• 40 - 50

Votes: 46 22.1%
  • 50 - up

Votes: 66 31.7%

• Total voters
What, are under 20's allowed here? :shock: :p

blackstangt said:
I'm 22, but I have friends who are under 20 who wouldn't like this survey

I think that makes you second youngest on this forum :D.

Doesn't suprise me, most people (my age) I talk about EV's to think that they're not capable of replacing gasoline vehicles, but when I tell them I'm making an elecric motorcycle, they are all for it.

Maybe I can change their minds.

LOL, most people in my age group don't yet own a car (except for the few who have them secondhand or have rich parents). They all think my bike is pretty neat, though. I think I can make them want one with the eventual BMX iteration. 8)

I don't plan on owning a car for a while (I don't really have a need and can get rides when I do need them), so a substantial portion of my (pitiful) paycheck is going into this hobby.

When I was about 14, we welded a weed-whacker wotor to the sprocket on a bike being put out as garbage. It worked for a minute, but some of the internals were melted from welding.

yeah, when people find out my bike is electric, the first thing that come up is alway "doesn't it defeat the purpose of the bike". Too many people out there are so closed minded. Unless it smell, loud, and guzzle gas, they can not grasp the idea of motorizing it. I'm 22 too. With weather getting warmer. Riding the bike is the greatest hobby.

From the look of your picture, you can still peddle, so what are they talking about. That's like saying Jay leno's turbine powered motorcycle defeats the purpose of riding a motorcycle.

ngocthach1130 said:
yeah, when people find out my bike is electric, the first thing that come up is alway "doesn't it defeat the purpose of the bike". Too many people out there are so closed minded. Unless it smell, loud, and guzzle gas, they can not grasp the idea of motorizing it. I'm 22 too. With weather getting warmer. Riding the bike is the greatest hobby.

I don't get that much since my batts and control cicuitry are in a backpack. It's pretty easy to tell you can just leave the electric part behind. But why would you want to :p?

I find that kind of a weird arguement, actually. I mean, c'mon. Most people use a bike when they want to go somewhere they don't want to walk, but don't want to hassle with a car or paying for gas. This just makes the trip easier and faster. Also more fun :D.

31 for me..

0 to 5 years i was playing with less than 1.5V
6 to 12 i was playing with up to 120V ac
13-31 i was playing with up to 40kV

And from the past yeard... i have been playing with 84V with alot of fun ! :mrgreen:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
0 to 5 years i was playing with less than 1.5V
6 to 12 i was playing with up to 120V ac
13-31 i was playing with up to 40kV

Whoa, kinda sounds like me (not got much HV stuff, though). :eek:

I'd take all my toys and stuff apart (still do, LOL). Most people were only impressed when I could put it back together. :p I asked for a screwdriver kit for Christmas once.

Nerds 4 life. :D

at least you put it back together. I used the parts for scrap build. Used to get yelled at a lot when i turn 50 dollars remote control car in to miniature remote control fan. Crappy one at at.

Wow, I'm super surprised how even the numbers are. I figured one category would outweigh the rest easily. Guess not...unless we're all teens that didn't get to vote.

Only 21.
I've bean into electronics sins I was 14 (got my first soldering iron about then).
I've always liked tinkering, doesn't hurt that my Dad always did his own automotive work, I learned to swap a slant 6 for a 318 when I was 16.
Broke college student (computer engineering) atm, so can't aford to build one yet.

I am also surprised to see the numbers so even. :shock: I though it was mostly old handiecreped folks like me with a few youngons here and there. Now I see why so many threads are all over the place. It's really hard to be sensible about some things when you're young cuz you just don't have enough information yet. :lol: Some of us even have a hard time when we are old. :D

Back