am not wrong is a courier shippment. Does it mean that a courier will bring it to my home? In that case what happens if I am not home? I work Monday to Friday till 4PM so I am not home all the time.
3. From your experience, how much do you think it could take untill I will receive the package? For the next 30 days I am living in Norway and I would like to get the items as soon as possible, and getting them while I am here would be perfect, as I could build my ebike as soon as I will return to my home coutry. Do you think it is possible?
4. What is your experience with customs taxes? Do I have to expect to pay some?

I would aprreciate a lot if you can shed some light.

Thank you!
Gabriel

Ask Paul. He can give you the best advise based on his experience. You madea good choice in vendors, his support is second to none. Excellent pricing given the level of service, support, and response. My process took just over 12 working days.
Enjoy, you made a good choice in drives and resellers!

Tom

tomjasz said:
Ask Paul. He can give you the best advise based on his experience. You madea good choice in vendors, his support is second to none. Excellent pricing given the level of service, support, and response. My process took just over 12 working days.

Tom

Thank you Tom, for your answer and the good thoughts!
Can you give some details about how the things worked?
What shipping option you chose, where did you receive it (home or local post office), customs taxes, etc.
Thanks!

gabryeludrea said:
tomjasz said:

Tom

Thank you Tom, for your answer and the good thoughts!
Can you give some details about how the things worked?
What shipping option you chose, where did you receive it (home or local post office), customs taxes, etc.
Thanks!
I placed my order for delivery to my home address. The shipping tracking came from Paul's guy Moon a few days later. Another couple of days and tracking numbers were sent. Once Fed Ex, the BBSxx, and DHL the battery, came with signature required. Post office acceptance is not an option here. In the USA there was no tax. I think they understand how to package and label to get the best rate should there be fees. I haven't a clue about Norway.

The battery did take the longest but, again, questions Paul can best answer.

Thanks!
I already sent an email to Paul with everything I need to know and I am waiting for his answer. But I am also interested in others experiences and opinions so everyone is welcomed to post share them

But, Tom, 12 working days including the battery, or only the motor?

I got mine from em3ev a few weeks ago. I picked the only battery option that was available to Canada. I had it shipped to my office as I figured it would arrive during the day. It ended up shipping through fedex and took about 2 weeks. I had to pay $28 upon drop off (import tax and fees). Overall I am very happy, just wish I had more money to fill the boxes with all the other stuff from the em3ev shelves, that will have to wait for the next order ...

If you are not home when the courier arrives they will leave a Notice Of Delivery note in your mailbox or stuck to your door, it will have the tracking number on it and a toll fee number, you can call them and arrange an alternate delivery address or for them to hold it at the nearest location for you to pick it up.

Duties and Brokerage vary by country.. here in NB Canada, 13% of declared value + brokerage fee. :x

Back