Average non assisted commuting speed?

What is you average non-assisted commuting speed?

• <15 km/h (9 mph)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 15-20 km/h (9 mph - 12.4 mph)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 20-25 km/h (12.4 mph - 15.5 mph)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • 25-30 km/h (15.5 mph - 18.6 mph)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • >30 km/h (18.6 mph)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Mathurin

100 kW

29 KPH (18 MPH) is about my average non-assisted speed on the road bike. I'm also part of the local bike club and they ride at 33 KPH (20 MPH) everywhere, which amazes me how strong they are to do this without any motor help. They don't care that I have a motor though because I don't blow everyone away and laugh at them. I always ride in the back and help out anyone who has mechanical trouble because all that extra weight for tools and stuff is no problem on an e-bike :wink:

I just considered the start from point A to point B. There is a lot of flat riding in my area, along with long stretches of road in which there are no traffic lights to slow you down. Once you get into town though, speeds are much slower with all the stop and go. Considering all those variables, the bike ends up being the same speed as the car just because of traffic. :lol:

I do not know the actual speed but I figure it is about 3-5 mph. Whatever 2nd gear is on a 7 speed bike pedaling at a leisurely pace on flat ground. We are pretty laid back here and I am unable to pedal fast anyway. Heart problems slow me down pretty quick if I get to thinking I am a Lance Armstrong clone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To go riding you just put on your sandals and sunglasses and hop on the bike. We only have a couple weeks of winter so its mostly tshirts and shorts here all year long.

Orinally 23mph but to extend battery and controller life i have throttled down

My average speed from putting up the kickstand to putting it down is pretty low, definitely <10 mph. Stoplights and hills kill average speed.

Hmmm, I'm surprised commuting speed isn't much faster. Are these results from sidewalk riding? Riding in the suburbs? Major downtown city?

Back