Would you buy this? (battery enclosure)?

Hi To All~
Well...I'm ready to hang out my shingle here. On the third battery enclosure and feel confident that these will be consistently high standard of quality. There's no better place to have your Lipo or LiFePO4 than in the triangle...for balance, handling, safety, and security. Wanting to get a finger on the pulse of likely receptivity for folks buying these. Have considered the price long and hard....and at $275....they are affordable and I'll be working very cheap until I build my familiarity and speed in building. That price is for the finished enclosure, complete with closed-cell foam along lower perimeters. The one I'm building now is more customized and would be more expensive. The forward corner has a weather proof chamber with air scoops to bring in air (and let it out again) for cooling the controller. Rubber grommets penetrating the box would be an example of another slight add-on in cost. (for wiring).
Check out the details....on this thread... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30457 ....
All fasteners are stainless....I have also fashioned a kit to send to purchasers, for creating an absolutely accurate template of the shape of the triangle, which is essential to perfect fit everytime. Without using this kit there would be no warentee on the fit.
For the moment, only bikes with the standard triangles (as opposed to dual susp, where rear shock occupies part of it) are available. Local ebike folks, I would be willing to work with on more complex designs, because I'd need access to the bike during the build) I'm 70miles north of San Fransisco.
I know everybody NEEDS one...but who would actually buy one?
Of course...I posted this original thread to help others find the way to build their own...but simply said...not everybody is a finish carpenter.
Looking forward to the responces here. Thanks

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum but i got the bug for e bikes now and I'm having a blast with it. You really did a great job building that unit. i hope you post pic's of you building your battery pack and how it works out for you. Keep up the good work and have fun with it, the concept is excellent and looks top shelf. Congrats

That really is nice workmanship, excellent!! You make me want to buy one! I have some of the skills and all of the materials at work but would still have you make it. It takes time and repetiveness to perfect these projects. Your price is very resonable.

Riverman & Chssschr1~
Thanks for the positive feedback. i'm off and travelling right now...but home soon. Will repost this, along with pics of latest build in the For Sale section....ready for orders and lovin it. i really like the balance this creates in the bike's handling. Go jolly....Dan

Don't be discouraged about the lack of posts, after all not many will desire to have a custom enclourse, but for those that do, this thread needs to be before there eyes. Its a great deal.

Depends on if you would make these custom for the persons bike that orders.
If so I would be very interested once I determine what I could fit in my frame.

Regardless it looks tight.

Yea sorry was reading in bed on my phone - I think you would sell a good amount of those especially since it looks like
you are pretty good at making them.

Back