New GNG 2500W Belt reduction kit

olivier38

1 mW
Hello all,

with this new topic I want to make a review on the new GNG 2500W kit, i acquired beginning of this year.

here is a review with pictures of my bike mounted with the new GNG 2500W.

first of all: Insane torque! with low bracket (for climbing), the bike wants to make a rear wheel. it's very funny.

For people who already have some chain reduction kit from GNG, the significant improvement are:
- motor don't move when running => the upper mounting system on the frame is stronger than the previous belt/chain kit. So it seems very reliable. to be confirmed in the time.
- no abnormal motor noise when running. On my chain reduction kit, i can hear some creak noise that were caused by the primary chain reduction that doesn't fit the motor sprocket.
by the way, for people who are interested by improvement o the chain reduction kit, they can just change with #25 chain + sprockets (check on http://www.Electricscooterparts.com).
The bonus is to add a primary chain tensioner that tightly hold the chain. with this, the problem of noise is completely solved! The noise is lower than a direct drive hub motor.

- In Endless, based on people feedback, the old belt reduction kit suffers from a belt that was weak and broke oftenly. This issue seems to be solved with a 25mm belt. But it needs to be confirmed in the time.

The better improvement i think, is the secondary chain transmission KMC 219 (Crank + chain) which is a very very duty. The KMC crank is 2 times thicker than normal crank, the chain perfectly fits the crank, It is very accurate and it sounds very good. moreover, the chain is at the good length after removing one link. the Chain tension is very strong and perfectly do its job.
Forc comparison, on the old gng chain reduction, the chain tension was weak: when motor spinning too fast, the chain slipped!

At this day, i didn't run enough time, but after 2 trips of about 20/25km mixing hills, rocks, mud and road, i don't have to do any adjustment or repair. with my old chain reduction kit(without any upgrade) i had to have my toolkit in my backpack and also need to install the chain that always slipped. For intance nothing to do. this is a good start!

I will oftenly update this review to track the reliability of the motor.

About electronic controller supplied with the kit:
It works fine. However when testing the 3 speed function, i don't notice a difference between the low and medium position. the high position is fine => very high top speed.
I'm waiting for the Bluetooth controller (under development).

on the whole, kit looks very beautiful with orange and alu part. And above all it is high quality made.

now, on the test:

I tested the climbing ability, as I live very near from mountains. Climbing ability is unbelievable. The belt kit has more torque than geared hub rear wheel motor!!!
At top speed I can reach 50km/h, with the max bracket. Chain doen't sleep and upper mounting system on the frame don't move whatever motor RPM.
motor is still well fasten on the frame.

Attachments

• gng_4.jpg
    gng_4.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 1,713
  • gng_5.jpg
    gng_5.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,713
  • gng_1.jpg
    gng_1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,713
  • cranck_wheel_assembled.jpg
    cranck_wheel_assembled.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 707
  • crank_wheel.jpg
    crank_wheel.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 707
Hi,
I'm interested in buying the same GNG 2500W kit that you have. Can you tell me if you are still happy with your purchase?
I read on the forum that GNG kits have a lot of problems. Is a new kit worth the extra money you paid for it?
How much did you pay for it including shipping?
Thank you.

Back