Torque or Horsepower

Which would you rather have the electrical equivalent of.

• Dodge Viper

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Honda S2000

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
I picked the S2000, but only because I built a supercharged version. Stock HP was 197 at the rear wheels, and with a bolt on supercharger I managed 364rwhp. I find the stock S2000 motor to be a gutless noisemaker, and as an added insult, I lost a 100-200km/h race with a Chevy 2500 diesel truck (with some mods) while the S2000 was stock. :(

If we're considering the electric analogy we might want to rephrase the question:

"Where do you want your torque and heat?"

The ICE cools itself somewhat proportionally to RPM; the electric motor might not.

So, do you want more heat for a short time or a long time?

:?:

I said s2000 hwoever there is a major power to weight differnece between the two cars :p

Higher power is good though in my opinion, starting off takes a low of WH as you're well below the efficiency levels. I'd prefer to peddle a few revolutions to save the batteries.

High power at high speed is also good because it allows for better heat dissipation :)

but honestly i'd just like good acceleration with a higher top speed.

The S-2000 is garbage.

Hp per liter?

How about HP per RPM x Displacement = low (for the s2000) because of all the friction at that rpm.

HP is a function of RPM, so a higher RPM motor is fgoing to give you more power.

If they put a motorcycle engine in a car that made more power per liter, would that make it better? No.

*********If anything you should measure thermal efficiency, or fuel consumption/hp.**********

The Viper is in every way a better vehicle, the S-2000 will get better city mileage, and maybe better highway (speed dependent) mileage, but that's not why people buy a Viper.

Dunno how this is torque or hp since the viper has a lot more of both...

From experience in car games viper feels clunky, certainly a lot less agreeable to use. Next to the honda in corners it has to brake a lot sooner and slow down more, it's alot less forgiving and coming out you really have to feather it because it's stupidly powerful. Honestly, why bother? The honda seems much better thought out all around.

Mathurin said:
Dunno how this is torque or hp since the viper has a lot more of both...

From experience in car games viper feels clunky, certainly a lot less agreeable to use. Next to the honda in corners it has to brake a lot sooner and slow down more, it's alot less forgiving and coming out you really have to feather it because it's stupidly powerful. Honestly, why bother? The honda seems much better thought out all around.

And the viper has a lot higher hp:weight and torque:weight ratios.

All I need to say about the handling characteristics is which wins Formula-D? and which has better stats on G's and other handling characteristics.

Video Games Lie.

I'm sure an F1 would be better since it's X% faster... Or not, because I don't race and both cars are substantially faster then they need to be. Seeing how one of them is more fun to use and I'd be less likely to kill myself with it, I stand by my choice.

Mathurin said:
I'm sure an F1 would be better since it's X% faster... Or not, because I don't race and both cars are substantially faster then they need to be. Seeing how one of them is more fun to use and I'd be less likely to kill myself with it, I stand by my choice.

How is an S2000 more fun? If you control yourself, the Viper is safer.

Back