52V LUNA CYCLE BATTERY

2old

100 kW
Purchased a 52V, 10ah Samsung battery from Eric and used it for a 750w BBS02 conversion. The battery, which was very inexpensive, was 58.4V when fully charged and seems to power the system perfectly. Will update as the miles are accumulated.

About one month of use and this battery seems a perfect match for the BBS02. Have only used it for 16 mile errands averaging half charge, but the display doesn't register any drop in available power (I realize that it's not linear). Bike rides nicely in pedal only mode in case of an extended voyage.
Will try the battery on a YES 1000w, 48V system today. Hoping for 30+ mph, but that may be optimistic.

Looking forward to your results. What controller are you using with it with the Yescom DD motor?

I just got the same exact package from Luna, for my Montague folder conversion. I didn't go with the new HD 1000 watt Bafang since I'll be carrying this in my (small) airplane and the HD is about 3 lbs heavier I hear. Plus the performance of the 750, especially with the control mod Luna does, seems more then adequate. My battery came out of the box at the same voltage. As soon as I complete my other build (a ready to ride Trail Viper fat tired folder, the build consists of building a custom box for it on my crane :shock:) when I get that all tweaked out it will be time for the Montague project :p .

Lupulin, thanks for asking; the controller is YES' 30 amp that comes stock with the rim brake kit. Battery mated beautifully and acceleration was more than acceptable, but haven't hooked up speedometer yet. Fun running with traffic while doing my errands. A friend, who owns a local bike shop (about 140 pounds compared to my 175) was almost able to wheelie the bike. Can't say enough about the battery since it's perfect for BBS02 and 750w, 48V hub system. Problem with speed is you (I) always want more.

CPG, look for tats or byebyepetrol's review of BBSxx; there may be (was on mine) a gap between the mounting plate and engine where you need to put a spacer (washer).

Back