How often do you drive a >1000 pound 4-wheel vehicle?

How often do you drive an ordinary car/truck/bus/etc. for personal transportation purposes?

• Every day of the week.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • About every 5 to 6 days a week.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Somewhere between 3-4 days a week.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Like maybe once or twice a week for errands.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Once or twice a month, if I can help it!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Once or twice every couple of months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once or twice a year

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Once or twice every couple of years

• Once or twice a decade

• Driving? Who said I drove?

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

swbluto

10 TW
Yeah, so just getting an idea of what kind of active car population the Endless Sphere forums has. I suspect a few use their bicycles/motorcycles/scooters for car replacements, but I also suspect electric bicycles are a hobby to many / meant for recreation.

If you use it more often during certain times than others, you can pick more than one option.

Admittedly, right now I'm using it >4 days a week because I don't have a working ebike (stupid f***ing hall sensors...), but, once I get one working, it'll go back to once or twice a week for errands.

Unless you wanna get technical and say that I never drive, since I'm just a passenger. No license.

Oh, and this is very much a hobby. I wouldn't spend $2,000+ for a pair of ebikes when one for <$400 would do the job just as well.

In summer, about 2 times a week. In winter, 7 times a week.

So I averaged that I picked the 4 times a week option.

ARGH! broke a spoke and pulled 2 others through the rim, so no I'm driving 5 days a week until the new rim and spokes arrive.
Lucky for me, it's been damned wet and cold down here in Victoria, so it couldn't have happened at a more convenient time. :D

Despite having not owned one for close to a decade, it happens once or twice-ish per year.

nutsandvolts said:
After almost a year of two-wheel gas-free bliss, I just drove 2300 km in three days, and will now be driving a stinky ICE every day for the foreseeable future. I really don't want to drive a car, but then the desire for food and shelter overrides the desire to be car free, at least for now :roll: But hey maybe this will lead me towards some kind of auto conversion eventually.

HERETIC!

Just joking. It seems fairly evident that last year's gas prices might have played a role in your gas-free vacation, and I'm sure it played a role in many who joined the e-movement wtihin the past year. But, wait...

Why 2300 km in 3 days? Did you move for a job?

Back