Schuco solar invertors

jimmyhackers

10 kW
i have a 10 x 250w PV panels on my roof. running through a shuco convertor.....

i have been unable to find much info about this online. model is sunny boy sb 2500

can anyone tell me if its pwm of mppt? also if it is pwm would if be worth switching to a mppt convertor?

and again if so can someone suggest and good invertor.

thanks in advance
jim

p.s. heres apic of it if it helps

A google of the model number you list up there has as it's first result a manual that describes it's functions
http://files.sma.de/dl/5673/SB2500-11-EE4801.pdf
and searching that document for MPP finds it in several pages, that should answer your question about how it works.

thanks for the info. i swear my google is playing up :)

the clowns who installed my solar setup for my dad installed the expansion tank upside down for the solar water heater section....and i havn't even started looking at how poorly theyve set up the controllers setting for the solar.

ill have a good read of the manual and see whats what....then ill probably have a million more questions :p

thanks again
jim

looks like i cant change much in the settings to get any more out of them :(

however my inverter does stop producing when the panels voltage is less than 85V. leaving a few hours at the start and end of each day where the panels are producing but not enough for the sunny boy. and possibly a lot more hours in the winter months.

meaning to get that extra power id need an invertor that worked at a much lower input voltage.
and then figure out a way for it to automatically switch between the two.

any ideas?

Back