Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 51-60 MPH

• >61 MPH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
monster said:
want to see how yours compairs to everyone else?

e-speed envy? :)

top speed without pedaling +on flat? :wink:

Doc

31 to 40 for me because of the voltage I run. I have tried a 72 volt run instead of 48 and the top speed was 50+ but at that speed I didn't trust the front fork to hold out so I've been happy at 48 volts and the 30 to 40 range for top speed.

Lowell said:
I should be greater than 61mph if downhill is counted. 8)

Don't need a motor to go over 61mph downhill. Just need a long, steep hill.

Unless the weight of all them batteries pulls you down faster :lol:

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
Isn't the motor's back emf gonna act as a brake at that point?
If the hill was long enuf, terminal velocity would probably be higher with no motor.

An excellent point.

When the back EMF gets up to the battery voltage, then it will start acting like a brake. Lowell has over 100v, that's going to be like over 70mph. If you disconnect the controller you can go faster.

I've seen some hills where you might be able to do this. :shock:

fechter said:
When the back EMF gets up to the battery voltage, then it will start acting like a brake. Lowell has over 100v, that's going to be like over 70mph. If you disconnect the controller you can go faster.

I've seen some hills where you might be able to do this. :shock:
I agree, I have some hills nearby that allow me to hit over 60 MPH with the "power" disconnected. Otherwise for me, motor braking hits right above the maximum "free wheel" spin speed of about 48 MPH on mine. In one of my old videos I hit the max speed on a steep hill and could feel the braking preventing me from rolling any faster.

Today i hit a - NEW SPEED RECORD - 48mph !!!

i found a nice smooth piece of tarmac.

which rider here is doing 51-60mph? must be at least 72v?
or what are your bike specs? though, shouldn't be just all about speed, think everyone should just be thankful that biking gives you freedom, exercise, chance to explore/help out your world/environment, save on gas, yada, ya.

just be smart about your speeds, know your surroundings 360 degree, road conditions, vehicular/pedestrian traffic. (are there potholes? rocks? debris?)

cnb said:
which rider here is doing 51-60mph? must be at least 72v?
or what are your bike specs? though, shouldn't be just all about speed, think everyone should just be thankful that biking gives you freedom, exercise, chance to explore/help out your world/environment, save on gas, yada, ya.

just be smart about your speeds, know your surroundings 360 degree, road conditions, vehicular/pedestrian traffic. (are there potholes? rocks? debris?)

90v, although there's no reason a lower voltage system couldn't go fast, you just need more current to make enough watts.

Ypedal said:
Hey Lowell, any news to report on your rig ? does she still run like a champ or have you fried those nimh yet ? lol..

The NiMH cells are showing around 7mohm internal resistance, but are still running well. Two of the packs tested out around 19Ah, and one cut off around 17Ah. It's currently sporting a 5303 in a 20" wheel and I managed 85km/h last night with no fairing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XhEtwQYQKA
this is the fastes I ever want to see a $200 bike go with bycical wheels on! yes the stress did break the rear end a couple weeks later, I just replace the rear wheel and had to relace it and in that procces I found out the torqe actualy bent the Hub...Sich, A' ?!

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
fechter said:
If you disconnect the controller you can go faster.

That's what I meant by 'no motor'.

I forgot Lowell has a 5303.
It's the 5304 I was thinking of that's 0.95 kph/V for a 26 in. wheel.

Unless my wheel diameter setting is off in my CA, my 5304 in my 26" did ~75mph unloaded on 87V. I'll remeasure that and make sure that it is a 5304 when I get back home after Easter, but, it seems that it wouldn't be a problem on big downhills.

Back