Ypedal Kit

2old

100 kW
Several months ago I purchased a 350w geared rear hub kit from Ypedal. The transaction was seamless as Gaston is extremely easy to interact with. The kit arrived promptly, was well packaged and all components were provided including thumb and twist throttles so as to allow a choice. The original platform was a Mongoose Mastiff for my friend's granddaughter. We were going to make a front hub conversion with the rear hub since the spacing on the fat tire bmx bike was 135mm. However, eventually the kit was used as a rear hub conversion on a Mongoose Dolomite. It was necessary to bend the 205mm rear of the steel frame to accommodate the 135 hub and make a spacer in order to move the freewheel over about 1.5"' or so; all in all, pretty easy. Purchased a 36V, 15ah battery from Ping and a Luna Cycles bag and completed the assembly. Just want to say that the bike performed perfectly on its initial run. I needed to send Gaston a couple of emails over the course of the protracted project and he ALWAYS RESPONDED PROMPTLY AND COURTEOUSLY. THANK YOU, GASTON.

Nelson, I vote for the opus.
I've also started an installation with a 1000w ebay kit. This makes me appreciate Ypedal's quality parts and connections even more acutely.
I would have written more, but the entire operation was too straight forward.

I put about 5K miles on a MXUS frt. and while wiring up a new controller, mis-wired it and blew the Halls. Then I ran it sensorless for another couple of thousand miles before selling it to a friend. He rides it every day and has, maybe another thousand on it.
I think the wheel bearings are getting a little noisey, but it's still going strong.
The MXUS is one tuff motor.

P.S. And the wheel ASM is built like a tank, all those miles and it has never seen a spoke wrench.

So far i have not had a single motor failure, the weakest link is the display's handlebar mount will easily break ( if you flip the bike upside down without moving it out of the way for example ) .. it an be removed and bypassed.. connect the RED and BLUE wires and seal all the others out of the way, the kit will stay on and be in High mode, with no display ! 8)

http://www.mxusebikekit.com/shop_show.asp?cid=52

The FX07 in the Sim. is a low speed motor(210), which is very rare in the real world.
The Outrider is, I believe, a MXUS geared clone, which doesn't seem to perform as well as the MXUS.
But the std. has the same motor speed as the MXUS geared(260 @ 36V).
Things are complicated somewhat because several vendors here in the US who sell the MXUS under a different name and deny that it is a MXUS. One, in particular, has a nasty habit of selling the high-speed version for ad copy reasons(20mph plus on 36 V).
For many this is not the best combo and unfortunately, gives a great motor a bad name..

I live in USA, a year ago I was searching the internet for a 29" kit and could not find one anywhere so I seen this private site in Canada called YPEDAL he also sold 26" kits but I thought I would ask him if he knew where I could get one, Gaston said he would build one for me, I was elated. So I asked him a few questions and told him I climbed alot of mountains and did not care much about speed but needed alot of torque, I ended up getting the 36v kit, I asked him how many watts it was and he told me that was false information and to find out how many watts you were running just use a little bit of math (volts x amps = watts). Anyway I got the kit, installed it and put a trailer on back and climbed mountains all summer (survivalist). This motor is very powerful and trustworthy however, don't get your led wet, I broke mine and would get water in it only when I washed the bike, did fine in the rain. It did not matter if you were on dirt or asphalt this thing is a climbing machine. Every time I have a question about my bike Gaston is always happy to help. I am extremely happy about my purchase with ypedal and if anyone asks about ebikes will happily recomend him. Thanks Gaston YPEDAL.

Nelson37 said:
Here's a tip for that problem with the LED display if you turn the bike over for maintenance.

Just lose, accidentally OR on purpose, the little nut that holds the screw on for the handlebar mount and use some zip ties to hold it, it then just magically swivels out of the way when you upend the bike. Also handy for rotating the display to slightly less visible when in questionable parking situations.

That is one teeny-tiny little nut.

Well over 4,000 miles now, very happy with my purchase.

How would this application be on a Catrike Expedition trike. Nick R.

Back