Armada Invader 60v from mr scooterbooost

mark.curry3

100 W
invader1.jpg
Living in Florida, I searched for a new bike to replace my aging Green Flyer bike (48v, 350w) with little luck. Most of what was available was simply a newer version with slightly more wattage and the same old problems.
after searching the internet, I contacted several dealers in canada and could not find anyone who would ship to florida. Finally, I contacted larry and he had just sent a scooter to florida and told me he could help.
The bike he suggested was the 60v Armada Invader with a 1000w motor, labeled as a 500w for import. with the current exchange rate, it made this bike look good. the price was $2095 canadian plus $500 shipping. I did not want the Lead batteries so he discounted the bike for those. The total price was $1,765, US (as I said, great exchange rate).
I just got my 60v armada invader a few days ago after 4 days in customs while they tried to figure out what it was. My first job was to assemble it, which was not as difficult as I had imagined. Putting on the front tire, handlebars and pedals (to keep things legal) seemed more daunting than it turned out to be. then, I went to put in my battery.
I got a LifePo4 from aliexpress for about $800. I choose the 40AH because the next size down was 20ah, and that just was not enough.
At first, it would not fit. I thought I had really screwed up. But after cutting the battery box (it is thicker metal than I had imagined) and cutting into the under seat storage to make room, I got it in and hooked up.
View attachment 1
When I first took off, I nearly fell off. This thing has more pickup than most cars I have driven. It shoots out and gets you into traffic and up to speed quickly. the governor keeps you at around 17 mph, but can be turned off and on easily without opening up anything. Once off, I was cruising at 21 to 23 mph. I say cruising because it has cruise control which sets after you have been going a steady speed for several seconds.
There is another control which can be used to increase power. I haven't used it yet because i haven't needed it, but the other person I spoke with who bought one here in Florida said he got his up over 30 mph... and he is using the lead batteries. Using this control does use more of the battery power, but I don't know how much yet.
The large tubeless scooter tires give a smooth and quiet ride and the brakes work great (disc on front, too).
The headlights are bright (my old bike was scary to ride at night) and the speed display is easy to read day or night. the only thing that in not perfect is the inaccuracy of the speedo. But that seems to be the case with most bikes. I finally checked my speed with my GPS app.
Overall, I would highly recommend this bike and mr scooterboost.
In my decision phase, I exchanged nearly 100 emails with Larry. He always answered promptly and gave honest answers to even my dumbest of questions.

Update on Armada.
Riding this thing is a whole new experience from my old bike. I still can't get over the pickup and smooth ride. The only issue I have is with the speedo. It is so far off that it it reads over 40kph when going 32kph. I think it was designed for larger diameter wheels. By some coincidence, it does make conversion to MPH easier in that speed range because the display is approx 2x the actual MPH..

Back