Electrons from the Moon

zener

1 kW
Mind-blowing concept.
Tidal power lagoon in Swansea Bay.
Powers 120.000 homes for the next 120 years. And costs 1.000.000.000 USD. :mrgreen:
[youtube]YKumDZwLziw[/youtube]

EDIT
155.000 homes
better explanation :mrgreen:
[youtube]afUIZv-hNrM[/youtube]

http://www.tidallagoonswanseabay.com

Catchy title caught my eye :D
Pretty cool- lot of zeros though, I wonder if smaller scale wave powered generators would be more cost effective?

How does the tidal pool compare with traditional large scale generators? Looks like it may be only 5 times (guess) more expensive than nuclear or gas to build/operate in total- I'm surprised. Bout time we figure out how to responsibly generate and use energy from simpler natural sources :D

Kudo's to you moon, and for what we assume is gravity holding you right there, while you also enact yours on us.

Generation using tidal lagoons look pretty good compared to tidal estuaries because they can be sited out of the way, don't block shipping or migratory wildlife, won't silt up and you can expand them in a modular fashion.

Hopefully the project gets the required funding and goes ahead. It's about time the moon did something for us ;)

This could be of value in the area where I live. Water in Alamitos Bay through Bolsa Chica Wetlands is always flowing one way or another. It could probably easily provide enough power for the State Beach. They could supplement that with solar and wind machines also. :mrgreen: Governor Gerry Brown is off in Paris tooting his horn instead. :roll:

Back