Poll: whats your favourite bike accessory?

monster

100 kW
Poll: Whats your favourite ebike accessory?

Everyone list your accessories and say which is your favourite and why. :D

i'll start...

rear cycle trunk
rear panniers
car horn
mr16 lights
cycle bell
speedo
front wire basket
rear view mirror (helmet mounted)
battery temperature display

my favourite is probably the rear trunk because it can carry shit loads of stuff almost like being a trike. i'm not convinced about the helmet mounted rear view mirror, it vibrates a lot and takes too long to focus on. handlebar mount might be better.

Racks, because racks let me carry more batteries.

A pedal actuated plunger?! What's that for? :shock:

Ammeter, because I want to know how much my scooter sucks. :D

Something like the new CycleAnalyst would be much better, because it can keep track of the energy used.

single-wire version of the CycleAnalyst, hands down. I only use some of its functions, including:

Real-Time volts/amps/watts
Speedometer
Cumulative ah used (like a gas gauge)
Current Limiting (I have packs that can deliver 30a I can use on a 40a controller by limiting current draw to 30a)
Settable low-voltage cutout
Max Speed
Max throttle
Cycle counter

-JD

My momento mori. She's an extra pair of eyes, as a reminder that death is all around us. Mostly on four wheels. It's a safety thing... :)

tks
LOcK

1) rear bike trunk by leaps and bounds.
2) panniers, if I don't have a trunk (my other bike)
3) ringaling!!! bike bell, we have cycle trails with lots of pedestrians to warn of this speed demon approaching.

CycleAnalyst by far:

It handles high voltage and high current.
It keeps track of Ah and Wh used.
It automatically remembers all variables so if you run more than one trip without recharging, you can still accurately see e.g. how many Ah/Wh were consumed in total, and not just on the current trip.
It's backlit so you can easily see all stats at night (unlike any bike speedometer or most multimeters).

None, well maybe my 3 locks.

My Airzound Horn!

Simply fantastic piece of kit for Dorky Car Driver and pedestrians, should be a legal requirement for all e-bikes :lol:

These things are scary scary loud!!

airzound.jpg

Top Peak DX Trunk Pack, an amazingly well made light and strong rack and bag, with 20lb carrying capacity!!

21WN14EEJYL._AA160_.jpg

DC-DC Converter, by Medusa 3.5A 6V DC from up to 45V! a fantastic unit, well made small very powerful and rugged, this unit powers my halogen lights off my main pack.

prod_package.jpg

http://www.medusaproducts.com/BECs/MR-BEC-35020.htm

Cane Creek Thudbuster, simply the best suspension seat post, Its pricey but well worth the money if you value your behind! If you get one make sure you measure your existing tube exactly and get the right tube and shim!

cane_creek_thudbuster_lt_po.jpg

There are more but these are my favourites!!

Cheers

Knoxie

Fenders, rack.

They increase a bike's usefulness at least 10X

Ammo cans. Removable front basket.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5,268
I'd say CycleAnalyst, but I only have a Doc Wattson (friggin BatterySpace). So I'm gonna say that.

I want a Cycle Analyst. Although i think Cycle analyst should have a remote display system the module would go near the controller and battery, while the display is near the handle bar. less wire to run from controller to CA

Well favorites have to be the rear rack and panniers as they hold the batteries without which the motor would not make much sense. Mirror, and lights on the bike should be required and the speedo saves me from having to pedal too far at batteries end. Will need an alarm for the next build and a horn or bell seems to be a good idea so that too.

C.A.

Thud Buster (I am in love with it forever)

Slick, fat Bontgrager Big Hanks run at low pressure.

20mph singlespeed cruiser bike jumps and does not bump me hard at all, ever.

But of all the accessories: the Cycle Analyst is my best friend.

Here are my two favorite ebike accessories. The baskets are great as I can put a big thermos of coffee snacks etc for work in the morning. In the evening, I can put my jacket in there as I don't need it. the elastic net is great to hold things in place in the basket so they don't fly out if you hit a bump.

Product Description

The Wald 582 sets the standard for ingenuity when it comes to rear baskets. Mounting to the side of almost any rear rack, this nimble basket is the perfect size for packing 1-2 bags of groceries while balancing your load. When not in use, the base of the basket pivots up allowing the side walls to collapse. A simple clamp at the top of the side panels keeps everything secured while the basket is folded up to one inch thick

Attachments

• basket set 2.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,584
  • bike net.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,578
Back