any body listen to heavy metal

truckerzero

100 W
any type oldschool ,nuschool, death, black ,speed ,thrash, whatever
my favorits are death, slayer ,obituary, carcass
and for new bands archenemy is my favorite
its a old school sounding death metal band with a hot chick singer and lots of iron madin ingvay malnstein joe satriane inspired guitar work
quite a variaty of musical textures for a death metal band
the two guitarists are brothers from the band carcass they are swedish and the singer is from germany but its all sung in english

Woo, good timing. I was just listening to Kovenant's "Acid Theatre" :D. Love that melodic death. Techno meets metal? Mmm, yes. 8)

i love melodic death if you havent checked out archenemy check them out on you tube try "i will livw again" and mayby "we will rise"

For some reason, everytime I listen to death/thrash/etc I think of Cookie Monster...
Cookie_Monster.jpg

he must be the god father of the death metal growl :lol:

fyi the first sesamy street show aired in 1969 and had the cookie monster in it and this was long before the death metal way of singing became popular in the 80's with bands like death morbid angel and carcass so maby he really is the god father to the death metal growl

c is for cookie came out on a album for sesamy street in 1971 and that would predate any other song with groling style of singing wow this is kind of cool

just to verify i found a mp3 of that 1971 song and the vocals were the typical cookie monster vocals all the way back in 1971 but it took over a decade for some one to put it in a metal song hmmm

you gotta watch this funny[youtube]JWac5UT80no[/youtube]

Nothing better in life then music... except....you know the rest. I've invested $7000 in my "home theater.” Classic rock for me. I love Tool, which is about as close to death metal as I get. I always keep an open ear though. A lot of people reach a point in there life where they conceder new music to be immeasurable to music of the past. For the most part I agree, but once and a while a killer song comes along.

well this thread has seemed to die so i think ill add some videos frome my favorite artist
ARCHENEMY
and yes the singer is a girl but one of the best death metal growlers ive heard take a listen
[youtube]zPIk7SpldC8[/youtube]

heres a couple interviews with the lead singer angela gossow (shes german and the bands sweedish)
[youtube]oQ_JLbN_Jdo[/youtube]
[youtube]odmiW0M4KBg[/youtube]
[youtube]XoCRNo_GoiQ[/youtube]
[youtube]EjQ0uqa7pOg[/youtube]

here is the rest of their "offical" released videos since angela joined the band in 2002
[youtube]p4sk8Eyy-ns[/youtube]
[youtube]mZM-d2qD15E[/youtube]
[youtube]n9AcG0glVu4[/youtube]
[youtube]AsJ0bsdRDzk[/youtube]
[youtube]wMGpcjzb67Q[/youtube]
[youtube]R4Dn02bR4pg[/youtube]

if you like this there are tons of live stuff on youtube
this is by far my favorite band ind i havent been this into a band since i dicovered death metal
when i was a kid

any comments on this band would be cool either leave them here of feel free to send me a private message

I love death and black metal. My favorite genre is Melodic Death metal or Melodic Black metal, but I dig folk, and trance metal too as well as various unnamed genres. Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquility, Mors Principium Est, Graveworm, and In Flames, just to name a few.

Iron Yeti said:
I love death and black metal. My favorite genre is Melodic Death metal or Melodic Black metal

Very choice. :D

Two of my favorite metal/industrial songs here:

[youtube]attxxpjm22E[/youtube]

[youtube]f-D1nd3Y7tI[/youtube]

Sounds a bit more like trance/ambient. Either way, I am digging that first band.

Industrial metal from Finland. Turmion kätilöt. They are nuts.
[youtube]eaGEuB0L7vw[/youtube]

This is my all time favorite band. I love them so much.
[youtube]ZPRt6Tt6RyM[/youtube]

yeti amon amarth is the only band other than archenemy that id love to see live in the near(next year or so)future
i love everything ive seen or heard from them one of those bands you can pop their album in and listen to the whole
thing and not have to skip songs

truckerzero said:
yeti amon amarth is the only band other than archenemy that id love to see live in the near(next year or so)future
i love everything ive seen or heard from them one of those bands you can pop their album in and listen to the whole
thing and not have to skip songs

Dude, I love Amon Amarth so much. I am psyched for their new album. There are very few bands I can listen to straight through, but AA is one of em.

Back