Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bicycals

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Custom thin'a'ma'jigs

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

mr_exon

10 W
I would like to start Electric Racing league for the low budget builds other then bycicals
As I posted in the "L-EV 35mpg less then 80pounds" topic in the electric scooters/motorcycle forums

We dont even have to meet to compete, we can set up track desings and make them small enuff that any parking lot would work, so any one any where can race any time(yes even at midnight, we dont make noise remember!!!)

Your poll is somewhat hard to take because it doesn't really get to the issue which is whether the name "LEV" which stands for "Light Electric Vehicle" is an appropriate name for a class of vehicles that EXCLUDES things like electric bicycles.

You are better off using something like:

"LEV Racing Series"

...because a "series" means a certain limited number of specific races in certain restricted circumstances. It also sounds more like marketing hype and so people will mentally register is as a sort of brand name. The idea of a "league" implies all the problems with the name LEV which makes one think of a universal category of racing. This isn't a universal class so it shouldn't really be thought of in that way.

So your poll needs some work... how about if you add:

"LEV Racing Series"

...to the options?

It is good do have scooter, pocket bikes and custom built things together. When you get into bikes you get into the question of peddle power vs motor power.

I like the idea of having set track designs so that it can be done anywhere. Problem is if track measurements vary then that effects times. You may need to have regional officials to verify that the track meets the design specifications.

iberkt said:
It is good do have scooter, pocket bikes and custom built things together. When you get into bikes you get into the question of peddle power vs motor power.

I like the idea of having set track designs so that it can be done anywhere. Problem is if track measurements vary then that effects times. You may need to have regional officials to verify that the track meets the design specifications.

If we do world wide race system, to make a map were cone placement in a grid like fashion so people would know were to place cone like every one else that takes part..... finally people on the other side of the world can race with out leaving ther home town....

Once we have members to join then we can get a feel to know how big every one's closest parking lot has for sizes and flatness and put forth a universal Grid to make track layouts for the up and coming season..... then in the end we can find who is the who and set up a race on a real track! and if we have enuff to take part a purse could be at stake as well for the "Big One"

LEV Racing Series

:idea: Here's an idea...

You design a "series" of 10 races and 10 different track layouts. You then publish the placement of the cones for the 10 different tracks online. Around the world people setup the cones in their local parking lots and run their races and produce their best riders. Then you have a "World LEV Racing Championship" where people (somehow) manage to fly in from all corners of the world to race in the championship race that has the 11th and final track design. (which is kept secret until the day of the race)

That way everyone is exposed to the "LEV Racing Series" by track layouts, but it's only those that make it to the championship that would have the opportunity to show that they can learn a NEW track really fast.

Maybe some people are really good at practicing on the same track again and again, but when the pressure is on they fold under the pressure because they couldn't learn under those conditions.

:arrow: It would separate those that can handle extra stress (learning something new) from those that can't... (and we want those people to become the winners)

img1.png

http://members.cox.net/electric_dragin/img1.html

Let's not forget that "autocross" (which is basically what this racing style is called) is a type of racing that:

ALREADY EXISTS

...and the next electric autocross is scheduled for:

January 26, 2008 in San Diego.

That's only 18 days away. (if you are serious you have time to get your airplane tickets)

Note: The ad says "motocross", but it really should say "autocross".

kEVsMiniBike.jpg&imgmax=640

:arrow: This guy will be at the San Diego event... (Andrew Barlow)

It's been posted before... I'm just connecting the dots. The guy that started this thread is new here and might not know that they are racing these things in autocross races already.

:arrow: There's only a few two wheeled entries in that event which has:

1. Electric Drag Racing (NEDRA rules)
2. Electric Autocross (open to all)
3. "Show" (for people that just want to advertise)

Go to the "E-vents" area for further postings about this event...

safe said:
It's been posted before... I'm just connecting the dots. The guy that started this thread is new here and might not know that they are racing these things in autocross races already.

:arrow: There's only a few two wheeled entries in that event which has:

1. Electric Drag Racing (NEDRA rules)
2. Electric Autocross (open to all)
3. "Show" (for people that just want to advertise)

Yes I know about EV drags, they suck! I am a fan of closed course racing and if you seen my vids on youtube, I am very good at it for the bikes that I practice on......Turning is an art and take offs (drag racing is almost learned instantly, other then reaction time) are the easiest thing you can do...

Andrew Barlow's bike looks great, talk to him for me and see if he would like the L-EV racing league to get some practice for the race season for me....we need all the people we can for this :wink:

safe said:
LEV Racing Series

:idea: Here's an idea...

You design a "series" of 10 races and 10 different track layouts. You then publish the placement of the cones for the 10 different tracks online. Around the world people setup the cones in their local parking lots and run their races and produce their best riders. Then you have a "World LEV Racing Championship" where people (somehow) manage to fly in from all corners of the world to race in the championship race that has the 11th and final track design. (which is kept secret until the day of the race)

That way everyone is exposed to the "LEV Racing Series" by track layouts, but it's only those that make it to the championship that would have the opportunity to show that they can learn a NEW track really fast.

