Hub motor colors...

Ypedal

Staff member
Lets say you had the opertunity to pick any color/pattern/etc you wanted for your hub motor... What would you pick ?

- All black
- Silver
- Spiral " Joker " style ! ( might hypnotize some car drivers.. gulp )
- Black covers with white middle ring ..

Gold ? Red ? Anodized ? Chrome ?

What would you pick and why ?

Transparent -- the whole thing -- because it's stealthiest by far. A transparent motor won't be recognized as a motor, I figure. :)

Lessss said:
Same colour as the bike.

all black, or carbon fibre :p (that includes the bike)

but somehow i don't think you could make the hub motor carbonfibre. Real CF wouldn't be strong enough for teh side plates, and the stick on fake stuff i think is sensitive to heat.

as long as it still has the text "250w" on it :p then i'm happy heheh :p

The transparent hub. Motor? What motor? :D

Attachments

• transparent_hub.jpg
    transparent_hub.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 3,786
knightmb said:
xyster said:
The transparent hub. Motor? What motor? :D

LOL, great picture. That comes with the cloaking device right? :D

As you recall, I tried to cloak my entire bike with duct tape, but the effect was not as hoped. :)

knightmb said:
Mine would be red with words "this is not a motor" written on the side :lol:

You can always say it's a generator for powering bike lights, and not be wrong. :)

color...?

:?

Attachments

• hub_color_3_small_mice.jpg
    hub_color_3_small_mice.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3,773
deserves a spot on this page too.... :lol: Nice, TD, nice.

hub_color_3_small_mice_567.jpg

It would be good if mill-finish metal (no paint) was an option. Otherwise, grey.

Then you can offer custom decoration as a value added item.

:D

Ypedal said:
Now on a serious note, say you were going to get a small production run of these motors and had to pick a color... :?

Would White be too hard to keep clean ?

I think i'd like Gloss White.

White would look sharp, but yeah it's a dirt magnet. Black won't show how dirty it is, but they seem heat up quickly in the sun. The boring gray, though boring, tends to be a good mix of "can't see the dirt" and "won't go thermal in the sun".

Any reason why you can't get them in some primer setup then paint any color that you desire? Other than the extra labor, maybe you could use it as a selling point for customization for some extra money? :wink:

I like a machined surface. Nice and shiny. I guess it would need a clear coat to prevent corrosion. You could get the pieces chrome plated, er, maybe for a chopper.

I love the hamsters. :D You could laser print stickers of them.

I like the silver/gray colour that my motor came in as it matches my bikes colour almost exactly...

The hamsters are funny,even funnier is that I just finished installing an Xubuntu operating system on an old computer yesterday and it too had hamster/mouse on a tread wheel on the splash screen coincidence or what. :D

Eric

TylerDurden said:
Rodent-power is the future.

If yer bike breaks down in the wilderness, you can always eat the rats.

I think I see a flaw in your hamsterhubmotor design. The hamsters not on the bottom would fall down to the bottom, and all the hamsters would move themselves around the rim instead of moving the rim around the axle. So to fix that, each hamster needs a little, relatively immovable harness fixed to the axle.

Back