Big upcoming PV project near a HUGE commercial PV project

I got a call the other day from a farmer who has leased out some his farmland to a commercial concern for a large PV operation. This facility was installed last year and is currently (ha ha) producing power. I asked him, "does leasing the ground out make you more money then farming it?" He responded with ," yes, and I don't have to do any work!" He has a 20 year lease, and is one happy camper. Somehow (he claims that theft was not involved, just kidding) as part of the deal, he personally, while not having anything to do with the big install other then leasing the ground, ended up with 70 335 watt modules. Maybe they were leftovers and it was simpler to just give them to him then ship them back, whatever, he has them and wants me to meet with him to see how they can be put to work. It looks like they will be mounted on a large ag shop, right across the road from the huge installation, kind of a funny thing, I'll post some pictures as the deal progresses.

Nice one! SOlar PV is so damn cheap now. Brand new 300 W panels for under $150. Crazyness.

Due to another local crane operator having his second heart attack ( a very heavy smoker, FWIW) my own crane biz has gotten even busier. Too busy to do the solar install job (craning pays way better, and is stupid easy once you know how to do it), so I am now going to make the farmer an offer, and a parts list, on all the needed equipment, and advice on how to proceed, but not "get my hands dirty" myself. I'll post pictures as things proceed.

Back