Survey of People who Ebike.

sabrewalt

100 W
I have two questions to ask of Ebike users. (People who use Ebikes for SOME sort of car replacement. Store, work, Post Office, etc. No one in my town uses one but me so I ask here. Feel free not to answer.

1) Are you fat.

2) Can you easily afford to drive a car if you wanted to.

My answers - 1) Yes, 40 lbs overweight. 2) Yes, I own 4 cars. (College Kids)

1) no - 183cm tall 80kg and can ride a 50k commute on a road bike through hills with books no probs.
2) yes i've got a 1993 toyota supra and a lot of custom stuff (titanium exhuast, leather recaro seats etc)

and a side note i use the road bike (electric bike when its ready - i'm developing it now) to replace the car at times. road bike replaces the car as it takes the same time (50min) to do the one way commute (25k) to work / uni. I currently take the car when i don't have the energy to ride (coming back from injury) - i want to replace that with the e-bike when its running lipos at 72v :) - ie decent speed :p.

1) Are you fat.
I've lost 20 lbs since getting my ebike last year. At 160lbs, I'm now about 10lbs above my ideal fighting weight.

No.

1- 5ft 7", 175 lbs ( could loose 10 lbs for ideal weight )

2- I could afford a car, ( Heck.. i have more money invested into my Norco than my parents have in their car !! ) But i canot drive at night, Congenial Stationary Night Blindness is what they call it, I can and i will get my drivers lisence at some point, but i'm in no rush. I'm 28 years old and have gotten by just fine without one.

I just love riding electric.. most of you can understand this, but i have a 700cc Polaris ATV, loud, vibrates, goes like a scared cat.. I have more fun on my Ebike !

1) - No, 5ft.6in. ~140lb.

2) - No,I'm on a government disability pension,due to a broken steel rod in
my back that can't be removed (back surgery that went bad after some
years). If I had a car and paid the upkeep,gas and insurance I couldn't
afford to eat...LOL...

Eric

1. No, my weight is 170 lbs which is normal for my height, size
  2. Yes, have two cars. An SUV and a Car, but often ride the e-bike everywhere because of high gas prices and well it's just fun to ride the e-bike everywhere. Traffic is no problem for me, anytime of day. I also know that when I get in my car, it's time to sit in traffic. :cry:

knightmb said:
  1. No, my weight is 170 lbs which is normal for my height, size

"For my size" -- that's funny. :lol:

I'm 450lbs -- which is normal for someone my size...

Yup. There isn't much variance in the physical density of humans; but a lot of variance in their psychological density. :wink:

1. No, if I was taller (6'1" and 210#) What is normal? Just got back from the family reunion. One nephew is 6'11" and 400#. My brother, the dedicated long distance pedal biker, is 5'11" and 250#.

2 Yes, can choose from the 4, 6, or 8 cylinder vehicle. In addition to liking the fresh air and exercise, I like not starting a car for a short trip.

1) 6'0 200 lbs, I'd like to lose another 20 lbs or so however.

2) Yes, I have a lesbaru, I put on 31,000 miles in one year with my car. I still use it when I leave town.
Biking is funner/easier to go around town however.

1) Are you fat. - 6ft 180 lbs, e-biking keeps me slim.

2) Can you easily afford to drive a car if you wanted to. - 7000km year total by car. 2000 approx by e-bike

170 lbs. 6ft. So not really fat, but it still annnoys me that my old trousers tend to burst their buttons, so I'm not as slim as I was once :shock:

I have an old van , it can't compete with my bike for fun so it never gets used. If I can make an ebike with a 120 mile range then it wouldn't get used at all. Project in the pipeline, will start when funds allow.

not fat: 6' 170lbs
Can't drive : turned in my dl about 3 years ago,MS disability. The way it is I can ride almost anywhere I want to go. Sometimes there are comprimises that have to be made. Doctor and Dentist selection etc. I would probably drive, and and be mad about gas and insurance costs if I was able to. The way I see it, life has maybe done me a favor. I would have never discovered e-triking if MS had not come along.

i think it would be really interesting to state what ur qualified in and work as too!

i'm qualified in IT, and Law.

work as a Lecturer at uni.

I have been round the block, law enforcement, GM factory worker, aircraft mechanic,musician, auto mechanic, courier. Whiole bunch of fun stuff,

BiGH said:
i think it would be really interesting to state what ur qualified in and work as too!

Qualified in nothing, semi-qualified in lots of things -- so I can't buy a good job, and I'm as flat broke as a snake on the railroad tracks.

xyster said:
BiGH said:

Qualified in nothing, semi-qualified in lots of things -- so I can't buy a good job, and I'm as flat broke as a snake on the railroad tracks.

if u ask me ur certainly qualified in ebikes!

BiGH said:

Well thanks, BiGH. But so far the capital flows have all gone the wrong direction -- into my ebikes. :)

xyster said:
BiGH said:

Well thanks, BiGH. But so far the capital flows have all gone the wrong direction -- into my ebikes. :)

R & D baby R & D ;)

thats how i look at it :p i doubt that hub motors have dropped hugely in value anyway :p not a worry really.

BiGH said:
R & D baby R & D ;)

thats how i look at it :p i doubt that hub motors have dropped hugely in value anyway :p not a worry really.
:lol: R&D!

I am secure in the knowledge that my used hubmotor is still worth about 3,000 slabs of Ramen noodles. :D

1. No - 6'0'' - 146 pounds
2. Yes. I love my car and enjoy it even more now that I don't drive it much.

1) No - 6'2" ~195, e-biking lets me pedal when I want to..

2) Yes I have cars and means to drive them, but I really minimize my driving anymore, keep telling myself that E-biking is returning some of the money I spent building it.. ;);)

I ride ~20-30 miles a day, except for weekends when I rarely get out on it. I pedal sometimes, but rarely only when headwinds knock me back or I want to go fast for a second..

And qualified in economics and work in project management,,

Before the steel rod in my back broke I was a production supervisor of the offset department of a printing company out of Montreal. Since the rod broke I've dabbled in graphic design to earn a few extra dollars to supplement my disability pension.

Eric

sabrewalt said:
I have two questions to ask of Ebike users. (People who use Ebikes for SOME sort of car replacement. Store, work, Post Office, etc. No one in my town uses one but me so I ask here. Feel free not to answer.

1) Are you fat.

My answers - 1) Yes, 40 lbs overweight. 2) Yes, I own 4 cars. (College Kids)

1) Yes. 130Kg, 1.96metres. Lifelong back trouble means that conventional cycling is not an option. Otherwise reasonably fit, however, I'll quite happily go for a 20km walk averaging 5 - 6km/hour up and downhill, through the woods.

2) Yes, easily - even at $7-50 per US gallon!

I commute to work daily by e-bike and most of my other local travel as well. Drive no more than 2,000 km per year - cycle more than that.

Work in medical electronics; CR, CT, MRI, 3D image reconstruction and modelling and a wide range of related medical imaging stuff.

1) no i'm 5'10 and 140lbs (great weight for ebiking,not so good for rugby :) )
2) yes, i have a mercedes slk 230k - but honestly i get more fun riding my bike than driving.

Having thought about it i think the reason for prefering my bike to my car is simply this - when out in the forest riding the bike i get the sense of freedom and fun. When sitting in the car taking 50 mins to do 15 miles into london i feel trapped and harrased!!!!!

cheers

D

Back