Ebay Fraud - ebike kit - xcceries seller

cgokey

1 W
I've ordered a few ebike products from ebay, but this seller by far takes the cake for poor business practices. I'm writing here so that other's don't have to deal with the same hassle that I did.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.31.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.35.34 PM.png

Don't have a microscope to read your complaint, but the site you mentioned supplied me with a superb kit (for the price). Still humming along after two years of being used at 52V (32+ mph).

I PAID for two kits ,a front and, a rear 1000 watt hubmotor to build a 2wd bicycle.
I wanted to play with mods. Bigger Phase wires oil cooling pas and dual throttle etc.
SURPRISE!! SUPRISE!! SUPRISE!!
They refused to ship. Refused to refund my money.
Contacted me outside of EBAY.
To Demand more .
I finally got fed up and contacted EBAY.
EBAY was particularity pissed that Yescoma or Xcceries contacted me outside of ebay.

Ebay fixed me up quick.

I will NEVER do business with Yescoma or Xcceries again.

The kits work . But they are extremely cheaply made. MY mods are why they work today.
The kit was shipped finally.
I bought the same kit for the same Bullshit sale price. And a front one for less. So many spelling errors . I must still be pissed off.

Their kits are frocking cheap tho!

And mcintyretj ES user on here seems to have had success with them.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41170

I'd be surprised if you get any sympathy here. Anybody knows that when you buy a cheap Chinese kit, there's always connectors that don't match. That's not fraudulent. It's just incompetence, but that's what you get when you buy the cheapest. if you want something that's guaranteed to work and connect up properly, get a kit from Em3ev.com, though you'll see that you have to pay something for their professional competence.

For all the effort and stress writing those emails, you could have soldered a couple of wires in a few minutes at a cost of less than $1, which is what most of us would have done, then you could ride around on your bike boasting about how cheap it was to convert. Instead, now you're back to start with nothing other than a load of inconvenience.

If I were you, I'd change the connector and forget about it, which is far easier and less expensive than sending the kit back.

We used to get these sort of stories about people's experience with Chinese suppliers all the time, but it didn't stop anybody using them because they were cheap.

As ebikes of all sorts, not just DIY, become more common and the market center moves from hobbyist to consumer, expectations will change. You can see this in posts like this: people expect things they buy to be exactly as implied and to work perfectly everytime. And what's wrong with that? It's the standard we hold to every other product we buy.......

The reason we see threads like this is because ES shows up on Google when someone starts to research what is wrong with their ebike or ebike kit, not because everyone is or wants to be a DIY experimenter. Lots of folks just want their stuff to work the way they expect it to and that's all.

If you want a flawless "turn key" experience, then why are you buying a kit? Kit implies that you'll have to do somethings yourself. In this case, the amount of DIY compared to actually installing the kit is minuscule.

-Jim

My kit works great. I bought it off eBay as well for just over $200. It still works great after 240 Miles. Mounting it was a pain because I had to pry out the rear dropouts further because with a 7speed cassette the width of the motor comes to 140mm. The original dropout size was 135mm. I then had to use some spacers to give adequate space for the cassette from the frame, and for the disc brakes. But other then that it has worked great. They are right, don't expect much for you get what you pay for.

'fraud' seems a bit OTT OP. Reading that you want full refund because of a missing connector seems OTT too.
We gotta live and let live a little bit, life is always give and take. Good luck and have fun with the new kit!

Btw, I was really impressed with the fit and finish of my 1kw kit. Even had color instructions and was packaged really well, besides the pricing! It works great, but I did have to replace the battery connector to match my battery.

Good thing you got your money back.
Having learned this lesson about these random chinese kit shufflers, it's time to start looking at some legit vendors who actually know what they are selling, and don't shuffle kits alongside lawn and garden supplies and imitation ray bans.. :mrgreen: :lol:

Those motors are seriously crap anyway. Still using thick laminations ( lower efficiency, lower power output )... still copies of a hub motor design that is about a decade old. Poor quality controllers that are poorly tuned and not programmable, sketchy cutoff brake levers, low quality throttles, undersized wires, crappy connectors, poor choice of motor winding leading to low torque..

I have had the extreme displeasure of installing a few of these kinds of kits and trying to get everything working right. Each time, i recommended going with a better controller at the very least. I ended up shunt modding a few, but the torque curve was still wrong. The displays frequently did not work or intermittently worked. Replacing all the questionable parts would have been more expensive than buying a good kit in the first place.

You can do way better by spending a hundred dollars more. If you are going to go cheap on anything, go with a cheap bike. a $200 bike with a $400 kit is better than a $400 bike with a $200 kit.

To be fair, my "cheap: YESCOM kit had connectors that matched and was basically a turn key product. Admittedly, I needed to replace the battery connectors, but that was a given (to me). Guess I must not be very sensitive to poor producta because it has performed perfectly; 32 mph with 52V, 10 a-h battery. Additionally the wheel has only needed one "tightening" of the spokes in two years. Check wesnewell's posts or look at the reviews section for confirmation.

I too have been very pleased with my YESCOM 48V 1000W RHM kit, that I installed going on three years ago! I even bought it from the same eBay seller, it was a very pleasant experience! Maybe I need to ride a few of the better bikes to know what I'm missing, but my kit has performed pretty well since I've had it. In fact the only thing I've had to replace that was a part of the kit was a pedal assist disc, and that was because I over tightened the crank and warped it! I'm sorry you have had a bad experience, I truly hope you find what you are looking for!

