China and South East Asia Trade

Lessss

1 MW
20922-3 http://www.world-shop1.com/china-two-wheels-vehicles/images/bicycles/2516_electric_bycicle_20922-3%20blue.jpg

2020922-3 http://www.world-shop1.com/china-two-wheels-vehicles/images/bicycles/2516_velo_electrique_%2020922-3%20red.jpg

These look interesting. Anyone ever come across them or their like?

Electric, PAS (pedal assisted system), pedal system
Front drum brake, rear fold brake
180W power output, high apeed brushless motor with pernanent magnet, built into rear wheel hub
24V, 12Ah, sealed lead acid (with CE approval), charger with ranges from AC 90V to 240V (with UL, CE approvals)

Aluminium anti-rust rim, double front & rear light, front and rear mudguard, micro-adjust seat post, non-graded accelerator
Material: ABS
DATA 20922-3 / 2020922-3
Type electric with pedal system
(PAS = pedal assisted system)
Front brakes drum brakes
Rear brakes rear fold brake
Power (output) 180W
Motor high apeed brushless motor with pernanent magnet,
built into rear wheel hub 24V
Battery 12Ah, sealed lead acid (with CE approval),
charge with ranges from AC 90V to 240V (with UL, CE approvals)
Rim aluminium anti-rust rim
Material ABS
Maximum speed 20 km/h
Charge time 6 to 8 hours
Sundry double front & rear light,
front and rear mudguard,
micro-adjust seat post,
non-graded accelerator

Attachments

• 2516_electric_bycicle_20922-3 blue_small1.jpg
    2516_electric_bycicle_20922-3 blue_small1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 3,594
  • 2516_velo_electrique_ 20922-3 red_small1.jpg
    2516_velo_electrique_ 20922-3 red_small1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,598
Thanks Ypedal but that post is pointing out the genaral rule of thumb of beware China, and it's referring to cast iron wheeled bikes.

I do agree it looks kinda interesting that the frame appears to be cast iron.

Great stuff. I can't see the bike's frame so why would it be presumed "cast iron", of all things? There's no less suitable material for a bike frame unless

unless is it malleable iron. Cast malleable.
And what that is, is an old and well proven technique: the casting's is converted to semi-steel by a carbonizing process of long soakage at cherry heat in a packing of carbon-bearing material. It may be cast steel.
Auto parts today like con rods and crankshafts are mostly all cast iron
or cast steel.

The old process when done properly yields malleable iron of great strength and excellent fatigue resistance.
The Model T had a couple of malleable iron castings: the differential housings. They could get distorted, bent out of line in service.
To repair you'd bend them cold.

So if there are cast iron bike frames--they need not be bad. They could be good in their way. I suppose the weight would tend to be high, but they need not ever break.

Aluminum was early exploited by auto makers--in the 1910s.
Crankcases were cast wholly of aluminum, with arms at four corner to mount to ladder-style chassis frames.

Aluminum then was called "The Trouble Metal"; it took a few years for makers to realize that even if the crankcase casting were beefed up, it would stil crack in service---for the slightest deflection of aluminum sets up a fatigue process leading to fracture.

The beauty of steel: wonderful fatigue resistance is afforded by good steel---good steel castings too.

I guess the real question is what is the total weight of the bike.

Could prbably guestimate if we knew what one bar length of the iron weighed.

Knoxie posted this link in another thread yesterday:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUNT-TDL922-3-ELECTRIC-BIKE-SUPER-COOL-MAG-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ190103597980QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Probably a fair indication of how they hold up. Personally, I wouldn't buy one.

31 Kg
THE BIKE LOOKS REALLY GOOD AND CERTAINLY TURNS HEADS! IT IS NOT A PRACTICLE ELECTRIC BIKE TOUGH, IN THAT THE SINGLE GEAR IS LOW AND THE MOTOR IS CERTAINLY NOT BRILLIANT!
THIS IS MORE FOR LOOKS, AND IT CERTAINLY SCORES THERE

Looks like it lives up to what it claims to be: a cheap simple electric bike.

Low gear means you pedal most comfortably near the bikes top speed. So it pulls juice from the battery to get there buit once there you can pedal while at the bikes top speed.

I realize it's not what this crowd of 30-40mph builder modifiers is into though. Not a brilliant motor? Well it is 180W direct drive.

I'm sure we could boost the power a bit. Like somewhere around 1.8kW would be nice. It is cool looking.

so far, all hub motors like more volts. 36? 48? 60?

Might be a cool bike to start a project with. I'd like to see what it looks like without the body work though.

The bike is sized for kids or very small adults, I have seen a video of a teen age girl riding it and it is small.
The only report fromn a rider said everthing on it kept self adjusting, oh and top speed on the video was 19 kph.
Yes they are pretty.

Back