Maybe some people are really good at practicing on the same track again and again, but when the pressure is on they fold under the pressure because they couldn't learn under those conditions.

:arrow: It would separate those that can handle extra stress (learning something new) from those that can't... (and we want those people to become the winners)

that is a great Idea.... I will have to make a test grid for every one to try, what every one say to a 20yard-X-30yard layout. This track will require 100-150 cones($2 for 4-5 cones W-mart,sporting goods area...$60=150 cones) and take about 45min to set up. I have a plan to incorporate parking spot lines into the layout so no one will need to bring a tape measure to do this(bring one if you have one though) I will have this done in less then one month so right as the rain season starts we will have a test track to start the "L-EV racing League" with! :!:

Electric Dragin

:arrow: They do Autocross which means cones laid out for a curvy road course in a parking lot.

300px-Mnt73.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocross

You need to go to this event if you are serious about starting an LEV racing organization. Right now there are probably only 4-5 people in the country that would be interested in racing in an electrical pocket bike related class.

mr_exon said:
I have a plan to incorporate parking spot lines into the layout so no one will need to bring a tape measure to do this(bring one if you have one though) I will have this done in less then one month so right as the rain season starts we will have a test track to start the "L-EV racing League" with! :!:

If the participants live in certain areas, google maps can zoom close enough to screen-grab and overlay the plans on parking-lot satellite pix.

The roof of the MGM Grand lot, for example:

mgm1.jpg

This is Craig Uyeda Deafscooter's Fastest Electric Scooter to Finish Line in racing against gasser

Craig racing at USSRL, AMMRA, for more than 4 years on Electric Scooter against Gasser Scooter
I got many Nice Trophies on E- Scooter, Here is my Picture of Many Trophies & Awards on shelve
View attachment 3
Also
Craig have many Medal with USA bands include 1 St place Route 66 Rally and MicroKarts Racing
View attachment 2
Also
My First time 1 st/Champion and 2 nd place on Electric Powered Scooter at USSRL in 2004 series
View attachment 1
Also
My Fastest AntiGravity Hill Climbing, Craig Racing on 36volts Against Michel's 48 Volts eTek Bike

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

TylerDurden said:
mr_exon said:
I have a plan to incorporate parking spot lines into the layout so no one will need to bring a tape measure to do this(bring one if you have one though) I will have this done in less then one month so right as the rain season starts we will have a test track to start the "L-EV racing League" with! :!:

If the participants live in certain areas, google maps can zoom close enough to screen-grab and overlay the plans on parking-lot satellite pix.

The roof of the MGM Grand lot, for example:

that is a great idea/point! great job M8

Deafscooter said:
This is Craig Uyeda Deafscooter's Fastest Electric Scooter to Finish Line in racing against gasser
Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

your the best at what you do... I would like any imput you would like to share on small closed course racing and how they have set some of the tracks you have raced on..... this will take some of the geuss work out of it for me in the end,

Update:
I have like 8 tracks made so far as Bitmap pics, no scaleing yet so I dont know if I wil pull off the turns as I would like to see when I lay the tpammesure and put cones down for the first couple tracks.... I have an old nursing home down the streat from me, I even have access to the roof top from what I see when I go there from time to time to ride the blacktop in the front of the place...
From what it looks like it is 200ft by 250ft, so a test track will fit in it no problem!

I will do this tomarow given we still have this 40* heat wave up here that melted the ice for my "Ice bike"

just made the first test layout

it is a 4(180) turn track desing for the use of less then 50 cones and 3 flat cones(optional)

I am making a bit map with cone placement areas with a Real(you foot) measurements, so all you will need is a straight eye to get the straightaways looking good :mrgreen: I will have it on later or tomarow

80x40.2.jpg

this should be a great test track, I laid it out today and took some pics from a roof top, I have to connect the pics together so check back soon and they will be on

TylerDurden said:
Baadical.

You can also mark out portions of lanes or turns using white flour. It washes/sweeps away faster than chalk.

:mrgreen:

if I had more cones with me when I did this set up, it would be more pronounced...but I agree, I was actually looking at chalk spray paint system today, but I know I would make a squiggly track with that stuff, good point and thanks for the info...I hope it will help people that dont have access to as many cones as I have :wink:

I will set it up again tomorrow and use my pedal bike for a bench number. :D
then if I dont get interrupted with the RPD(local cops) like today(he pulled in to radar cars on the lake st. but got called to the office) I will take out my Ice bike and get an L-EV number! :mrgreen:

RSCN4009.JPG

here are some more, in bit map It would be too big to display on here so a pic works better kinda

:arrow: Deafscooter Read it here ... :mrgreen:

Deafscooter inside USSRL Racing Track See Video on "YouTube .Com
Note: there Gasser Racing but Deafscooter only one Electric Powered

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xcHG4lXrEZM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BH63TNAQ_yg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtL4TCMo1JU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zz99t_zyf7E

Also 50 Miles Route 66 Rally Ride on street
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SeyoIDOWknU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCldOnA-rMs

added for pocketbike Practice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7hoSOcz854k