RonnieBrowen2106 said:

here is my bike.

Sexy build. !!
I'm worried I'd get my BBSHD stollen or seized by police when I go to live NYC next july.
I might eventually make the move on this kit for a second ebike (a commuter).
Got plenty of good VTC4 cells and a good 14S 80A Bestech BMS...

Regading this first post. I too would not bother paying to ship the kit back to the seller. Learn to solder connectors, it's not so had.... Although I can understand your frustration for a beginner... Seriously 200$ for a whole eBike kit so dirt cheap, it's almost a steal ! Just look at the rest of the kit you got for 200 friggin bucks.... You made a killer deal !!!
A bit of pocket change and some elbow grease will solve you connector issue. Why not even solder the wires direcly without a connector (less contact resistance for a little performance improvement) ?

Put in a bit of effort and you'll probably love your kit even more as it will now have a small touch of your own personal creativity to it !

Matador

2old said:
Guess I must not be very sensitive to poor producta because it has performed perfectly; 32 mph with 52V, 10 a-h battery.

Some people think 1990's honda civics are cool but that's because they haven't put their foot into something well engineered, powerful, and efficient yet :)

But i come from the perspective of being a very demanding user. Long trips, fast speeds, and steep hills in my area make it very hostile to ebikes and almost impossible to replace car miles with ebike miles unless you have the absolute best. The extra 25 dollars of higher grade steel laminations in the motor that boost efficiency from 80% to 90% and power from 1200w to 2000w with no gain in weight is well worth the coin to me.

If this is your first build and don't have such demanding conditions, then i totally understand how none of this matters.

RonnieBrowen2106 said:
My kit works great. I bought it off eBay as well for just over $200. It still works great after 240 Miles. Mounting it was a pain because I had to pry out the rear dropouts further because with a 7speed cassette the width of the motor comes to 140mm. The original dropout size was 135mm. I then had to use some spacers to give adequate space for the cassette from the frame, and for the disc brakes. But other then that it has worked great. They are right, don't expect much for you get what you pay for.
Eventually, you'll hit a wall. Youve been at this a couple of months. Guarateed the brain trust here forget more than you or i know. Pride comes before the fall... buy a quality kit and be amazed by the difference. And when thungs go south with the lowball kits...well...good luck. You just buy new and replace.

2old said:
To be fair, my "cheap: YESCOM kit had connectors that matched and was basically a turn key product. Admittedly, I needed to replace the battery connectors, but that was a given (to me). Guess I must not be very sensitive to poor producta because it has performed perfectly; 32 mph with 52V, 10 a-h battery. Additionally the wheel has only needed one "tightening" of the spokes in two years. Check wesnewell's posts or look at the reviews section for confirmation.
Wesnewell is one in a thousand...or more. A nice fella, and helpful to the poor lost souls that fell into the trap, but hardly a good representation of the quality goods out there.

I purchased 3 kits from them. I'm still using the 48V 1000W kit every day after 6 years and ~25K miles. And I've been running it for the last 5 years with a 72V 40A controller on a 24s lipo pack.

I've built several bikes for myself or friends and have test ridden at least 30 bikes for short rides or long term (up to a month). What gives me a good laugh is the ES "experts" that have great critical analyses of something they've never seen, no less owned.

Assumptions are dangerous.

3 bbshd (2 sold considering selling last)
1 POS clone eBay cheap donated
2 bbs01
1 mxus 1000w DD
1 mxus 250w GD
1 MAC 10t (second on order)
1 bbs02 sold
1 yoch bbso2 clone (no one wants it)
EDIT forgot about the miserable fatbike with 1000w rear DD, bikesdirect crap, sondors level.
As many batteries from 4 sources
Installed ebikekit, several more mids, and DD's
Yeah maybe some day i'll learn something about motors and bikes. But i am still learning. No claim of expert status. Just passion for all things two wheel.

wesnewell said:
I purchased 3 kits from them. I'm still using the 48V 1000W kit every day after 6 years and ~25K miles. And I've been running it for the last 5 years with a 72V 40A controller on a 24s lipo pack.
And youre the resident expert who's helped many. Ill argue youre the odd man out. You know the ropes very well, many a poor sucker hasn't and they lay in garages waiting for wives to moan or familynto auction with the rest of the junk in the estate sale. <grin> dont ever leave. The buyers need you.

Wes is the man, for getting the most out of the cheaper kits. Nothing wrong with that approach, but sometimes the QC of the cheapest kits does let the customer down. Not a good plan for those not willing to solder a connector or whatever.

Get your refund if the box shuffler vendor lets you down. They can afford it. But don't spend a dime shipping shit back to them. they will just ship it back out, broken, to another.

2old said:
I've built several bikes for myself or friends and have test ridden at least 30 bikes for short rides or long term (up to a month). What gives me a good laugh is the ES "experts" that have great critical analyses of something they've never seen, no less owned.
I do the same thing. I build bikes, test drive them for a while to work out any kinks, then I turn around and sell them. Fun hobby.

And some poor soul inherits a mystery eBike. Sorry somone two months into building has proven to be a nightmare for many buyers...

Lots of fraud on eBay. Especially with overseas vendors. I've been reading about this for years and have first hand experience. It nearly impossible to return anything to them. Buy from USA and Canada instead.

Back